Windows 10: Motherboard has no Win 10 drivers. Clean install still possible

Discus and support Motherboard has no Win 10 drivers. Clean install still possible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have never been a fan of upgrades. Now I am noT having any issues with the upgrade I did but I still would like to do a clean install. Since my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sparker366, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Motherboard has no Win 10 drivers. Clean install still possible

I have never been a fan of upgrades. Now I am noT having any issues with the upgrade I did but I still would like to do a clean install.

Since my motherboard it 2 yrs old the manufacture feels it's too old to give it Win 10 drivers. I can assume that there will be no way for me to do a clean install unless the motherboard manufacture puts out Win 10 drivers.

This is my motherboard http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%2...load&os=Win764

Is there any chance of me doing a clean install?

:)

sparker366, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Saltgrass Win User

Windows 10 and Asus problems

Asus does a good job keeping drivers available for their systems, or at least the motherboards. Perhaps you got a bad driver and it is causing problems.

Did the system come with Win 10 originally?

If you installed Windows, was it a clean Win 10 install using Install media?

Saltgrass, Aug 2, 2015
  3. My Computer and its Blue Screens

My computer is having trouble with updates mostly with windows 10 install windows 7 also an issue intermittently without updates with updates I get constant crash screens I am using Asus A55bm e with the amd 10 core processor A8 core averages around 140
    to 145 Degrees F I have had messages to roll back graphic drivers to Ethernet(coms) driver however when in the driver pages there is nothing to roll back i have clean installed win 7 around 20 times formatted and have tried upgrade installed win 10 64 bit
    and clean installed win 10 64 bitt about the same 20 times on both with what seemed to be success initially and then blue screen. have used the microsoft multiple fix its including aero and countless microsoft trouble shooters, I have unplugged all devices
    and connected only minimum ie hard drive and dvd and am still having issues , i seem to have less issues with the motherboard cd/dvd before the updates but still get the blue screen every now and then after the updates every time i power on it shuts back down
    with the blue screen. is it possible this Asus Motherboard just cant handle windows 7 through 10 64 bitt or am i overlooking something

Moved to win 10

YvonneHarris, Aug 2, 2015
  4. cabbage Win User

Motherboard has no Win 10 drivers. Clean install still possible

Hello there,
    My Dell Dimension 9200 is from 2007.
    I did a clean install of the Win 10 and going well albeit few heart stopping moments. ( I was to have Win 7 Ultimate x64)
    My guess is if yours is running Win 7 or above OS you should be able to install Win 10.
    Some one will inform me correct....
    Good luck to you

cabbage, Aug 2, 2015
  5. I am pretty sure if your system was capable of running windows 7; then yes realistically you should be able to do a install of windows 10 even if your board is a older board. Heck; my asus mb is 3 years old and asus didnt put out any drivers/software for my board for windows 10; but so far everything seems to be working like it should be. So on that note; I would just say if you want to do a clean install; give it a shot; if windows 10 installs correctly; windows itself should install the drivers needed for your hardware via either windows update; or the built-in windows catalog of drivers.

Matt Siegel, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Ok that sounds good. I figure if I get issues I can do a clean install of Win 7 with nothing installed but the OS and drivers. Then do another upgrade and I should have a pretty stable system

sparker366, Aug 2, 2015
  7. PRMan Win User
    The driver model hasn't changed since Vista, so even loading Windows 7 drivers should work just fine, even if they don't label them as being compatible with Windows 10, in 99% of cases they are.

PRMan, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Motherboard has no Win 10 drivers. Clean install still possible

Well I just did the clean install and all is good. Only driver that I had to load was my video card. AMD is nice and they do have Win 10 drivers for my 6950 card. Everything is working just fine.

Thanks everyone for the information

sparker366, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Motherboard has no Win 10 drivers. Clean install still possible

1. Motherboard has no Win 10 drivers. Clean install still possible - Similar Threads - Motherboard has drivers

2. Possible to swap motherboard and still retain Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to swap motherboard and still retain Windows 10?: Hi, I'm using a MS OS Build 19041.329. Win 10 enterprise account. Recently I had my PC formatted as some files were corrupted. Since I wanted the PC immediately for work, no drivers were installed. I noticed that windows update is good enough to go find all the relevant...
  3. Win 10 installation with win 7 key still possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 installation with win 7 key still possible?: I bought an win 7 pro key several year ago. I used it and upgraded it later on my old PC to win 10 and used it without any problem. Now I bought a new pc. I tried using me win 7 key to install win 10 but it won't work. When I upgraded it on the old one it didn't even asked...
  4. Installing motherboard and ssd drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing motherboard and ssd drivers after clean install: I did a clean win 10 install following the guide by Brinck forund here on Tenforums. I have also downloaded the most recent drivers for my motherboard (Asus, B360M-K Prime) from Asus site (chipset, SATA, LAN and Audio) (found here) I have a few questions regarding the...
  5. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  6. STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903: greetings, my laptop is an: alienware 17 r5 win 10 x64bit 128 gb ssd 1 tb hdd 16gb ram 1050 gtx 1year old. never dropped it. no hardware issue. healthy ssd. healthy usb drive. Last time i had a problem installing win10. Nothing i found in the internet works. here's...
  7. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  8. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  9. Install clean Win 10

Install clean Win 10: Hello I used the media creation tool which I had burned to dvd to install win 10 after uupgradingfrom 8.1. I paid strict attention to any place like adv or apply to delete the partitions but found none. I did tell it to bring "nothing" forward in the process. The pc works...
  10. Clean install Win 10

Clean install Win 10: Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into both media they load as far as getting all files then reboots. System created 4 partions Disc map on 2TB disc. Partion size...