Windows 10: More Issues than TIME Magazine

Discus and support More Issues than TIME Magazine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Firstly, after having used Windows since Win 95, NEVER have I had such issues with one OS. Honestly, at this point I will pay money to go back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A_Rebel76, Jul 24, 2018.

1. A_Rebel76 Win User

More Issues than TIME Magazine

Firstly, after having used Windows since Win 95, NEVER have I had such issues with one OS. Honestly, at this point I will pay money to go back to Windows 7, despite no support for it, you generally don't need support for something that isn't broken.

so Windows 10 free upgrade from Win 7. Desktop. I would provide specs, but as you'll read this isn't physically possible at this point. From memory, Asus mobo, GeForce 1050ti GPU, quad core i7000's. SATA HD - 500gb, 16 gb RAM. It was built in originally in 2012 with Win 7 Professional. I have upgraded parts since.

Haven't used my PC in about 4 months, moved houses and didn't have the room until recently. Boot my desktop for the first time in a while, surprise! Windows 10 has a boot issue (for the 6th or 7th time since 'upgrading') Nothing unusual, my standard experience for Win 10 so far. It would boot until the blue Windows logo and black screen with spinning wheel, the monitor would flash off once then back to blue windows logo with spinning wheel and go to a blank black screen with no further progression. Google a couple of solutions, and here we are 3 days later and the issues have progressed further not gotten better.

After multiple searches, of various search terms, across multiple devices and browsers, I've tried basically all of these options and ones that are not mentioned in this article. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-wont-boot/. I boot every time with no USB drives in, excluding keyboard and mouse and two vacant USB hubs.

All Win 10 Self-repair attempts through recovery mode haven't worked:-

System Restore - didn't solve anything
    Start up repair - didn't solve anything
    Reset this PC - error failed
    System image - recovery non-existent image/not possible
    UEFI Firmware settings - not an option

Start Up Settings - two options work Safe mode with and without networking

Safe mode with Networking was the only way to partially run my PC, and it no longer recognized the WiFi card I have Installed AND that appears in the hardware list in Device Management - Windows confirms the driver is up-to-date (but also doesn't exist)

In Safe mode - Have updated every single driver possible - windows says they're all up to date
    - Have uninstalled GPU driver - hasn't changed anything GPU still appears in hardware list

Now since this, my computer now boots, but makes me go into the BIOS settings EVERY boot, progresses no further without having to Press F1 to enter set up. Have to exit out of bios to get to anything remotely Windows 10.

Can successfully boot with command prompt.

From this I have tried Method 2 as per this article
    http://forums.techdiscussion.in/showthread.php/4421-How-to-fix-MBR-issues-on-Windows-10-Technical-Preview-Installation-Solved
    and changed the letters of my drives around D for DVD drv and C for the main SATA HD etc.

To no avail. Now when after i exit out of my BIOS simply i receive "bootmgr missing please press crtl+alt+del"

Currently am trying to get a clean install iso file from Windows Media Creation tool and preform a clean install. This is the only option I can see going forward.

But my question is, how did it get here? Based on everything I've done have I done something wrong? Is there anywhere I can go from here WITHOUT doing a clean install from a USB? Why am I experiencing SO many boot issues with Windows 10, I know sometimes it's not the OS' fault, but this is consistent with Windows 10 as compared to previous Windows where I had almost no boot issues.

:)

A_Rebel76, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

MSDN Magazine: Special Windows 10 Issue

Source: MSDN Magazine: Special Windows 10 Issue | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 24, 2018
  4. lacrumb Win User

Kindle magazines issue

I just downloaded Kindle for PC to my laptop and went looking for the magazine stuff.

After wandering around on the site I was able to enter the magazine I have and Amazon sells it and there was another entry showing the magazine for Kindle at $2.40 per month. I have a subscription to the magazine that expires OCT2018.

I have emailed Amazon about free reading on the Kindle app.

Reply to me so I can file this thread on my other computer where I get my emails.

lacrumb, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. More Issues than TIME Magazine - Similar Threads - More Issues Magazine

2. Deleting more than 3 files at a time

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting more than 3 files at a time: All releases of Windows have always allowed one to delete all the files you want to delete by selecting the files with the SHIFT Key and deleting them. But recently it is restricting me to deleting more than 3 files at a time. 1. Why is this? Was there a change? 2. How can we...
  3. WINDOWS UPDATES CREATE MORE ISSUES THAN THEY FIX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS UPDATES CREATE MORE ISSUES THAN THEY FIX: MAY 20, 2020 MS WINDOWS 10 UPDATE. More bugs/issues than fixes, ad nauseum!!!! MS should be re- branded as MORE SCREW UPS!!! DOES MICROSOFT REALLY GIVE A DAMN ABOUT US, THEIR CUSTOMERS??????????????????????? MICROSOFT, OBVIOUSLY NEEDS TO FIRE THOSE AT THE TOP WHO ALLOW...
  4. Magazin Microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Magazin Microsoft: Buna ziua , Am avut descarcaturi de la Microsoft Solitaire Colection . Am șters-o din greseală , și acum cand vreau sa o obtin din nou , mă trimite la a deschide Microsoft Store , unde se cauta am așteptat și o ora și nu se deschide . Ce trebuie să fac să pot obține...
  5. Microsoft magazin

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft magazin: Buna ziua , Am avut descarcată aplicația Microsoft Solitaire Colection . Am șters-o din greseală , și acum cand vreau sa o obtin din nou , mă trimite la a deschide Microsoft Store , unde se caută am așteptat și o ora și nu se deschide . Ce trebuie să fac să pot obține...
  6. Please help! Same issue more than year!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help! Same issue more than year!: The same issue is more than a year! I can't find the resolution online. The funniest, I still can change my password when I click "Forgot password" but when trying to login it doesn't work[IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  7. Redmond Magazine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Redmond Magazine: Just discovered REDMOND MAGAZINE, its a must for all Windows people some great articles fascinating and educational https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/redmond-magazine/5fcd6af4-f23d-49e6-82ea-3f91e3d70789"
  8. Updates showing as installed more than one time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates showing as installed more than one time: This is probably nothing but have had problems with updates in the past and am more aware when something seems odd. When checking latest installed updates, I see KB4483234 being installed successfully two times on 21 December. Is that just a glitch in the reporting or...
  9. MSDN Magazine: Special Windows 10 Issue

in Windows 10 News
    MSDN Magazine: Special Windows 10 Issue: MSDN magazine has released a special Windows 10 issue. The issue spans a large number of topics from Visual Studio tooling to game development to user experience to notifications. If you don’t get the print magazine, don’t worry, all the articles are online for free....
  10. Why no books or magazines?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why no books or magazines?: Would have thought there would be a slew of new books and magazines in stores by now. Have only seen one book, "Windows 10 for Dummies". Haven't seen Win 10 on the cover of any magazines. I know it has only been a month, but usually there are a lot of stuff out by now. I know...