Windows 10: Motherboard cannot be upgraded to W10 drivers

Discus and support Motherboard cannot be upgraded to W10 drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running a clean install of W10 on an ASUS P7P55-M Motherboard but there are no W10 drivers available. How will running on W7 drivers affect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gringoal, Oct 2, 2015.

1. gringoal Win User

Motherboard cannot be upgraded to W10 drivers

I am running a clean install of W10 on an ASUS P7P55-M Motherboard but there are no W10 drivers available. How will running on W7 drivers affect performance or stability. All good right now but the original MS install over W7 was unstable.
    System Drive is Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB

:)

gringoal, Oct 2, 2015
  2. billevy Win User

Motherboard failed 3 weeks after W10 installatiion

Computer working absolutely much better than when I bought new. The motherboard failed 3 weeks after W10 Pro install, computer will not turn on, power on flashing AMBER. Motherboard will be replaced for same model. Unsure weather or not W10 was the cause.

Being reading blogs about motherboards and windows 10, answers were related to upgraded motherboards and not replacing for original. Some said that after installing a new upgraded motherboard, not as the original that came with system, W10 required a new
    activation code, to the point of reverting back to windows (7 or 8) and reinstalling W10 again. Now, will this apply to a motherboard that is being replaced with the same model configuration that came with system, will I be required an new activation code,
    or would this be just a plug and play thing without uninstalling W10.

Thanks,

WLevy

billevy, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Logitech USB headset H340 stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi, until I upgraded to W10 Logitech USB headset H340 worked correctly. Now W10 says there is no driver installed. So I try to find it via W10 on my computer or on-line, but W10 says it cannot find this driver.

Logitech¨s web support says the is no need for the driver...

Any ideas???

Thanks Vlastimil

VlastimilŠipl, Oct 2, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

If you look in Device Manager and don't see any missing drivers, the ones supplied by the W10 install or through Windows Update ought to be adequate.

bobkn, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Motherboard cannot be upgraded to W10 drivers - Similar Threads - Motherboard cannot upgraded

2. Motherboard Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard Upgrade: I want to upgrade my motherboard from Gigabyte A320M-H to MSI X470 Gaming Pro. Do I need to reinstall Windows? or could i just uninstall old motherboard drivers or will i run into issues in the future?...
  3. Motherboard Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard Upgrade: I want to upgrade my motherboard from Gigabyte A320M-H to MSI X470 Gaming Pro. Do I need to reinstall Windows? or could i just uninstall old motherboard drivers or will i run into issues in the future?...
  4. Cannot upgrade W10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade W10 Home to Pro: Hello, I got a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Home and wanted to upgrade it to Pro. I purchased an OEM license and could try to activate it, but I get 0xC004F090 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run ... I tried to use a generic...
  5. Upgrading motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading motherboard: I want to upgrade the motherboard, CPU and ram on my computer. I read up on creating a bootable backup of my boot drive using EASUS but what I’m also wondering is if the information on my non bootable disks will be fine I have a 5TB HDD that I won’t really have any way to...
  6. Upgrading Motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Motherboard: I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard and am upgrading to a Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro WIFI I have been told that windows is per motherboard, When i upgrade i was planning on giving my friend the old 797 board and transferring the windows drive to the new board,...
  7. Upgrade motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade motherboard: Hi, I purchased a gaming pc for my son for Xmas and he wants to upgrade his motherboard it has an oem version of windows 10 will I be able to transfer the os or have to purchase a new copy of windows? So much conflicting info on internet so confused!...
  8. Cannot reactivate windows after a motherboard upgrade.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate windows after a motherboard upgrade.: Hey all I recently upgraded my motherboard and tried reactivating windows by going to Activation clicking on troubleshoot and clicking on the option that says I changed hardware on this device recently and selecting my old computer unfortunately Im just greeted with the text...
  9. Upgrading MotherBoard

Upgrading MotherBoard: I am going to upgrade my mb cpu and ram. After this can I do an install with keeping my settings etc or do I need to a clean install? I keep most of my software on my D drive anyway. When I had to do a clean install because of a drive failure I just linked all my D drive...
  10. Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10

Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10: Having a nightmare trying to do this. The PC has an SSD with C: and D: on. C: has Windows and programs that don't offer a choice of where to install, D: has my Lightroom Catalogue and programs which offer a choice. C: has 25.4 of 94.6 GN free, D: has 4.57 of 17GB free. It...