Windows 10: Most but not all photo programs show images all screwed up.

Discus and support Most but not all photo programs show images all screwed up. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having problems with my photo programs. They've been loading slowly and crashing, and lately most of them show screwed up versions of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Newmaven, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Newmaven Win User

Most but not all photo programs show images all screwed up.

I've been having problems with my photo programs. They've been loading slowly and crashing, and lately most of them show screwed up versions of my images. In the attached screenshots, the IrfanView thumbnails are accurate, but the Aftershot Pro 3 and Photoshop Elements 13 images show the problem. I note that each of the latter two seem to alter the images the same way.

Most but not all photo programs show images all screwed up. [​IMG]

Any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it?

:)

Newmaven, Aug 15, 2016

2. Image thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

After cleaning up the icon cache in Disk Cleanup the images still did not show but

Choosing an image and,

right click

properties

and change the program that should open the file.

OK

In this case it was trying to open in "Photos"

I switched it to "Windows Photo Viewer"

all the image thumbnails popped up.

IainBrown2, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Ryan_591 Win User
    All programs do not show up in control panel Windows 10

Hello and Thanks for the reply.

1- There are more than 10 programmes, including, Acrobat DC, Adobe Photoshop CC, Skype, Foxit, Endnote, iTunes, ....

2- I have access to them, and they work properly, except Skype which when I reboot the laptop, sometimes shows a message that needs to installed again.

3-Yes, I can see all apps in start menu.

the solution you mentioned, didn't solve the problem.

Ryan

Ryan_591, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Newmaven Win User

I suspect some of the slow loading and crashing is due to a system resource problem. I'm running Win 10 Pro 64X, with 16 GB of RAM (my machine's max). Attached screenshots show which programs are using most of my memory and which are using most of my CPU cycles. I note that a lot of that is security software, and wonder if I should drop some of that and, if so, which. CPU use isn't bad at the moment I took the screenshot, but it often spikes well above 20% and occasionally goes over 50%.

Newmaven, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Most but not all photo programs show images all screwed up. - Similar Threads - photo programs show

2. Not all updates showing in systeminfo.exe, am I screwed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not all updates showing in systeminfo.exe, am I screwed?: I have frequently updated my laptop in the past few months and am surprised to see only 7 appear. Is there something I am not understanding here? Are preview/windows defender updates counted in here or not? just culminative/security?I will admit I randomly got a feature...
  3. Not all updates showing in systeminfo.exe, am I screwed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all updates showing in systeminfo.exe, am I screwed?: I have frequently updated my laptop in the past few months and am surprised to see only 7 appear. Is there something I am not understanding here? Are preview/windows defender updates counted in here or not? just culminative/security?I will admit I randomly got a feature...
  4. Not all updates showing in systeminfo.exe, am I screwed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I'm sick of Windows screw ups!!! Why are all my png photos suddenly showing blue mountains?

I'm sick of Windows screw ups!!! Why are all my png photos suddenly showing blue mountains?: I'm am sick of once a week or more windows screwing up something!!! Why are my photos showing blue mountains? It's only the png photos all the others show the actual photo. None of these are in One Drive they are all in my downloads folders. Here's another great windows...
  6. Windows Default Programs all screwed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Default Programs all screwed up: So, because of certain programs I use (and general laziness) I continue to use both Windows 7 and Windows 10. After a bit on 7, I booted back to Windows 10, ran some updates, started doing some stuff. I then just went to open calculator, and what popped up in the start menus...
  7. Windows Activation All Screwed Up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation All Screwed Up: I am using my Acer Aspire R7 Laptop that I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 Home many moons ago during the early adopter free upgrade program. I recently replaced the HD and after reinstalling Windows 10 Home I needed to upgrade to Pro so I can test some Docker stuff. I purchased...
  8. windows 10 Photo App - "People" function all screwed up

windows 10 Photo App - "People" function all screwed up: Ever since the most recent update (10-16-18), I am noticing that the Photo App, particularly the "People" function is all screwed up. I do NOT see images anymore above the names of each person. Plus, some of the people who I had previously Named are now showing up as "Add...
  9. Windows 'Show All Programs' ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 'Show All Programs' ?: Why are we being alerted to old posts dating back to 2015 concerning 'Show All Programs' ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-show-all-programs/18cd3797-b28f-427c-9f4a-a24a0d2f2178
  10. Not all photo thumbnails showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.: Hi there chaps. I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails" [img] But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails. [img] I have tried to delete...