Windows 10: "Most Used" function only shows Apps, not Programs

Discus and support "Most Used" function only shows Apps, not Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way I can put my most used programs on the left side of the start menu? I tried doing it using the Most Used function; and then simply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Jaxel Win User

"Most Used" function only shows Apps, not Programs

Is there a way I can put my most used programs on the left side of the start menu?

I tried doing it using the Most Used function; and then simply hiding the applications I dont want listed. But this function only lists Microsoft Store apps, and not programs I've installed myself.

:)

Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015
  2. ppc_1986 Win User

Start menu "Most Used" shows only desktop apps

Windows store apps never appears on "Most Used" or "Recently Added" apps.

ppc_1986, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Start menu "Most Used" shows only desktop apps

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Make sure your computer is up to date:

Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Select Check for Update.
    • Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Please try these steps :

• Press Windows
    • Go to Settings
    • Click on Personalization
    • Click on Start check the settings here for Show recent apps and other start options

• Also check Choose which folders appear on start
    If this does not help,

Try
    New User Account
    and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Jaxel Win User
    I'm not talking about Quick access...

I'm talking about the "Most used" menu. It ONLY shows windows "modern" apps for me; never shows any desktop programs.

Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Jaxel Win User
    None of the applications listed in your Most used menu are applications YOU installed. They are all windows pre-installed.

No Photoshop, no Notepad++, no WinSCP, no GOOGLE CHROME.

Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I was just pointing out that it does have desktop apps in Most used and not just "modern" Windows apps. When the apps you installed will show up is anyone's guess though.

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  9. YOU
    You Win User
    Apps I installed show up on my Start menu. See the attached image.
    "Most Used" function only shows Apps, not Programs [​IMG]

10. Frerun Win User
    Hi
    I have a similar issue, where the list of apps under "Most Used" is never updated. *Sad

Frerun, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It looks like it's going to be one of those have to wait and see how long it may take to update situations. *Sad

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Interesting, none of my programs (Seamonkey, Everything Search, CCleaner, etc) show up under Most used either and I use them all the time.

I agree there is a bug of some kind here.

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015
  13. CalBear37 Win User

Here's mine.

CalBear37, Aug 1, 2015
  14. YOU
    You Win User
    Perhaps clearing the Start menu's history will fix it? To do so:
    Open PC Settings, click Personalization, click Start, then slide the "Show most used apps" and "Show recently added apps" sliders to the off position then back on. r most used apps will now display some random metro apps.

15. KenDavis Win User
    This did not work for me. Is there a "don't show me again" list that I can clear in the windows 10 registry? What used to work for fixing this issue in windows 7 does not work in Windows 10. It seems that when you click on "do not show in this list again" the shortcut is banished to a start menu black hole that does not give up its settings even when the user explicitly requests the reset via the UI slider switches. This almost HAS to be a bug, but I would like to know where the setting is so that I can manually zero it out.

KenDavis, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. "Most Used" function only shows Apps, not Programs - Similar Threads - Used function shows

2. How to enable Show most used apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Show most used apps?: I want to enable "Show most used apps" for Windows 11 but it seems disabled. How can I enable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-show-most-used-apps/c2bb9dda-0810-41e6-b828-4e59c4ca8257
  3. How to enable Show most used apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Show most used apps?: I want to enable "Show most used apps" for Windows 11 but it seems disabled. How can I enable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-show-most-used-apps/c2bb9dda-0810-41e6-b828-4e59c4ca8257
  4. "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

"Show most used apps" setting is greyed out: It has been my practice to have the setting "Show most used apps" always turned on. Today my most used apps disappeared from my start menu, so I checked the setting at Settings>Personalization> Start and found that "Show most used apps" was both turned off, and also greyed...
  5. "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out: It has been my practice to have the setting "Show most used apps" always turned on. Today my most used apps disappeared from my start menu, so I checked the setting at Settings>Personalization> Start and found that "Show most used apps" was both turned off, and also greyed...
  6. "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Most useful app for you

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Most useful app for you: What is the most useful application you use on your desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-useful-app-for-you/358e8557-5acc-4e86-b393-55b563e0d413
  8. "Show most used apps" is disabled and it affects the "Run" history?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Show most used apps" is disabled and it affects the "Run" history?: The Run history is not retained a search led me to a post which informed that "Show most used apps" in Settings\Personalization should be enabled. In my case, this slider is greyed out and is not accessible. 128069
  9. Most Used Apps

Most Used Apps: The other day i opened the start menu and clicked on the left side under most used apps hiding programs from the list, now nothing appears in that list and i have the left side empty. how to set again the most used apps if i have ON the option in settings but still there isnt...
  10. most used apps icons

in Windows 10 Support
    most used apps icons: Don't know what you call the screen that shows up when you do a left click on the Windows icon on the main screen and a large box opens up with a bunch of little boxes of apps/programs that I have set up and use for quick access. Anyway, the programs and the names are there...