Windows 10: More Groups on Start Menu

Discus and support More Groups on Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know how to add and remove things from the Start menu but is it possible to add more Groups? I can only see 4, which can be renamed, but I'd like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by janey6, Sep 22, 2015.

1. janey6 Win User

More Groups on Start Menu

I know how to add and remove things from the Start menu but is it possible to add more Groups? I can only see 4, which can be renamed, but I'd like a few more in order to organise my icons.

:)

janey6, Sep 22, 2015

2. Can I create a live tile for a website in the Windows 10 Start Screen?

Found it!

How to Create Live Tile Groups in Windows 10 Start Menu

More Groups on Start Menu [​IMG]

How to Create Live Tile Groups in Windows 10 Start Menu
    Windows 10s Start menu contains live tiles which is new to Windows 7 users. To help you with managing them, here's a look at arranging tiles into groups.

View on
    www.groovypost.com

Preview by Yahoo

Windows 10 Tip: Pin Websites from Edge Browser to Start Menu

More Groups on Start Menu [​IMG]

Windows 10 Tip: Pin Websites from Edge Browser to Start ...
    Windows 10 has a new browser called Microsoft Edge. It's light, clean and much faster than Internet Explorer, and allows you to pin sites to the Start menu.

View on
    www.groovypost.com

Preview by Yahoo

I didn't have any feelings about the tiles one way or another, but I'm liking them more with this feature.

firstcoyote, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Start menu tile groups -- On one pc only first two groups show up

Hi Killy,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

As you are facing issue with Windows app in your third Computer, I
    suggest you to run Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

The issue you are facing with Office 2007, I suggest you to post your query in the link below where the Office team will assist you better on this.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Not sure I quite get what you mean, but if you place a new entry in the menu area and not connect it to an existing group, you should be able to apply a name to the new group.

Kanata, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

1. More Groups on Start Menu - Similar Threads - More Groups Start

2. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  3. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  4. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  5. More Start Menu Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Start Menu Features: Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as visually navigating, the UI experience is very lacking. Half of the real estate is taken up by recommended apps leaving precious...
  6. More Start Menu Features

More Start Menu Features: Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as visually navigating, the UI experience is very lacking. Half of the real estate is taken up by recommended apps leaving precious...
  7. Start Menu Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  8. How do I add more groups to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add more groups to the start menu?: So far I have a Productivity category and one that was unnamed. In case you don't know what I'm referring to it's the category lines in the 'squares' part of the Start Menu....
  9. Defining groups in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Defining groups in the Start menu: In W8.1 it was possible to define groups of tiles with titles for each group on the start screen. Has anybody figured ot how to do that in the W10 start menu. 5276
  10. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954