Windows 10: Most of My Apps Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Most of My Apps Not Working After Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I updated to Windows 10 last night, and now no apps/programs seem to work for me. All of my installed programs before the update like Skype, Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Charlynn, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Charlynn Win User

Most of My Apps Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Hi. I updated to Windows 10 last night, and now no apps/programs seem to work for me. All of my installed programs before the update like Skype, Google Chrome, Spotify, downloaded games, etc doesn't seem to be gaining internet access eventhough my computer is connected to high speed WiFi. I can only access the internet by the new Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome and Firefox is not working (no internet connection detected). I tried to reinstall Skype, but even the Skype Installer is failing to access the Download Server. Please help! *cry

:)

Charlynn, Aug 5, 2015
  2. ianavance Win User

Most of my apps are not working with W10

I just discovered lately that my camera, calculator, mail and some of the apps like weather in W10 is not working. The prompt is telling me that the app is not working when all of these has been working fine with the previous version. I purchased my Lenovo
    Y50 a few months ago with W8.1, but it seems like when I upgraded to W10, there's just so much trouble.

ianavance, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Most of my apps are not working with W10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

The common two causes of this issue can be:

1) Microsoft Account has not been verified yet on your computer.

2) Date and time on your computer is set incorrectly.

The store app uses https instead of http which is used by other apps, so in order for the SSL handshake to proceed, the clock on the client and server needs to be correct.

Follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Follow the steps below to check if the date and time are set correctly.

1) Open the Start screen, type Date and Time” in the search bar and click on date and time settings.

2) Check if the Date and time is set correctly.

If the issue still persists, follow the below method

Method 2:

Check if proxy connection is enabled. If yes, then disable the proxy connection and check the status.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

1) Open Internet Explorer.

2) Click Tools and then click Internet Options.

3) Click on the Connections tab.

4) Click on the LAN Settings button.

5) Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.

6) Click Apply.

If the issue still persists, then Microsoft has come up with a little tool. You can download the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Do you maybe have some proxy settings set up, which are broken now? Or something like a VPN tunnel, which is no longer working correctly? Just guessing...

Joergi, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Most of My Apps Not Working After Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Apps Working Update

2. Most Microsoft apps Crash after Windows 10 update and search does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most Microsoft apps Crash after Windows 10 update and search does not work: After the last MS update, I realized there was a problem when my search bar would not work in the start menu nor in file explorer. Then problems progressed: nearly all apps that come with Windows 10 crash. Microsoft tried resetting problem apps, and finally recommended...
  3. Most Microsoft apps Crash after Windows 10 update and search does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most Microsoft apps Crash after Windows 10 update and search does not work: After the last MS update, I realized there was a problem when my search bar would not work in the start menu nor in file explorer. Then problems progressed: nearly all apps that come with Windows 10 crash. Microsoft tried resetting problem apps, and finally recommended...
  4. Most Microsoft apps Crash after Windows 10 update and search does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Most of my apps arent working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most of my apps arent working: Recently I updated my Laptop, and most of the Microsoft official apps aren't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-apps-arent-working/0e0ca194-0400-4990-82d9-14008fb9db30
  6. Most of my apps arent working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most of my apps arent working: Recently I updated my Laptop, and most of the Microsoft official apps aren't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-apps-arent-working/0e0ca194-0400-4990-82d9-14008fb9db30
  7. Most of my apps arent working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. After recent update in November 2020 most of the app not working

After recent update in November 2020 most of the app not working: [ATTACH]Hi, After last update, 3 days before I shutdown my system with update download and today morning on 17 November 2020 I started my window so updates done, but when my system opens after few second I blue screen, " Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"....
  9. Windows 10 Update Deletes Most Apps

Windows 10 Update Deletes Most Apps: Around a day ago, my laptop's system said that the Windows 10 was no longer supported, and that I should update it as soon as possible to "keep all data". I did what the system told me to do, let it update, and the next time I opened the computer, all my files and 90% of my...
  10. Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update

Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update: Hi I was already having Windows 10 on my PC which is a ASUS machine just two years old. Recently Microsoft prompted me to update my OS saying that the version that I was having will not be supported beyond November 2019. The Update was successfully installed on 07th August...