"Most Used" function only shows Apps, not Programs

Discus and support "Most Used" function only shows Apps, not Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way I can put my most used programs on the left side of the start menu? I tried doing it using the Most Used function; and then simply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Jaxel Win User

Is there a way I can put my most used programs on the left side of the start menu?

I tried doing it using the Most Used function; and then simply hiding the applications I dont want listed. But this function only lists Microsoft Store apps, and not programs I've installed myself.

:)

Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015
  2. ppc_1986 Win User

Start menu "Most Used" shows only desktop apps

Windows store apps never appears on "Most Used" or "Recently Added" apps.

ppc_1986, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Start menu "Most Used" shows only desktop apps

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Make sure your computer is up to date:

Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Select Check for Update.
    • Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Please try these steps :

• Press Windows
    • Go to Settings
    • Click on Personalization
    • Click on Start check the settings here for Show recent apps and other start options

• Also check Choose which folders appear on start
    If this does not help,

Try
    New User Account
    and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Jaxel Win User
    I'm not talking about Quick access...

I'm talking about the "Most used" menu. It ONLY shows windows "modern" apps for me; never shows any desktop programs.

Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Jaxel Win User
    None of the applications listed in your Most used menu are applications YOU installed. They are all windows pre-installed.

No Photoshop, no Notepad++, no WinSCP, no GOOGLE CHROME.

Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I was just pointing out that it does have desktop apps in Most used and not just "modern" Windows apps. When the apps you installed will show up is anyone's guess though.

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  9. YOU
    You Win User
    Apps I installed show up on my Start menu. See the attached image.
    "Most Used" function only shows Apps, not Programs [​IMG]

10. Frerun Win User
    Hi
    I have a similar issue, where the list of apps under "Most Used" is never updated. *Sad

Frerun, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It looks like it's going to be one of those have to wait and see how long it may take to update situations. *Sad

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Interesting, none of my programs (Seamonkey, Everything Search, CCleaner, etc) show up under Most used either and I use them all the time.

I agree there is a bug of some kind here.

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015
  13. CalBear37 Win User

Here's mine.

CalBear37, Aug 1, 2015
  14. YOU
    You Win User
    Perhaps clearing the Start menu's history will fix it? To do so:
    Open PC Settings, click Personalization, click Start, then slide the "Show most used apps" and "Show recently added apps" sliders to the off position then back on. r most used apps will now display some random metro apps.

15. KenDavis Win User
    This did not work for me. Is there a "don't show me again" list that I can clear in the windows 10 registry? What used to work for fixing this issue in windows 7 does not work in Windows 10. It seems that when you click on "do not show in this list again" the shortcut is banished to a start menu black hole that does not give up its settings even when the user explicitly requests the reset via the UI slider switches. This almost HAS to be a bug, but I would like to know where the setting is so that I can manually zero it out.

KenDavis, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. "Most Used" function only shows Apps, not Programs - Similar Threads - Used function shows

2. Bought used computer changed motherboard and windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bought used computer changed motherboard and windows wont boot: I Bought a Dell AIO Inspiron 3455. It was dead. Replaced motherboard. Ran diagnostic all good but it wont boot. How do I reactivate windows?...
  3. TPM Ready with reduced functionality; unable to use BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM Ready with reduced functionality; unable to use BitLocker: Hello. I often browse the TenForums (and the forums for the other Windows versions too), since there are many helpful guides and tools here for whenever I'm having troubles. However, this time I've made an account to make a thread, since there wasn't a similar problem...
  4. copying user profile using copy to function

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    copying user profile using copy to function: Hi I understand that in versions of Windows 7 and earlier there was a function with system advanced to copy a user profile from one to another profile.....using ' copy to ' I tried this in Windows 10, but the copy to option was greyed out, so used an app called Windows...
  5. Unable to use taskbar function when create new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to use taskbar function when create new user account: When I created a new user account, be it a local admin or standard user account or even logged in using Windows ID account, it all resulted with the same issue. I have no functionality of the taskbar at all. Not when clicking with my mouse or hitting the windows button....
  6. Several days of functional use, now Windows 10 Won't Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Several days of functional use, now Windows 10 Won't Activate: I've tried everything I know how to do within my skill-set(so very little, tbh). I'm getting Error code: 0xC004F012 when I try to Activate through the System menu, I'm getting "remote procedure call failed" when I attempt to do dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth, despite...
  7. How to use references function in word 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to use references function in word 2016: Hi i am social researcher and use APA citation stile i want to know how to create references in word 2016 and want to know how to use this function. I am searching and dont see how . And want to know ¿Did word uses well the APA? are a way to create custom fonts and references...
  8. Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading: Hi, I just upgraded my Acer notebook from Windows 7 Pro the other day. Although my touchpad is working fine, I cannot have it enable scrolling. I remember that I had a Synaptics touchpad driver used in the Win 7 OS. After searching around on the web, I attempted the...
  9. Windows Explorer Crashes when using search function across network

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Crashes when using search function across network: Hello, I have recently been tasked with upgrading my office to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7. For a few weeks we encountered just minor bugs mostly caused by software compatibility. Recently however, I have found that some computers in the office (not all)...
  10. Start Menu "Most Used" stopped functioning in every possible way.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu "Most Used" stopped functioning in every possible way.: Not only do new most used apps not update on the start menu, but I am not able to right-click/more/don't show in this list anymore either...it simply does nothing. If I go into settings and try to disable the feature all together, it does nothing...the most used apps remain....