Windows 10: "More details" on replacing files doesn't work

Discus and support "More details" on replacing files doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Replacing files works fine, but clicking "More details" doesn't work. Did I miss a file setting? 12955 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gogreen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. gogreen Win User

"More details" on replacing files doesn't work

Replacing files works fine, but clicking "More details" doesn't work. Did I miss a file setting?

:)

gogreen, Aug 4, 2015
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Aug 4, 2015
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Aug 4, 2015
  4. gogreen Win User

Anyone? Just jump right in. Thanks.

gogreen, Aug 14, 2015
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    I believe that only is applicable if there is more than 1 conflict. It will show all files that can be replaced and/or skipped. One file will give the "greyed out" box on Details.

f14tomcat, Aug 14, 2015
  6. gogreen Win User
    What do you mean by "conflict"? When I replace a file, I want file details to appear, including size, date modified, and date created. This information used to appear when replacing files in Windows 7.

gogreen, Aug 14, 2015
  7. DavidY Win User
    I think this appears if you select the option to 'Compare Info for both files'

DavidY, Aug 21, 2015
  8. gogreen Win User

Thanks, DavidY. It does appear when "Compare..." is selected. How do I get that to appear automatically when I replace files? It did that in Windows 7. Thanks.

gogreen, Aug 21, 2015
  9. DavidY Win User
    I'm sorry but I don't know how to do that.

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "More details" on replacing files doesn't work - Similar Threads - More details replacing

2. Replace ico file doesn't change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace ico file doesn't change: Hi, when I replace an ico file that i'm using to custom a folder icon and replace this ico file with another ico file with the same name, the file doesn't change and remains the old ico file, even if i delete this first and then place the new one in the same directory as the...
  3. Replace ico file doesn't change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace ico file doesn't change: Hi, when I replace an ico file that i'm using to custom a folder icon and replace this ico file with another ico file with the same name, the file doesn't change and remains the old ico file, even if i delete this first and then place the new one in the same directory as the...
  4. Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?: I have tried every possible way to turn "Compact View" on in File Explorer for Windows 11 but nothing has worked since an update in December 2022. I have done all subsequent updates.I want to see the file spacing on the right of this image, not the left:...
  5. Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?: I have tried every possible way to turn "Compact View" on in File Explorer for Windows 11 but nothing has worked since an update in December 2022. I have done all subsequent updates.I want to see the file spacing on the right of this image, not the left:...
  6. Snap dragging doesn't work any more

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap dragging doesn't work any more: Hi folks. I can winkey-left, choose window to show on the right and get a perfect split screen. Now, I used to be able to drag in the center get a thicker dragbar in the middle and auto-resize both windows simultaneously. Now, though, it just resizes one of the windows and...
  7. PC Pin doesn't work any more

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC Pin doesn't work any more: Just turned my PC on and it didn't recognise the PIN I've used for years. Can't reset it. Can't access anything. Tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-pin-doesnt-work-any-more/6f071645-97fb-4076-b461-65e5164db8d5
  8. Task manager crash on more detail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager crash on more detail: Hello, today I opened the Task Manager and going on more details the app crash, is the only app doing that, I tried more times and restarted but nothing, can you help me solve that? I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 Needs other details? Thank you....
  9. Device Backups doesn't work any more

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Backups doesn't work any more: Hello! I noticed that the option of 'Backed up device settings' doesn't work anymore, since I had windows 8.1. and even after upgrading to Windows 10, it's all the same. any help would be appreciated 67207
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119