Windows 10: More Homegroup Problems

Discus and support More Homegroup Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi... I created a home group on my desktop while I had windows 7 installed... (I can not remember the password) Now after Upgrading to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zjak, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Zjak Win User

More Homegroup Problems

Hi...

I created a home group on my desktop while I had windows 7 installed... (I can not remember the password)

Now after Upgrading to Windows 10 I can't access it... not from 1 of the PC's that were on this homegoup... none of us are on the homegroup, thus this Homegroup should have "Deleted" it self, but it did not. I can't find anyware where I can create a new home group ether.

I want to setup the printer sharing and printing over the network again, but can't because I am not part of this homegroup any more...

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

:)

2. Home Groups with Windows 10

I have run both the suggested troubleshooters, more than once.

After I enter the password on my laptop it throws this:

HomeGroup encountered an error. Windows can't set up a homegroup on this computer.

I shows there is a homegroup available to join.

The troubleshooter for homegroups cannot find a problem and suggests to troubleshoot network.

That does not find an error either.

Any other ideas?

AnthonyYuro II, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Vitvus Win User
    Homegroup not working Windows 10

It's not Windows 10. It's your router. I had homegroup problem since I got Windows 10. For some reason I decided to change my Belkin router for Netgear router and since then I have no problem with homegroup any more

Vitvus, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Zjak Win User

More Homegroup Problems

Found a solution to my problem

I had to link my Microsoft account with my administrator account. now I can access it all and it seems like the problem is fixed now

Zjak, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

More Homegroup Problems

1. More Homegroup Problems - Similar Threads - More Homegroup Problems

2. Homegroup problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Homegroup problems: Respected, I have some issues with the homegroup. My computer is the main one and i created the homegroup. I have bought a new computer and when i wanted to connect with my homegroup, it is written that windows online troubleshooting service is disabled. So i cannot add...
  3. HomeGroup problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HomeGroup problem: hi all. this is my first post so be gentle please....*Smile My Problem:- When I turn on my pc the first screen that shows up is the stock windows 10 screen....... however, there is a box with 'HomeUserGroup$' and a request for a password (This is to get to my personal...
  4. Homegroup displays more machines than now exist

Homegroup displays more machines than now exist: I have a small network of computers and Homegroup is working a little to well. The network has had to have some changes, machines converting to W10 and changing names. The problem is there does not seem to be a way to refresh the Homegroup list of machines that have joined...
  5. Homegroup Problems - Again!!

Homegroup Problems - Again!!: My frustrations with Windows 10 homegroup issues are haunting me once again. After the latest (#1511) update, my 4-PC homegroup is once again not working. First, one of the PCs could not access the others. My next steps were as follows: 1, One by one, each PC left the...
  6. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...
  7. Several problem with homegroup

Several problem with homegroup: Hi, I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 (Computer A and Computer B). They are fully updates. Both computers are join to the same homegroup. I just create the homegroup. 1. What was Strange: If I was creating the homegroup on Computer B then Computer A was seeing the offer...
  8. Windows 10 homegroup password problem

Windows 10 homegroup password problem: I have a windows 10 PC and a Windows 10 Laptop that I want to network in a homegroup. I setup the homegroup on the PC and that process generated a password. The PC is shown as being a member of the homegroup. When I attempt to connect the laptop all goes well until I get to...
  9. Homegroup Problems - Help

Homegroup Problems - Help: I've updated two of four PCs from Win 7 home premium to Win 10. The Win 10 PCs can see each other on the network, are not able to access each other. Attempts to access results in an error message that reads to recheck the name of the device or check with the network...
  10. Problem with homegroup

Problem with homegroup: I recently installed win 10 on all our home computers 2 laptops and 4 desktops. before win 10 we had a homegroup and were sharing printers etc now the homegroups seem to have gotten totally messed up with the install of win 10. Three of our computers are win 10 home and 3 are...