Windows 10: Monitor taking longer and longer to "wake up" in the morning

Discus and support Monitor taking longer and longer to "wake up" in the morning in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello My Windows10 has suddenly started taking longer and longer for my monitor to come to life first thing in the morning. It now seems to take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ship69, Nov 28, 2016.

1. ship69 Win User

Monitor taking longer and longer to "wake up" in the morning

Hello

My Windows10 has suddenly started taking longer and longer for my monitor to come to life first thing in the morning. It now seems to take about 2 - 3 minutes! And it seems that I need to press the "Source" button on the screen as well.

- Any advice?

Here is more info about my system:

Operating system: Windows10 Pro (x64)
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 244T
    Motherboard: Intel DP55WB (MA TX)
    Processor: Intel Core I5 750 2.66GHz
    RAM: 8GB = (2GB 1066 DDR3 Memory) x4 modules
    Hard disk: SSD 300GB, "INTEL SSDSA2CW300G3 ATA Device"
    Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 - S/n: 7 78656 05291 8

AMD RADEON SETTINGS:
    OVERVIEW
    Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
    Memory Size - 1024 MB
    Memory Type - HyperMemory
    Core Clock - 850 MHz

SOFTWARE
    Radeon Settings Version - 2016.0226.1531.27895
    Driver Packaging Version - 15.201.1151.1008-151104a-296217E
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1500
    Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.1128
    OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13399
    OpenCL™ Version - 2.0.4.0
    AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.83

DVD: DVD-RWSATA (BOOT MENU: TSSTcorp CDDVDDW SH-S223C - ATAPI?)
    Power supply: 500W ATX 12v 80+ PSU
    Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX -
    Keboard: Microsoft Comfort Curve Control Keyboard 2000 v1.0
    Case: Midi Tower

I have tried using remote desktop software (Teamviewer) and clearly the PC is running it's just that the screen stays completely blank for ages and ages - 2 or 3 minutes in fact!

Cheers

J

:)

ship69, Nov 28, 2016
  2. spm5117 Win User

Icons move to the left on a 4K monitor

Sorry for waking this thread back up - but I hadn't seen a solution anywhere and just wanted to share. I have Samsung's 28" U28E590D 4k monitor. All I had to do was download the driver for the monitor from Samsung's website. Now that I've installed
    that, the icons no longer move to the top left corner when the PC wakes up from sleep.

spm5117, Nov 28, 2016
  3. stgreg Win User
    Cortana no longer pops up with greetings or info on taskbar!

After the Win 10 Anniversary upgrade: Cortana no longer pops up from the taskbar with "hello", "Good Morning", or any "tips or greetings". The setting for that is still set to "on". Is there a fix for this?

stgreg, Nov 28, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

The Samsung SyncMaster 244T is from when, 2007?

I suppose that it uses a fluorescent backlight rather than LEDs. I'm not sure what the life expectancy of that would be.

On the other hand, it's not obvious why a failing backlight would make it necessary to set the source.

Good luck with it.

bobkn, Nov 29, 2016
  5. ship69 Win User
    Yes I think I bought it in 2007.
    I don't know how to tell if it has a back light or LEDs for sure, but this site Samsung SyncMaster 244T Specs - CNET says it has "LCD monitor / TFT active matrix" and this site calls it "the best high resolution LCD monitor I’ve seen"
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/Samsung-SyncMaster-244T-review-samsung-syncmaster-244t-page-4

If it has a back light, clearly that light is work - I am using the monitor right now!

But every morning it takes me about 3 minutes to get it going [GRRR]

My routine is to unplug the power for 10 seconds, plug it back in, wait 60 seconds and eventually a message appears saying that nothing is attached to the monitor. At this point I have to press the "Source" button once, and then a few seconds later the screen comes to life and works just fine.

How can I work out if it's the graphics card or the monitor itself that is not starting properly?

J

ship69, Nov 29, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    I'm not a brilliant diagnostician.

If it was me, I'd try another monitor. It helps that I have another monitor to try.

One thought: with everything turned off, disconnect the monitor from the PC. Turn on the monitor. It ought to display some sort of "no signal" message in much less than 2-3 minutes.

bobkn, Nov 29, 2016
  7. Sounds like a classic case of capacitors drying out / failing inside the monitor. Easily replaced if you can solder.
    Have a look on the badcaps forum for more info on how common problems like this are.

pillboxhunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor taking longer and longer to "wake up" in the morning - Similar Threads - Monitor taking longer

2. Blue screen is taking longer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen is taking longer: I was doing some schoolworks and I forgot that my laptop is already running low in battery. It shut down. and then blue screen appeared. Its almost 30 mns now but its still 0% complete. stop code: clock watchdog timeoutthank you!...
  3. Blue screen is taking longer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen is taking longer: I was doing some schoolworks and I forgot that my laptop is already running low in battery. It shut down. and then blue screen appeared. Its almost 30 mns now but its still 0% complete. stop code: clock watchdog timeoutthank you!...
  4. Blue screen is taking longer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Take longer time on welcome

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Take longer time on welcome: when I bought my laptop then it take roughly 10 sec to bootup and takes roughly 1sec in welcome screen but when I download some app and games from then my pc takes longer time on welcome screen roughly 5-10 sec. which is very annoying. I trIed every possible way, watch...
  6. Windows no longer waking monitor after pc being a sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows no longer waking monitor after pc being a sleep: Hello, Can anyone help me figure out my problem here? Over the past couple of weeks I've had a issue with our PC monitor, well I thought it was the monitor. When the PC goes to sleep and you wake it up, it won't bring the monitor back to life. After trying numerous work...
  7. The longer the PC stays on and used the longer it takes applications to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The longer the PC stays on and used the longer it takes applications to load: I have a brand new souped up PC with a clean install of Windows10 Pro. Here is the issue. When I first boot the PC everything is refreshingly fast. It boots fast, it is ready to use fast and applications (e.g., Microsoft Word) load in what might be called a blink of the...
  8. HDMI to monitor no longer responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI to monitor no longer responding: I've got a generic 22-inch Dynex monitor hooked up to my Dell desktop running Win10. It has been a bit fussy connecting through the desktop's HDMI jack in the past, but it's been fine for more than a year ... until the 12/12 Win10 update. Suddenly I'm getting "no signal" on...
  9. Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep: I've been using the same monitor (I-Inc iH282) connected via an HDMI cable for about 7 years now (under Win10 home for the last 2 years) and the speaker inside the monitor (used as my default sound device) has worked every time .. except that is for about the last month. It...
  10. Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps: Hey everyone! First of all I'm glad to see TenForums is around, SevenForums way back when saved me more than a few times and was consistently a quality board *Smile So I configured my PC and network to support Wake on LAN, and after a long time trying to get it to work...