Windows 10: Motherboard doing single beep, when accesing a HDD

Discus and support Motherboard doing single beep, when accesing a HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; UPDATE Seems to be happening when using a specific HDD, have de-fragmented it and it beeped on and during that....I am now copying a lot of data onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Motherboard doing single beep, when accesing a HDD

UPDATE
    Seems to be happening when using a specific HDD, have de-fragmented it and it beeped on and during that....I am now copying a lot of data onto it and its not beeping....Assuming of course it was the HDD

Motherboard doing single beep, when accesing a HDD

recently I changed my bios to superfast start, which caused it to boot from the wrong device and startup so quick I was denied access to bios setup or chose boot menu...I had to remove the bios battery and reset it....set bios to defaults except high temp,alarm for cpu and cpu high temp s/d.

Now it is ok until Imstart copying files around between HDD's ....there are 4 or 5...

not sure what it measns, dont know ifmi have missed a bios setting or something is about to fail....GPU is ok at 33oC and CPU at approc 60 oC

anynhelp would be appreciatd

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jan 4, 2016

2. X6 random beeping / bleeping

Dont know about beep beep but i often get a random single beep when traveling i thought it was something to do with the signal .

jje

jjegan---01, Jan 4, 2016
  3. KiperR Win User
    Out of Options to fix Random Blue Screens?

Computer started up about 5 times perfectly fine since the last update, however this time it gave a long beep before the POST beep.

After doing research as to why that beep had stopped after I removed the bad RAM stick, Gigabyte's site confirmed that this beep to mean a memory problem.

Could this be a motherboard issue, like is there something wrong with the slot or the motherboard that is causing these ram sticks to do this?

KiperR, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

Motherboard doing single beep, when accesing a HDD

1. Motherboard doing single beep, when accesing a HDD - Similar Threads - Motherboard doing single

2. HDD when plugged with the motherboard of laptop inside, it is making beep sounds many times...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD when plugged with the motherboard of laptop inside, it is making beep sounds many times...: Recently, once I opened my laptop to clean the fan dust and cleaned other components with it also. After that, a beeping sound from the hdd side of the laptop was generating. It beeped many times and HDD started getting disconnecting from my windows, I thought it may be some...
  3. HDD when plugged with the motherboard of laptop inside, it is making beep sounds many times...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD when plugged with the motherboard of laptop inside, it is making beep sounds many times...: Recently, once I opened my laptop to clean the fan dust and cleaned other components with it also. After that, a beeping sound from the hdd side of the laptop was generating. It beeped many times and HDD started getting disconnecting from my windows, I thought it may be some...
  4. HDD when plugged with the motherboard of laptop inside, it is making beep sounds many times...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random motherboard beeps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random motherboard beeps?: Hello, i use a MSI A320m-A PRO MAX motherboard and i randomly got 3 2 beep bursts? 6 beeps in total would anyone be willing to help me? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-motherboard-beeps/0c027bf7-5f7e-49a9-8afa-b27cab00721f
  6. Random motherboard beeps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random motherboard beeps?: Hello, i use a MSI A320m-A PRO MAX motherboard and i randomly got 3 2 beep bursts? 6 beeps in total would anyone be willing to help me? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-motherboard-beeps/0c027bf7-5f7e-49a9-8afa-b27cab00721f
  7. C:\ is not accesible

in Windows 10 Customization
    C:\ is not accesible: Accidently, I removed my user ownership of the C disk thinking it was another user. Now, while I'm able to use the main programs in the desktop, such as microsoft edge, I'm unable to access the C disk, as well as use TaskManager, use CMD as an administrator, install new...
  8. Motherboard Gigabtye beep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard Gigabtye beep: Hi when using windows 10 randomly my motherboard beeps one short just does it random is there a cmos battery low ??. 154443
  9. Single 'beep' sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Single 'beep' sound in Windows 10: Has anyone ever experienced hearing a single beep sound in Windows 10? I've heard it twice in my laptop now, once while I was browsing, once while I was gaming. During the time I was gaming, the beep was followed by a game freeze and a crash. Nothing happened, however, when I...
  10. 1 Long beep + 3 short beep Asus motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    1 Long beep + 3 short beep Asus motherboard: Hi guys, I have an Asus Z97A Motherboard/GTX 1080/24GB DDR3Gskill/ 500 GB SSD + 1to HDD and recently when i boot my PC i hear 1 long beep then quickly after 3 short beep.. I've searched in Asus website about the meaning of these beep and it's written that it's a Video...