Windows 10: Monthly registration needed for paid version

Discus and support Monthly registration needed for paid version in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I like to use an old programme, that has not been supported or updated anymore for years: Memories on TV Pro 4.1.2 (paid version). Still, an excellent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PiKo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. PiKo Win User

Monthly registration needed for paid version

I like to use an old programme, that has not been supported or updated anymore for years: Memories on TV Pro 4.1.2 (paid version). Still, an excellent programme.
    Under W7 after the initial registration, it worked for years without further registration.
    Under W10, it asks me every month for the registration data. Then it works again for one month.
    Registration takes place in the programme and accepted by the programme without connecting to the internet.
    I uninstalled the programme and reinstalled again, to no avail.
    Of course it is a minor trouble to insert the registration key on a monthly base, but I am wondering what W10 does what W7 did not do.

:)

2. Phone bill payment error (Vodafone India)

Hi,

I suspected as much a couple of other users have reported this not working with pre paid but user's on monthly billing seems to work fine.

This is something you need to check with Vodafone but I suspect this service is only available with monthly billing not pre paid.

I have also raised this on our end and am awaiting an answer and will get back to you once I get this.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

Raoul_Duke---01, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Data Sense "Reset Button"

OK, I have to explain a little.

Because the app is designed to work on a monthly plan, a reset would be pointless .

However, what would be awesome is a second working mode. The app should allow selecting either the monthly plan mode or the pre-paid mode.

The problem with the pre-paid mode is that it usually works just like a monthly plan, auto-activating the pre-paid pack if there is enough credit around.

For not so common cases like Entegy's, it might make sense to have a reset button.

Sorry for my hasty previous comment!

Cinderella RT, Aug 24, 2016
  4. PiKo Win User

I never understood why being in de administrator account, you sometimes have to start a programme by "run as administrator".
    Doing that, and putting so your credentials, appeared to be the solution.

5. lx07 Win User
    The reason is that even when you use an administrator account you run with standard user authority. You can override this when it asks you. If you have a standard user account you need to enter the password of a separate administrator.

If you download something and it says "Would you like this app to make changes to your device" then think about it. If you say "Yes" then it can do what it wants.

Using an administrator account isn't less secure (unless you turn off UAC for some reason) as long as you don't just say "Yes" to everything.

The reason that some programs need to run as Administrator is that they wouldn't otherwise have authority to what they need. Apart from installation almost no programs (except for some diagnostic utilities) need this and if a game or something asks you for this authority you should consider why and whether they are trustworthy.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Monthly registration needed for paid version - Similar Threads - Monthly registration needed

2. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...: About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get...
  3. registration files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    registration files: So, Basically I just wanted to be able to get rid of palm tracking. But I couldn't find out how. i tried several different methods, one of which required me to mess with the registration files on the laptop. I didn't want to mess anything up and be unable to reverse it so i...
  4. Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version: Hey there, I haven't been terribly active here in a while, but am going to be building a new pc with my son at christmas time and wondering about imaging software. I want to ensure he picks up some good habits. It seems Macrium is the imaging software of choice still. Free...
  5. paid version of ultimate Word Games error message help needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    paid version of ultimate Word Games error message help needed: Message reads: User signed out You were signed out of Xbox Live from outside Microsoft Ultimate Word Games. The game will now be reloaded. However, it just endlessly cycles from this message to a screen that flashes so fast I cannot read it and back. I paid for the...
  6. CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version: Does the paid version of CCleaner suffer from the privacy issues, pop up ads, bundled software in the installer, like the CCleaner browser? Or are these issues related to just the free version? In other words, does anyone use the paid version and can confirm whether or not it...
  7. activering Registration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activering Registration: How can I activate my Registration for MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X + ACCELERATION ????? Harry Vos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activering-registration/077c47af-87ca-4565-9573-54486c9ed4ef
  8. problem on registration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem on registration: i can obtain registration key online, thus i can't the visual studio 2010 C++. there is a questionnaire after i click the "obtain a registration key online" button, but after i finish the questionnaire and click the "continuous" button, it jump to this page: "We are sorry,...
  9. Registration key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Registration key: I have purchased more than a dozen computers over the years, but never before has there been no apparent windows registration key, and the computer will not fully function without it. Other than a small fold out pamphlet, nothing came with the computer. Dell computer,...
  10. What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version): For the last three or four weeks this has been randomly happening.: [img] [img] Almost daily, and sometimes not for three days. Sometimes multiple times a day. MBAM makes no notice of it and continues to function. I've tried everything I know. Today I've disabled Self...