Windows 10: Mornings, I can't get it up. I have No Internet Access

Discus and support Mornings, I can't get it up. I have No Internet Access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop, dual booting Win10 / Ubuntu 16 I'm an American in the Philippines, just changed IP's. I had no problem with booting from previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TcomDog, Aug 12, 2017.

1. TcomDog Win User

Mornings, I can't get it up. I have No Internet Access

I have a desktop, dual booting Win10 / Ubuntu 16

I'm an American in the Philippines, just changed IP's. I had no problem with booting from previous IP,, only slow as heck and limited bandwidth

NOW, every morning when I turn on computer my Desktop (wired connection) the internet doesn't work. The WiFi on other devices does work.I reset router and do all kinds of things and usually in about 30 mins. to 1 hour I get access. On the Ubuntu side there is no problem, it always has access immediately.This is my 1st. Win 10 machine,

My Windows 10 journey, I came kicking and screaming all the way, when my previous rig broke I had no choice but to convert, so although I feel competent in Windows in General, I have doubts about my Win 10 skills

PING TEST
    Ping Loop Back1 ms - TTL=64 is normal127.0.0.1Ping to
    DEFAULT GATEWAY
    Times out

Any Suggestions?

:)

TcomDog, Aug 12, 2017

2. no internet access ,though i have internet wifi connection

I could access internet at first, but the next day though my wifi modem is working properly my microsoft lumia640 (win 10) shows no internet access .I tried to soft reset my phone still i have the same problem. Please help me how to get rid of this "
    no internet" problem.

udayakirank, Aug 12, 2017
  3. no internet access ,though i have internet wifi connection

Hello,

Let's isolate the issue by providing us the information below:

• What is the OS build currently installed on your phone? To check, go to
      Settings
      > System > About > More
      info.
    • Does restarting your router make any difference?
    • Have you tried using a different device to connect on the same WiFi? If yes, do you get the same results?

You can perform the steps given on Lumia troubleshooting and repair page. Select
    Connectivity, then My phone has problems connecting to WiFi networks
    option.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Aug 12, 2017
  4. simpk5 Win User

Check your wifi/ethernet ip addresses. What IP address do you get on WIFI and wired connections when you have this issue? Are they on the same subnet? Same gateway?

simpk5, Aug 12, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

First I would like to say that the first line in the Subject of this post is just ... something else =)

And second, this is what I would try. Go to your Windows Settings. Search for "Troubleshoot" and open that. Then refer to the pictures I posted. Try doing both of these, restart the computer and see if the internet works.

Mornings, I can't get it up. I have No Internet Access [​IMG]

Mornings, I can't get it up. I have No Internet Access [​IMG]

pepanee, Aug 12, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

@TcomDog

I assume that your ISP and router is still using IPV4 addressing although increasingly a load are going over to IPV6.

Start with the wired connection -- first if you are using DHCP turn it off for the wired connection and give it a fixed IP address. You can leave DHCP for the wifi deveices --you can get DHCP to assign addresses starting from 192.168.1.xx or 192,168.0.xx or whatever addresses your LAN is on.

On the WIRED connection you'll need the gateway address of your ISP and I'd use GOOGLE's DNS for lookup as it's usually faster than typical ISP ones. The Google DNS's are at :

Service. Google Public DNS operates recursive name servers for public use at the two following IP addresses: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for IPv4 service, as well as 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844, for IPv6 access. The addresses are mapped to the nearest operational server by anycast routing. ------------------

To get started read the following link :

https://developers.google.com/speed/...dns/docs/using

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 12, 2017
  7. TcomDog Win User
    Thanks guys, you have shoved me in the right direction. I was able to resolve issue quicker. I will do some reading on the subject and study the actual workings. There seems to be one or two things that I don't understand but they are within my grasp now.

TcomDog, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mornings, I can't get it up. I have No Internet Access - Similar Threads - Mornings can't Internet

2. I can't access my internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my internet: I can't access my internet even if I'm connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-internet/4c7e8f49-fb35-4942-9cf7-ecdd6890b65f
  3. I can't access my internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my internet: I can't access my internet even if I'm connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-internet/4c7e8f49-fb35-4942-9cf7-ecdd6890b65f
  4. I get no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I get no internet access: Whenever i connect to a network it says no acess https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-internet-access/7d1bb199-260d-430f-92ce-722f4875dd47
  5. I get no access to the internet

I get no access to the internet: So i fixed my orginal problem being that all the networks were gone but i ran back into the problem that caused it. Whenever i go and connect to a network i get no internet acess...
  6. Windows says "No Internet Access" but I have Internet Access

Windows says "No Internet Access" but I have Internet Access: For around 2 days I have been having this issue where apparently I do not have internet access, but I do have internet access. [ATTACH] It is usually stuck like this for 20 minutes then figures out that it can connect to the internet.Running the troubleshooter just provides...
  7. "No Internet, Secured" but I have access to the web/internet.

"No Internet, Secured" but I have access to the web/internet.: So I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and now Windows doesn't think I have internet. It wont link with my Microsoft account... MS Word, Edge and One Notes have difficulty connecting to my account as well. But if I go on Edge, I am able to connect to the internet, my email and...
  8. I can't get internet access.

I can't get internet access.: I can't get internet access. My WiFi adapter is no longer recognized. In fact, the software for the adapter will not complete setup. It worked a month ago, but now doesn't. What can I do? Please keep in mind, I don't have internet access on that PC....
  9. Can get on internet and access it but PC doesn't think i have internet?

Can get on internet and access it but PC doesn't think i have internet?: i have tried literally everything i have found on google. I am accessing this website as i talk on my pc that doesnt think i have internet access. Its hindering my ability to play games i need xbox live for. I have tried network resets, driver uninstalls and updates, every...
  10. I don’t have access to the internet

I don’t have access to the internet: I know that all my home PCs are connected to the wifi router. But all my devices cannot connect to the internet. I think that the DNS is a culprit because it changes from "Obtain DNS server address automatically" to the specific DNS server. What is the fix? Thank you...