Windows 10: Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting

Discus and support Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; **************Edit********************* I ended up ordering another dell gaming monitors and selling the other Acers and running two identical Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vahdyx, Oct 14, 2016.

1. vahdyx Win User

Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting

**************Edit*********************

I ended up ordering another dell gaming monitors and selling the other Acers and running two identical Dell Monitors instead. This change was my work around for the issue. Plus I reformatted my PC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I want to apologize if this doesn't belong in this thread, but it seemed the most appropriate at the time.

My computer has three monitors, one monitor is connected DVI, one HDMI, and the last one is Display Port. The two side monitors are 1080p 60hz and the same model Acer. The primary monitor is a Dell 1440p 144Hz monitor which is connected via Display Port.

Every time there's an Nvidia graphics driver update, it resets my default audio to one of the monitors, then changes my wallpapers to the same wallpaper that's on my primary monitor. So what ever is on the Dell monitor gets duplicated to the other two.

I just went through an update like a week ago and it changed all my monitors to the same thing. I didn't feel like messing with it, so I just left it. This fine Saturday morning, I found a pretty cool Harley Quinn wallpaper, a random wilderness one and a nice painting of Zelda that I wanted to display.

When trying to set each monitor's wallpaper, I noticed it only shows Monitor 1, and two Monitor 3's. And anyone one of those Monitor 3's changes them all.

So...

Set for all monitors = Changes all monitors to the same wallpaper
    Monitor 1 = Changes Monitor One
    Monitor 3 = Changes all monitors to the same wallpaper
    Monitor 3 = Changes all monitors to the same wallpaper

It's quite odd.

Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting [​IMG]

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

:)

vahdyx, Oct 14, 2016

2. Dual Monitor Background Spanning Problems Windows 10 Pro

If you go to Settings :: Personalization :: Background, is it actually in Span mode or is still in Fit mode? I'm guessing that the actual problem is that the monitor isn't enumerating correctly and the desktop slideshow code is seeing only one monitor at
    that time, and thus displaying the same image on both monitors.

zachd [MSFT], Oct 14, 2016
  3. Displaying what's on my windows 10 PC to my large screen tv.

Did I read that correctly, you have no monitors showing in display settings????

Right click desktop>> Display Settings

seahawks65, Oct 14, 2016
Thema:

Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting

1. Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting - Similar Threads - Monitors displayed correctly

2. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  3. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  4. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  5. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  6. Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly: On my old laptop, the connection to my monitor worked perfectly, but the resolution I choose is either too big to fit the screen or way too zoomed in with my new laptop. When zoomed in it doesn't let me change the scale of the text apps, etc. Hoping for a fix because I really...
  7. Can't change display settings or personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display settings or personalization: HelloWhile I can open Windows settings, once I search for a specific setting, it wont open.If I press Personalization in windows settings, it only allows me to change the font, and in System I can only change sound settings.I can't change brightness nor a simple wallpaper.Do...
  8. Personalize setting and display setting could not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personalize setting and display setting could not open: Hi, My Laptop,, when I at desktop screen, right click and click the menu personalize or display, just pop out message box, and I could not open setting apps from setting menu. thanks.[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows not displaying correct monitor information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not displaying correct monitor information: I recently acquired a second monitor that is the same brand as my original monitor. Original monitor model: GN276HL New monitor model: A221HQV Both monitors are acer. My original monitor is now appearing as the A221HQV in my display settings. My problem is that my...
  10. Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct: i bought a new monitor yesterday (AOC E2270SWHN) and i found that the screen was really stretched out when I connected it to my pc. Here is a picture: [img] When I went into the settings I found that there was no option for 1080x1920 and was very confused. Like I said, my...