Windows 10: More about observations than queries...........

Discus and support More about observations than queries........... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am not sure if I should post at Virtualization or here. Brief background........... I have a Dell laptop started with Vista > upgraded to Win 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidhk, Feb 29, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

More about observations than queries...........

I am not sure if I should post at Virtualization or here.

Brief background...........
    I have a Dell laptop started with Vista > upgraded to Win 8 Pro (retail upgrade version)> Win 8.1 Pro > Win 10 Pro
    I have an Acer laptop started with Win 7 Home Premium > upgraded to Win 10 Home.
    It has been 2 years or more since I last used VMware. I decided to "play" with it again.

I installed VMware Workstation 12 (non-commercial) to my Acer laptop and I put Win 8.1 Pro ISO to the VM.
    At the start, I used the generic key to install. After installation completed, it was not activated. That's no surprise.
    So, I entered my Win 8 Pro key and I got activated.
    I thought my Win 8 Pro key was tied to my Dell laptop. I was shocked that the key was accepted.

During the installation BEFORE it was even finished, I was prompted to upgrade to Win 10. ( screenshot #1)
    I clicked Do it later to continue.
    Then I was prompted with another message that it will later download in the background anyway (screenshot #2)
    I had to click Decline free upgrade or I could not continue. "Not recommended" ? Wow !
    Speaking of " hard sell". Pushy isn't it ?

screenshot #1

More about observations than queries........... [​IMG]

screenshot #2

More about observations than queries........... [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Feb 29, 2016
  2. more than Win User

is later OS Tango update incloude smasung omina7

Hi i have Omina 7 from Samsung and i tried to update my mbile to Tango but i can't update,is OS tango update works on Omina7 i mean can i update to OS tango.

is my phone date as shown down later update fo Omina7 recentaly.

my phone data

Phone Operating System Nu: 7.10.7740.16

firmware Nu: 022211.8.5

hardware Nu:3.5.0.4

Radio Nu: 2424.11.7.2

Radio hardware Nu: 0.0.0.800

Bootloader Nu: 5.8.1.9

Zune software version - 4.8

Computer Operating System version - windows 7 32 bit

thanks

more than, Feb 29, 2016
  3. how about the n96?it is more powerful than n82/n95?

Abt audio & video the n96 is much much better than n95/8gb/n82. I already checked side by side in my hand.

reaz33---01, Feb 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

From what I've read MS activation servers probably don't keep a record of all uses of every license- more of a rolling record of more recent use. Thus if you tried to use a license key on two machines in quick succession that is much more likely to be rejected than using a key on a different machine after some years. I've had that experience in installing Win 10 using my Win 8 Pro key still used on my old and partly broken laptop. I'd expected to have to contact MS. However an attempt to set up a 32 bit virtual 32 bit Win 8 (to use some old hardware) with the same key was rejected.

dalchina, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. More about observations than queries........... - Similar Threads - More observations queries

2. Queries about a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about a problem: Hello! Unfortunately, my issue hasn’t been solved after I tried the provided solution. What should I do? It still shows the same and I’m attaching the screenshots again of both the steps and the current condition of my windows security for your reference. Hope to hear from...
  3. Queries about a problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Queries about a problem: Hello! Unfortunately, my issue hasn’t been solved after I tried the provided solution. What should I do? It still shows the same and I’m attaching the screenshots again of both the steps and the current condition of my windows security for your reference. Hope to hear from...
  4. Queries about a problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Queries about a problem: I have a security concern. I tried to use Torrent a few days ago and from there all my devices got attacked by ransomware. Unfortunately, my laptop, phone and all my devices that contained the same email addresses were attacked. After that incident, my windows defender...
  5. Query about update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query about update: Today I updated my windows version from 21H2 to 22H2, all are okay but I have one question. See the screenshot below. Windows.old is a folder which may be contain my previous windows files, now if I delete the folder, will any problem occurr???...
  6. About query

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    About query: Hi, How can I query all PC games which are sold on Microsoft store non-free games ?I think there may be a paged list about the information, but I don't know how to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-query/3db6ef3c-12c8-42dd-ae93-dd14d90a6297
  7. About query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About query: Hi, How can I query all PC games which are sold on Microsoft store non-free games ?I think there may be a paged list about the information, but I don't know how to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-query/3db6ef3c-12c8-42dd-ae93-dd14d90a6297
  8. About query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Query about BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Query about BSOD: My PC shows BSOD mostly while playing videos...sometimes while browsing or when the PC is in standby mode...what could be the problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-about-bsod/a9bdf094-9c38-4c1a-9393-404d153d3761
  10. More observations

in Windows 10 Support
    More observations: Just installed 10049 and it only took 3 hours or so. It seems better than 10041 thus far. The only way to get this update was by joining the FAST ring. The biggie for me is that it installed the Hi Def Audio for the chipset (OK - I forgot to disable onboard *Sad first). It...