Windows 10: Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

Discus and support Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all. I am running Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I downloaded the free update many weeks ago and it's been running very smoothly until recently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wallcrawler16, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

Hello all. I am running Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I downloaded the free update many weeks ago and it's been running very smoothly until recently. Yesterday, Windows 10 downloaded and installed a new update, after which my PC began running much slower on start-up, and my speakers no longer worked. I went into the device manager and updated all the drivers, and did the troubleshooting techniques that pretty much every page on the 'net recommends for Windows 10 sound problems, but nothing fixed the problem. I'm not super tech savvy so I don't really know what to do at this point, and I really don't want to have to spend my whole weekend trying to fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. *Smile

:)

Wallcrawler16, Sep 9, 2015

2. Most recent Windows 10 update killed my computer.

Please answer-by-number, preferably without quoting my post:

1. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

2. Did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled, did you do a clean install of Win10, or did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [<=PICK ONE!] to Win10?

3. Who manufactured the computer (e.g., Dell; HP; Acer; Lenovo; ASUS)?

4. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

5. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool, the Norton Remove and Reinstall
    tool, and/or the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?

6. What Version & OS Build of Windows 10 is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
      key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

7. Is it the same computer - not necessarily the same problem - as in one or both of these previous threads of yours?...

Windows 10 unresponsive on desktop and taskbar and Ctrl Alt Del screen cant be pulled up
    (06 Sept-16)

Windows 10 unresponsive on desktop and taskbar and Ctrl Alt Del screen cant be pulled up
    (04 Sept-16)

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Most recent Windows 10 update killed my computer.

On Tuesday night before I went to bed I ordered my computer to Update and shut down. When I turned my computer on Wednesday night, I got a black screen with a blue Windows logo on it with a loading icon. The screen would stay there for over half an hour
    before I turned it off. After rebooting the system it went to the same screen again, and after rebooting it again it said "Preparing Automatic Repair," after which it would proceed to a dark screen and stay there until I turned it off again, over 30 minutes
    later.

I tried rebooting several more times, and after that didn't pan out I turned to a recovery drive. However, upon setting the bios to boot from the drive it failed to load showing a blue screen with a QR code and text saying "UNBOOTABLE BOOT DRIVE." After
    this the PC restarted itself and ended up on the same screen, before resetting a second time and entering automatic repair, where it proceeds to assume a black screen and stay there.

How do I fix this?

Thank you for any assistance,

Keegan

kmcelligott, Sep 9, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

What kind of speakers do you use and meaning it killed your speakers ? Maybe speaker connection is an issue, but most likely something with sound device settings or drivers. What exact steps have you tried. Anyone of filling in system specs here or listing them as it helps us more to help you.

jds63, Sep 9, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    Uninstall the update?

You'll probably get it back quickly, but you could verify that it is connected with the problem.

bobkn, Sep 9, 2015
  6. Go to installed updates and see if Windows installed a new audio driver.
    If so then download the latest from the manufacture such as Realtek then uninstall the one that was installed without your consent then install the one from the manufacture.
    This is why I disabled auto update because Microsoft in it's wisdom installs crap when what might works for someone else might not for you which is a pain the ass if you ask me.
    There is a way to hide that update so they can't do it again just search the forums.

Richard Shank, Sep 9, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Check if a new driver actually was installed. Go to
    Control Panel, Device Manager, Sound, Video.... , Double click on your particular sound card, Events tab.
    You should see a list of what happened when in terms of driver installation.
    If you see a new one has been installed, you could try going to the Driver tab, and Roll back driver.
    (If Roll back driver is greyed out, your PC presumably has only had one driver installed).

dalchina, Sep 9, 2015
  8. Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

Thank you all for your suggestions. I tried them all over the course of the last week or so to no avail...and then today I turned my computer on and my sound mysteriously returned. The issue seems to have resolved itself. I don't know what was wrong, or what happened to fix it, but I'm glad I don't have to mess around with it anymore!

I sincerely appreciate everyone who took the time to try to help! Thank you! *Smile

Wallcrawler16, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

1. Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound - Similar Threads - Recent Update Killed

2. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  3. Most Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most Recent Windows 10 Update: I got that big update in the last 10 days. On its way to the desktop, it showed some new things. I was in a hurry and skipped past it. Is there a way to get back to that OR is there a list of new features available? One thing that I keep running into and don't know how I am...
  4. The most recent Windows update is not completing.

The most recent Windows update is not completing.: The most recent windows update is hanging after the restart and before you get to the log in screen. The message shows that updates are 100% complete, but it never gets past that point. All you see is a black screen with the message at the bottom that says Updates 100%...
  5. Most Recent Update Issue

Most Recent Update Issue: Earlier today I had no problem accessing Microsoft products but after an update I cannot. The message received reads as follows: "WINWORD.EXE - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly0xc0000142. Click OK to close application." Please advise how I...
  6. Downloaded the most recent update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloaded the most recent update...: And it did removed my profile picture, changed the color of my task bar... why would an update do this? It's not letting me change the color back either. submitted by /u/windyhollow102 [link] [comments]...
  7. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  8. Updated to the most recent windows update

Updated to the most recent windows update: I updated to the most recent windows update and I keep on getting the bsod for random reasons each time. I've ran the scannow and verify to make sure there are no bad drivers. I've reinstalled my amd drivers. Nothing is overclocked either. It's exactly the same way it was...
  9. Sound broke after most recent update

Sound broke after most recent update: I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted or on. Clicking it opened the troubleshooter, which was worthless. I tried updating my drivers, it says they are up to date....
  10. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update killed sound

2. latest windows 10 update killed sound