Windows 10: Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

Discus and support Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Can anyone advise please? I have created a shortcut to enable me to put my computer into sleep mode without the power button. I am trying to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steverido, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Steverido Win User

Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

Can anyone advise please?

I have created a shortcut to enable me to put my computer into sleep mode without the power button.

I am trying to find a way that I can keep my monitors in sleep mode too. They go into sleep mode and then after about twenty to thirty seconds switch off.

I have looked in power management but there is no option to do this.

:)

Steverido, Aug 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 Fall creators update created a problem with sleep mode. when starting from sleep mode monitor screen displays bright but blank screen.

Windows 10 Fall creators update created a problem with sleep mode. when starting from sleep mode monitor screen displays bright but blank screen. have to switch power off then on to reboot. shutting down or leaving monitor on does not cause any problem.

GaryEisenberger, Aug 15, 2015
  3. (Rob) Win User
    Windows 10 needs to be switched on twice

I have not made any changes to the computer recently just upgraded to 10.

I do not get ant error message.

It starts as normal up to "Loading Op. System"

The windows icon and revolving dots come up but they are both all broken up.

The monitor goes into sleep mode (it has lost the signal)

I have waited for a while but have learnt at this point I need to turn off and turn back on and it starts OK.

Other thing I have noticed is having used the PC then switch off the monitor goes to sleep before the PC dies down. This did not happen with 7.

I went to "safe mode" and when I turn off the machine the PC goes off before the monitor goes to sleep as per 7.

I have had to come out of safe mode because I am unable to use mail or internet.

Regards

Rob

(Rob), Aug 15, 2015
  4. ricorp Win User

What exactly do you want to achieve or set up specific to the monitor?

EDIT: I made a boo-boo post after I felt sarcasm rise up in me from a previous post. My apologies.

ricorp, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Try this: ukanth/monitores
    Lock (Win+L) the computer and the monitor goes into standby mode.

Hybrid Vigor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Monitors Switch Off

2. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally: This is an intermittent problem and only happens every few days. When it happens, the PC is not able to be turned on again via the front switch, I have to switch off the power supply so I can turn on the PC again via the front switch.I have updated BIOS, Video card driver and...
  3. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally: This is an intermittent problem and only happens every few days. When it happens, the PC is not able to be turned on again via the front switch, I have to switch off the power supply so I can turn on the PC again via the front switch.I have updated BIOS, Video card driver and...
  4. Sleep Mode & Screen Off Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode & Screen Off Mode: If I set,PC screen will turn off after- 1hourPC will sleep after- 2hourWhen the PC will actually sleep during my inactivity? Is it 2hour? Or 1+2=3 hour?I mean, what does it mean by "sleep after"? Does the count start from the screen went off? Or from the the very beginning of...
  5. New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode: My new HP Pavilion laptop switched off automatically in sleep mode. With the help of HP and Microsoft team carried out system restore, system reset and also tried system reboot using external USB drive. No joy till date.I have realized that this problem starts only after...
  6. switch off s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    switch off s mode: I follow all the cinstructions to get off the s mode in windows 10.. but nothing works... When i go to widnows store i see the message-error "ask the IT of yout system", and the download button is not clickable. What can i do ? Have you seen it again?...
  7. Flight Mode will not switch off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flight Mode will not switch off: Hi, Power up laptop today wanting to sue it wirelessly But Flight Mode is on. I have not selected it but It will not switch off. Laptop is a Dell E6440. Win 10 has all updates as far as I am aware. Any ideas....
  8. Monitor sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66
  9. monitor switches off on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor switches off on startup: After updates the computer switches OFF the monitor on startup. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-switches-off-on-startup/ec15c7e7-1fb1-4586-9164-6c64e471c3c9
  10. Monitor Will Not Switch Off...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Will Not Switch Off...: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I've set my monitor to turn off after 10minutes in "Power saving" but it doesn't turn off. It stays on all night... Anyone know what I can do? Thanks! 70214