Windows 10: Monitoring and updating a text file

Discus and support Monitoring and updating a text file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I'm looking for a tool that will monitor and update live a text file. That file would be open and an external software will write some log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arjfca, May 17, 2017.

1. arjfca Win User

Monitoring and updating a text file

Hello

I'm looking for a tool that will monitor and update live a text file. That file would be open and an external software will write some log in it.

Any idea how to do that?
    Martin

:)

arjfca, May 17, 2017
  2. Jump007 Win User

IE11 Address Bar Tiny! How do I enlarge?

Hi,

I have the same problem, but in my case the toolbar text is too large (appearance on the second monitor - set to 2560x1440). On the surface pro the text is set text size 175%, the monitor text size set to 100%. All programs (such as File Explorer or Google
    Chrome) come up in the expected text size on both screens. Only IE11 (Toolbar) is normal on the Surface Pro 3 screen, but becomes huge on the monitor (content remains normal). This is not happening using google Chrome. There must be a way to adjust the tool
    bar text size with IE11 depending on the Screen resolution.

Anyone else who can help. My only solution is to us Google Chrome.
    Monitoring and updating a text file [​IMG]

Jump007, May 17, 2017
  3. Windows 10 corrupt text

Thank you for the suggestions. I have Win 10 version 1511. I ran the file checker you recommended and it found no integrity problems with file system. I scanned for updates and my desktop is up to date. I have already tried to use Clear Type and it doesn't
    help. I also tried a different monitor and had the same problems. My Outlook email and Start menu problem persists. For a few minutes after boot-up the text is sharp and clear then it slowly devolves into blurry text.

JimTobin_99, May 17, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

If the file is going to be in use it may be locked so hard to do

Samuria, May 17, 2017
  5. arjfca Win User
    Did installed NotePad ++. It has a function to do that and another function to let the window always displayed on the screen

Martin

arjfca, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitoring and updating a text file - Similar Threads - Monitoring updating text

2. Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted: Hi guys : I have a problem with my external Monitor asus vg24vqe that is connected to my laptop Asus 5 Nitro with HDMI 2.0 cable.On my main screen/laptop everything is perfect , sharp text and amazing quality. But on the external monitor text looks very weird , blurry ,...
  3. Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted: Hi guys : I have a problem with my external Monitor asus vg24vqe that is connected to my laptop Asus 5 Nitro with HDMI 2.0 cable.On my main screen/laptop everything is perfect , sharp text and amazing quality. But on the external monitor text looks very weird , blurry ,...
  4. text file debug.txt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    text file debug.txt: hello, there is a text file on the desktop containing xxx / xxxxxx ERROR: settings.cc 430] Settings version is not 5, where there are numbers under x but I don't know if you can enter them here: D...
  5. Text extremely blurry on monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text extremely blurry on monitor: [ATTACH] I just got a 1920x1080 monitor for my 3840x2400 laptop. I have them both set to the recommended resolutions (the ones listed above), and the recommended scaling (100% for the monitor, 300% for the laptop.) All the text on the laptop is extremely crisp, but the...
  6. monitor text and background colours

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor text and background colours: I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish...
  7. 4K Monitor Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    4K Monitor Blurry Text: Sorry Mods this is a dup post that I have in graphics cards. This is where I meant it to be. Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the...
  8. SAVE TEXT FILE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAVE TEXT FILE: HOW DO I SAVE A NEW TEXT FILE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/save-text-file/01f023b9-60d7-41a5-8f09-5291aae54c07
  9. new monitor text and app problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    new monitor text and app problems: I'm using Windows 10 and installed a new 27" BenQ monitor earlier today. It worked perfectly when I first started the PC. When I shut it down, there was a Windows 10 update. When I restarted it later, all the apps were very small and black text is multicoloured. I can set the...
  10. Gaming monitor blurry text - sort of - text shadowed behind

in Windows 10 Support
    Gaming monitor blurry text - sort of - text shadowed behind: Hi all, Just bought my first PC in a decade, and I find in some applications or menus the text is distractingly fuzzy. I have a gaming monitor, set my display to 144 hz - please bear in mind I hardly have any idea what I'm doing - and am using a DCI-D cable. It looks to...