Windows 10: Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep

Discus and support Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; PC turns on from mouse key or keyboard key , monitor's green power light is on but screen dark. -Have jiggled power cord to pc, both ends of monitor's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rcten, Aug 16, 2017.

1. rcten Win User

Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep

PC turns on from mouse key or keyboard key , monitor's green power light is on but screen dark.
    -Have jiggled power cord to pc, both ends of monitor's cable to pc but nothing happens.
    -Have checked both keyboard and mouse hardware settings and they are set to "wake"
    -Have diagnosed monitor with Dells utility and it passes.
    Have to turn off pc and restart and then it wakes up fine. This is happening intermittently but more often lately, it seems.
    Help?

:)

rcten, Aug 16, 2017

2. Sleep Problem after "upgrading " to windows 10

Still stuck with the same problem. Get this, if I leave the computer on and turn the monitor off, it goes to sleep and won't wake up.

RichardArthur III, Aug 16, 2017
  3. Windows 10...monitor won't wake after sleep?

When my computer sleeps and I go to use it, i can hear the CPU starting up but the monitor says no signal. Windows 10...monitor won't wake after sleep?

KimberlyHMK, Aug 16, 2017
  4. Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep

Hi rcten

I would reset my power plan settings back to default, reboot and customize.

Next I would check graphics driver? Two ways to go. If it recently updated and you've noticed it more, down grade version. If it hasn't been updated, which is possible, try looking for a new driver. You can use Windows to check.

I would also check if Dell has a newer BIOS for device. I am not saying to update BIOS, just it would be nice to know if there are newer versions and what they fixed.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 16, 2017
  5. rcten Win User
    -Turned Sleep Settings to Never in both fields.
    -Went to Power Settings changed the following
    HD Turn Off changed to Never
    USB changed to Disable
    Display changed to Never
    -Now changed Sleep Settings back to 3 Min for Monitor , 15 Min HD.
    Powered OFF and then ON, let 20 minutes pass without using the PC, apparently went to sleep, hit the mouse key and restarted fine.
    Many thanks for the response.

rcten, Aug 17, 2017
  6. Great. Glad its working. Did you see if Dell has newer BIOS's? (Again, not saying to do it, just back pocket info.)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 17, 2017
  7. rcten Win User
    Yes, it came out 7/4/17 mine is older. They fix security issues. I think I'll install it.

Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep [​IMG]

rcten, Aug 18, 2017
  8. Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep

Well you understand the risks, your call.

Should you do it, do it on a fair weather day, you want stable power. My desktop is supported by a UPS.

Also be patient.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep

1. Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor Won't Won't

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  4. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  5. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  6. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  7. PC Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't wake up again. When asleep, the light flashes as it should, but when I press the power button/keyboard, the fans spin up to...
  8. Computer Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, Recently, my PC won't awaken from being asleep. When it's asleep and I press the power button, the fans all spin up (sounds like max rpm), but no display. This means I have to hold the power button to restart it. I have tried updating all the drivers but to no avail -...
  9. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  10. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834