Windows 10: More details emerge on Microsoft's Windows phone plans

Discus and support More details emerge on Microsoft's Windows phone plans in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier today, Microsoft announced a major restructuring of its mobile hardware business, which will include the loss of around 7,800 jobs, mostly from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

More details emerge on Microsoft's Windows phone plans

Read more: More details emerge on Microsofts Windows phone plans

:)

Brink, Jul 7, 2015

2. wireless network connectivity

Hi,

i have run the troubleshooter but it is saying "Troubleshoot couldn't identify the problem".

i checked the registry folder too, there is no folder name called "HKCR".

what to do now???

PFB Result of troubleshoot:

Fix or work around an emerging issue

L: Publisher details

Potential issues that were checked

L: Emerging issue 68309

Emerging issue 68309

Issue not present

Potential issues that were checked

L: Detection details

Emerging issue 68309

Issue not present

Detection details

Collection information

Computer Name:
    AMIT

Windows Version:

Architecture:

x64

Time:

Sunday, September 13, 2015 11:08:17 AM

Publisher details

Fix or work around an emerging issue

Use this fix until a permanent solution is available

Package Version:

Publisher:

Microsoft Corporation

amit_choudhary9, Jul 7, 2015
  3. [ Pete ] Win User
    windows 10

Microsoft are holding a Windows 10 event tomorrow; there might be details of plans discussed during that.

See here for more details of the event.

[ Pete ], Jul 7, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

I just got an email about this. I never even knew they bought Nokia..

Gary, Jul 7, 2015
  5. rfruth Win User
    I'll ditch my Android phone & goto Windows mobile, thank goodness I have a few months to let the dust settle b4 I do it

rfruth, Jul 7, 2015
  6. OK to me that reads Windows Phone on life support. Who in their right mind is going to trust M$ after they fire the whole of the Nokia team. Who is going to buy one when Microsoft does not appear to want the product? Why is Windows 10 so phone oriented when Microsoft seems to have let go the successful Nokia phone engineers and designers?

Indianatone, Jul 7, 2015
  7. batlhilz Win User
    Microsoft will never be a new nokia in mobile hardware business, sadly. hope they didnt **** that phone thingy totally up by giving a boot to a nokia guys.

batlhilz, Jul 8, 2015
  8. gzt7d8 Win User

I am actually thinking about a Windows phone when my current contract expires next year.

After this announcement you would have to wonder if they are going to bail out of the market all together.

Time will tell.

gzt7d8, Jul 8, 2015
  9. TheZeeMan Win User
    Give them time, MS jumped on the mobile bandwagon way late in the game. They purchased Nokia because they needed the hardware from a reliable phone manufacturer. They eliminated the duplicate positions that are no longer needed. Now, they can start new with Win10 especially. They are basically going to follow the route of the surface since its doing better than it has in the past. Just like the Surface and Surface Pro, there will be 2 Lumia's, one mid to high and one higher end. I'm just concerned about the carriers, if I have to switch carriers (currently I'm with Tmobile) I highly doubt a windows phone would be a push for me.

TheZeeMan, Jul 9, 2015
  10. Boozad Win User
    Oh well, my hope that MS would get some of the major banks etc developing their apps for Windows Phone have probably just gone out out of the window. My iPhone contract is up in two months and it still doesn't look like Windows Phone will be an option to switch to.

Boozad, Jul 9, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    You seem to be making a lot of assumptions....

Nowhere did anyone say Microsoft let go Engineers and designers. Chances are, much of the people let go were support/marketing/middle management, etc...

Mystere, Jul 9, 2015
  12. Trust_No1 Win User
    I thought that they had already cut the duplicate staff long ago. Windows phones having been losing ground on what little market share they had, so my thinking is, that this was in response to that.

Trust_No1, Jul 9, 2015
  13. TheZeeMan Win User

Hmm not that I'm aware of. Previously they closed a China plant (Microsoft to cut 9,000 Nokia jobs in China - MarketWatch) and prior to that, MS didn't purchase Nokia yet, but Nokia did a lot of restructuring before the acquisition.

TheZeeMan, Jul 9, 2015
  14. Boozad Win User
    Just looking at the price of the iPhone 6 and I think I'll just have to do my banking on my PC from now on and go with the Windows Phone after all. Maybe I should start looking at Continuum...

Boozad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. More details emerge on Microsoft's Windows phone plans - Similar Threads - More details emerge

2. *EMERGENCY* IS THIS A VIRUS? *EMERGENCY*

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    *EMERGENCY* IS THIS A VIRUS? *EMERGENCY*: I found this in the registry context menu : Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{48F45200-91E6-11CE-8A4F-0080C81A28D4} Is this a virus of some sort?...
  3. what are the details of the Assure tech service plan?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    what are the details of the Assure tech service plan?: what are the details of the Assure tech service plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-details-of-the-assure-tech-service/33453d07-71cd-4e80-af5a-2ff0bd342de4"
  4. Microsoft Details Migration Plan of New Microsoft Edge to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Details Migration Plan of New Microsoft Edge to Windows 10: Curious about how Microsoft Edge will be updated to the new version when you install the final (Stable channel) release on/after January 15th? This article has the answer. Note: For the best experience, you'll need the latest updates for Windows. Tweet — Twitter API (@user)...
  5. More details on Microsoft’s rumoured Windows Lite OS appears online

in Windows 10 News
    More details on Microsoft’s rumoured Windows Lite OS appears online: Microsoft is said to be working on a lightweight version of the desktop operating system reported called ‘Lite’ and it is intended to be optimised for 2-in-1s, laptops and tablets. According to Brad Sams, the ‘Lite’ operating system is squarely aimed at the likes of...
  6. Microsoft reveals more details of Windows Core OS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals more details of Windows Core OS: Microsoft's long rumored dual-screen Andromeda phone may never see the light of day, but the related "Windows Core OS" project or WCOS, is still underway, and according to a job vacancy posted on LinkedIn, it's all about Windows 10 devices and drivers. The vacancy for a...
  7. Microsoft: More details on the end of 'Get Windows 10' and what's next

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: More details on the end of 'Get Windows 10' and what's next: Microsoft's year-long offer to Windows 7 and 8.X PC and tablet users to get Windows 10 as a free update ends today, July 29, as Microsoft reconfirmed it would back in May this year. What else ends today? Microsoft's aggressive campaign to get those users to update to...
  8. Inside Microsoft's grand plan to sell more Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Inside Microsoft's grand plan to sell more Windows 10: Microsoft officials gave PC and phone makers their latest Windows 10 marching orders at WinHEC 2016. Here's where Microsoft is hoping its partners push the envelope the rest of this year. Microsoft isn't expected to have its next wave of Windows 10 devices ready for...
  9. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119
  10. Windows 'Threshold': More on Microsoft's plan to win over Windows 7 users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 'Threshold': More on Microsoft's plan to win over Windows 7 users: Windows "Threshold," the next major version of Microsoft's Windows operating system due to hit around the spring of 2015, is coming into focus. And not too surprisingly, one of the Microsoft Operating Systems Group's main goals in designing and developing the coming...