Windows 10: Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

Discus and support Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've built 3 computers over the last 10 or so years. Each one has had a different OS. Windows 7, 10, and now 11. Each one, with completely different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony A3, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Tony A3 Win User

Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

I've built 3 computers over the last 10 or so years. Each one has had a different OS. Windows 7, 10, and now 11. Each one, with completely different hardware, from completely different manufacturers, always ends up with one incredibly frustrating problem: they don't properly recover from sleep. I would say, close to 50% of the time, whether my PC goes to sleep automatically or on purpose, it does not recover. I wake it up via mouse, the PC itself turns on, but the monitors remain black. The only way to recover is a manual reboot. This must be a long time Windows problem, because as I've stated

:)

Tony A3, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Anbu935 Win User

Dual monitors not waking from sleep

Hi all,

I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.

I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away completely as they wake from sleep just fine when only using a single monitor. This issue only seems to occur when using both monitors simultaneously.

I have tried the below steps to no avail to remedy the issue:

• Changed the DisplayPort cable
    • Uninstalled graphics drivers with DDU and reinstalled them again
    • Made sure Windows update was completely up-to-date, including any optional drivers
    • Made sure there were no unknown devices in Device Manager
    • Turned Link State Power Management under PCI Express in Power Plan settings to off
    • Completely formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows 11
    None of these steps have resolved the issue.

Any assistance provided will be much appreciated!

Anbu935, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Monitor will not wake from sleep

When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.

I have read multiple forums trying to find a solution but nothing seems to work. things I have tried:

• updating BIOS
    • restoring Windows
    • running Windows Update
    • trying a different monitor
    • checking monitor settings
    • turning off Fast Startup
    • Running Troubleshooter Power
    • turning off Link State Power Management
    • Restarting in Safe Mode
    • Updating and Rolling Back the display adaptor
    • checking that keyboard and mouse can wake the PC
    • probably a few more that I have forgotten
    Asus PN51

Windows 11Home 64 bit

AMD Ryzen 7 5700u

AMD Radeon Graphics

Any suggestions gratefully received

CMartinPage, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

Recover from sleep without PIN number

You need to execute following steps to recover from sleep without PIN number

Windows Key+I to invoke Settings > Accounts > Sign in options > Click in the Require sign in list box > Choose Never

Vijay_Verma, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

1. Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep - Similar Threads - Monitors turn recovering

2. Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep: I've built 3 computers over the last 10 or so years. Each one has had a different OS. Windows 7, 10, and now 11. Each one, with completely different hardware, from completely different manufacturers, always ends up with one incredibly frustrating problem: they don't properly...
  3. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  4. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  5. My Gateway monitor will not turn on after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Gateway monitor will not turn on after waking from sleep: Recently, my Gateway monitor will only repeatedly flash the Gateway logo when Windows wakes up from sleep. The Windows desktop will not display, and I have to manually power off the computer and restart.This is new behavior. Maybe after a Windows update. This is Windows 10,...
  6. Monitor wouldnt turn on from sleep mode after an error

Monitor wouldnt turn on from sleep mode after an error: When I leave my pc idleusually when downloading something etc., there would be a Chrome.exe or Explorer.exe error. After that my monitor would go to sleep mode and it wouldn't turn back on. Even if I try moving my mouse, nothing would happen. I have to restart my pc, then the...
  7. Monitor not turning on after sleep

Monitor not turning on after sleep: Hey, I just put my windows 10 pc on sleep and when I came back the monitor won't turn on. I already tried unplugging the power cable and replugging. Not working. I also cannot shut down my pc. I use a LG monitor. What can I do? Thanks, Luc...
  8. Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight?: I'm using an LG and a Samsung TV as both of my monitors and after installing Nvidia drivers from the website and installing GeForce Experience for recording my monitors all of a sudden don't wanna turn on after a nights sleep. All I get on my TV and my main LG monitor are...
  9. Excel spreadsheet migrates from one monitor to another after monitors sleep or are turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Excel spreadsheet migrates from one monitor to another after monitors sleep or are turned off: On new Windows 10 desktop, an Excel spreadsheet open on monitor 2 keeps migrating to monitor 1 when monitors are asleep. How do I keep the spreadsheet on the monitor I left it on?...
  10. Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random: Hi friends, I have a very... peculiar problem on my (desktop) computer that started just recently. In my power settings I have set up the monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and hibernate is disabled (set to "Never"). Like this (it's in norwegian). [img] This have been...