Windows 10: Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Discus and support Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro - in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mickey53usa, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

:)

Mickey53usa, Jan 30, 2018

2. Activate Windows 10 Aniversaire ver. 1607 build 14393.10 after changed motherboard.

My PC

-Motherboard ASUS P5QL PRO, chipset P43

-CPU Intel E8500 socket 775,

-OS Windows 10 Pro, after upgrade to Ver.1607 build 14393.10

-Windows is activated with a digital license linked my Microsoft account.

After that, I've changed motherboard with the new one Gigabyte H81M-DS2 chipset H81 (included CPU Intel i3 4350T socket 1150).

I signed in Windows by password of my Microsoft account as administrator and use the
    Activation troubleshooter solution to reactivate Windows, in step select "I changed hardware on this device recently" then click "Next" but I don't see where the list of devices that are linked to my Microsoft
    account, so that I can't reactivate Windows.

I return back to old motherboard ASUS and CPU E8500: Windows activated as it was.

Someone know about this problem please help me reactivate Windows 10 build 14393 after changed motherboard, or tell me know that it's unable!

Thanks and Regards

LapBui Chi, Jan 30, 2018
  3. Niksia Win User
    Error 0xC004B100 Windows 10

I recently did a hardware change, changing my motherboard, CPU and memory and I'm now unable to reactivate my copy of Windows 10. The error message says it can't activate Windows at this time.

This happens with my local account profile and the one linked to a Microsoft account that I made before the change, in case the local account couldn't reactivate.

My copy is an upgrade from Windows 7, 64-bit Pro. It was originally available as part of some kind of partnership program when I was at College, so I don't know if that is now causing issues.

Niksia, Jan 30, 2018
  4. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

PolarNettles, Jan 30, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Jan 30, 2018
  6. I do not use the MS Account to log into my computer - and never remember getting a message to register the Windows 10 license with my MS Account.
    I will try the Windows 7 license, but I had read elsewhere that the Windows 7 key no longer works since the Fall Creators upgrade on Windows 10.

7. If you never used the MS account to log in then you won't have the license attached to the account.

You'll have to use the Win7 key - either activating with the key directly (not sure if this still works) or by contacting support.

PolarNettles, Jan 30, 2018
  8. Bat 1 Win User

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

To transfer to a New PC which is what you have after changing the MOBO, the Key would need to be Retail, not a OEM aka System Builder Key which is what most people opt for to save money.

Bat 1, Jan 30, 2018
  9. Well the Windows 7 license came direct from Microsoft on the "special deal" they ran when they launched it - Still have the box, CD and everything for that - everything else has been an electronic download.

10. Clintlgm Win User
    on your backed up images, you could restore if using Macrium Reflect using the option to install to different hardware. However I believe that the activation will be rejected, You could try the phone in Activation? Otherwise, Tech support may be able to help you.
    Basically, you have a new computer that you're trying to activate with the upgraded windows for an older computer. I could be wrong but I believe the upgrade licenses were intended for only the original computer that was upgraded.

I have managed to replace a motherboard with the same motherboard basically Z97Pro Gamer for a Z97 A. The OS had been upgraded from window 8.1Pro which had been upgraded from Windows 7 Pro. I had Clean installed 8.1 just prior to upgrading to window 10 Pro.
    All I did was move my CPU GPU Ram and SSD and hard drives and booted up basically all my hardware was the same so my OS booted up.
    I did have to use phone activation the auto failed but tech support did give me the numbers to activate.
    Good luck with this but I think your going to need a new product key

Clintlgm, Jan 30, 2018
  11. Bat 1 Win User
    Calling Microsoft Support is the best option. I haven't tried the last few days to see if the free upgrade to Win 10 still works ?

Bat 1, Jan 30, 2018
  12. Plankton Win User
    Plankton, Jan 30, 2018
  13. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Well, I entered the Windows 7 key. It came back and told me that it could not be activated with that key. I started a chat with MS Customer Service - they asked the error messages that I received. I told them I would have to run the activation process again as I did not write down the error code. There was no activation option. No red warning to activate the product - so, it seems that it did activate with the Windows 7 install key. The MS support agent agreed. Will see what happens when I reboot.

Mickey53usa, Jan 31, 2018
  14. Out of curiosity, what does it say under Activation in Settings?

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro - [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Jan 31, 2018
  15. Well, I'll look - I did find that after I rebooted I had to sign in with my MS account - I could not use the previous user name on the computer to log on - Inconvenient having to enter the password on my home computer - but.....

Mickey53usa, Jan 31, 2018
Thema:

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

1. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro - - Similar Threads - Motherboard change unable

2. SOLVED Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOLVED Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change: I had to replace the motherboard on my gaming PC and after restarting Windows I had to reactivate. None of the methods within Windows worked and when I tried phone activation SLUI 04, nothing happened. I then found my local support number, called it and after multiple number...
  3. SOLVED Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SOLVED Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change: I had to replace the motherboard on my gaming PC and after restarting Windows I had to reactivate. None of the methods within Windows worked and when I tried phone activation SLUI 04, nothing happened. I then found my local support number, called it and after multiple number...
  4. SOLVED Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change: I had to replace the motherboard on my gaming PC and after restarting Windows I had to reactivate. None of the methods within Windows worked and when I tried phone activation SLUI 04, nothing happened. I then found my local support number, called it and after multiple number...
  6. Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM. Because of this my hard disk had to be formatted and then when I tried to reactivate my Windows, I am getting the error code: 0x803FABBB. I had gotten Windows 8 years back and I have forgotten the product key. How do I activate my...
  7. Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM. Because of this my hard disk had to be formatted and then when I tried to reactivate my Windows, I am getting the error code: 0x803FABBB. I had gotten Windows 8 years back and I have forgotten the product key. How do I activate my...
  8. Windows 10 pro Reactivation after MotherBoard Change

Windows 10 pro Reactivation after MotherBoard Change: Dear Friends I have changed my mother board . Now I have facing win 10 pro ver 2004 deactivated. Tried several times windows update and security -->Activation-->troubleshoot. I changed Hardware on this device shows no device found in this Microsoft Account. But while log...
  9. Unable to reactivate Windows after changing Motherboard

Unable to reactivate Windows after changing Motherboard: Split from this thread. Merry Christmas, gamers! Want help getting started with your new device? : hey I switched my motherboard and it just doesn't want to reactivate plz help me dude ***Modified title from: Switched my motherboard and it doesn't want to reactivate***...
  10. How to reactivate windows 10 PRO after motherboard change?

How to reactivate windows 10 PRO after motherboard change?: Yesterday i changed my entire system (CPU+MOBO+RAM). Now my windows is not activating . I thought this process should have been done automatically via internet when i login to my connected microsoft account .How to reactivate windows 10 after a hardware change specially...