Windows 10: More Memory mean faster Gaming?

Discus and support More Memory mean faster Gaming? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was wondering if an upgrade from 8gigs of memory to 16gigs of memory would effect my FPS in gaming? This is the memory in thinking about buying:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by seek, Nov 26, 2015.

1. seek Win User

More Memory mean faster Gaming?

2. timkamat Win User

where is the Belle update for C6-01

I dont understand what do you mean by your phone turning slow after belle. In fact belle has turned by C6-01 faster than it was. I am using a 8GB memory card as well of which more than 3MB has already been used. Of the total 340MB phone memory I am left
    with 217MB. Even then my phone is faster. Maybe you have stuffed too much data in your phone memory. Install only those apps in phone memory that are absolutely needed to be installed there. Load all other files in memory card.

timkamat, Nov 26, 2015
  3. kevander Win User
    More revolution

I hope that Nokia is making a future phone.

I mean features like this:

- Touchscreen (widescreen);

- Build-in camera in front (after touchscreen) and on the backside a very good quality photo-movie cam. (More than 3 Megapixel)(Samsung will have 8,1 megapixel camera);

- LTE (faster dan HSDPA);

- Integraded memory of min. 8GB;

- More standard languages;

- USB.

kevander, Nov 26, 2015
  4. More Memory mean faster Gaming?

Nope will have no affect, unless you are hitting a memory wall. But I doubt tge memory you have now is your bottleneck.

logicearth, Nov 26, 2015
  5. MrNeeds Win User
    Your graphics card is the bottleneck, and the situation is made much worse with the fact that it's a laptop, looks like you'll have to bite the bullet and get a gaming PC if you want higher FPS in games.

MrNeeds, Nov 26, 2015
  6. seek Win User
    You guys are great help.. Guess I wont waste my money then. Thanks!

7. Dean73 Win User
    The GPU is the backbone of your PC. Older GPU's will have trouble playing newer games. I think 8GB's of RAM is plenty unless if you're a heavy gamer, but for now that should be enough RAM.

Dean73, Nov 28, 2015
  8. LMiller7 Win User

Withon reasonable limits adding more memory will improve performance. But there will always be a point of diminishing returns beyond which adding more will do little for performance. Except for very demanding applications more than 8 GB RAM would be beyond that limit. Game FPS is determined primarily by the GPU.

LMiller7, Nov 28, 2015
  9. Windows 9 Win User
    This depends on the game too. Some games are more CPU intensive. Also, I've noticed some video cards have RAM requirements listed. The video card I am upgrading to lists 8 GB of RAM as minimum.

Windows 9, Nov 29, 2015
  10. essenbe Win User
    There is a difference in System ram and Vram (video card's ram), if I understood your statement correctly.

Also, ram that is not used will not improve anything. If your game will not use the ram, there's no benefit to adding it.

essenbe, Nov 29, 2015
  11. batlhilz Win User
    slight OT, im having memory issues (crashes) in Fallout4 and COD: AW - both crashing / lagging / pagefiling like maniacs after a few hours of gaming

im running with 8Gb and newest insider build - im thinking of 8-> 16gb upgrade with 950gtx as my GPU

batlhilz, Dec 1, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    The video card may help your gaming a lot, but 8 GB of memory is more than enough for any game, especially the ones you mentioned.

essenbe, Dec 1, 2015
  13. Dean73 Win User

Like the vram that says a 4gb or 8gb video card?

Dean73, Dec 2, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    I was actually talking about System Ram. But, depending on how you game, the Vram can make a difference. But, I have a 4 GB video card and have never run out of Vram. I would imagine if you game on 3 monitors or 3 monitors at a very high resolution, the increased amount of Vram could make a difference. There may be 1 or 2 exceptions, but for gaming on a single monitor at 1080P, 4 GB is plenty.

essenbe, Dec 2, 2015
  15. swarfega Win User
    I have 16gb of memory and usage rarely goes above 6gb.

What helps is more video memory or ssds.

swarfega, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

1. More Memory mean faster Gaming? - Similar Threads - More Memory mean

2. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  3. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  4. Building a faster, leaner, and more efficient Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Building a faster, leaner, and more efficient Microsoft Edge: Performance is essential to your success, which makes it core to ours. To help ensure the browser doesn’t slow you down, we always keep performance in mind as we continue to improve Microsoft Edge. We’re always working to make Microsoft Edge faster and...
  5. Using more cores faster?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using more cores faster?: I hate to bug the staff team, but if i change the ammount of processors from 1 to 4 will it speed up my computer, or will it put it in a boot loop, because i heard some people say it put it in a boot loop. :/...
  6. Looking for more memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for more memory: I want to buy & install more RAM in my PC. I currently have 16 gigs (8x2) and want to maximize it to 64 gigs. I guess that means I gotta get four 16gig sticks. I looked at Newegg and found these Crucials for around $500. Crucial 64GB CT4K16G4DFD8266 - Newegg.com Tomorrow is...
  7. More Memory Required

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    More Memory Required: Can I use a Seagate external device to sort out the problem of messages saying I need more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-memory-required/97e56495-ccff-4290-8a3b-a5cf54ae5e37
  8. More memory issues...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    More memory issues...: Looks like it wasn't fixed. After a few days of replacing the ram with a sixteen gig model, I was using 91 percent of it, idle. Here's my old post for some info: mesage on windows Solved - Windows 10 Forums I seriously don't understand why my computer is taking 16 gb of...
  9. Delivering a faster and more responsive Outlook.com

in Windows 10 News
    Delivering a faster and more responsive Outlook.com: Making your email experience as fast as possible is a goal shared across the Outlook.com team—from product designers to storage architects. Some of that work happens in the UI—an example of this is the significantly speedier web experience we introduced in the new Outlook.com...
  10. Upgrading to a Faster, More Secure Browsing Experience

in Windows 10 News
    Upgrading to a Faster, More Secure Browsing Experience: As we shared last year, only the most recent version of Internet Explorer available for current operating systems will be supported starting January 12, 2016. The vast majority of consumer devices have updated automatically, but some commercial customers still have...