Windows 10: Most Windows will not open but are open on taskbar

Discus and support Most Windows will not open but are open on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; last week google chrome, my personal file folders, the setting icon and most other icons on my computers stopped opening full windows. I can see they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tjones, Jan 17, 2018.

1. tjones Win User

Most Windows will not open but are open on taskbar

last week google chrome, my personal file folders, the setting icon and most other icons on my computers stopped opening full windows. I can see they are open in the taskbar, but they will not open into full windows. Complicating efforts, I cannot open my settings - though I also see it open in the taskbar. Any advice appreciated

:)

tjones, Jan 17, 2018

2. Subject matter will not open most of the time! But does open some times!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Are you able to open different sites other than the ones mentioned above?

Through which web browser are you accessing?

Is it via internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome Firefox etc. ?

Please let us know so that we may assist you in a specialized way.

We look forward to hear from you. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 17, 2018
  3. Subject matter will not open most of the time! But does open some times!

So far there does not seem to be a solution for my problem! The problem still does exist. Some things on some sites just don't open on the site but when you close the site you find the subject matter on your start up page along with all your other icons?

DickJacobson, Jan 17, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 17, 2018
  5. tjones Win User
    Thank you so very very much, that worked like a charm

tjones, Jan 17, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Most Windows will not open but are open on taskbar - Similar Threads - open are open

2. Windows Taskbar and settings not opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Taskbar and settings not opening.: I've been having this problem for a month now, I can't open my start up menu or anything on the taskbar WiFi, volume, calendar etc.. I also cant open the settings menu to change anything. I've tried basically everything, the powershell commands, starting a user didn't work I...
  3. Windows Taskbar and settings not opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Taskbar and settings not opening.: I've been having this problem for a month now, I can't open my start up menu or anything on the taskbar WiFi, volume, calendar etc.. I also cant open the settings menu to change anything. I've tried basically everything, the powershell commands, starting a user didn't work I...
  4. Windows Taskbar and settings not opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows open in Taskbar but not on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows open in Taskbar but not on Desktop: This has happened before but forgot what I did to correct it. Programs will open in task bar but will not open on desktop. When I hover over the icon for the program it shows above task bar. How do I fix it....
  6. No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open

No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open: No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open. I have run all the trouble shooters but no problems can be detected. BUT there IS a BIG problem!!!...
  7. open windows and taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    open windows and taskbar: when I click on a window in the Taskbar, and then move my mouse cusor the window snps back to the Taskbar. Help Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-windows-and-taskbar/106ee29f-6db1-446c-8799-fd6a23f6b4d6
  8. Mostly blank white windows are opening.

Mostly blank white windows are opening.: Why, after downloading Feature Update (1) to windows 10, version1083 x64 2019-09B, does some of my windows open to a blank white screen with some outline, but no text, such a print queue, run screen, etc? And how do I fix this?...
  9. windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open: Tried about everything in forums, did scans of everything and no errors and did all kinds of virus scans and nothing showing there either. Reg errors all fixed also. Just happened end of Jan 2019 Thank you...
  10. Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening

Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening: Hello Heroes of the Internet. I need your help. I run Windows 10 on my pc. Suddenly, when using my computer, I was unable to get minimized windows to re-open. However, I was still able to see the preview of the page. I tried task manager, but anything I brought up would...