Windows 10: Motherboard is dying?

Discus and support Motherboard is dying? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all I have a problem and don’t know how to proceed. Here is what was happening: Running window 10, 2 ssd drives 1st one is just C and system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sven1458, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Sven1458 Win User

Motherboard is dying?

Hi all
    I have a problem and don’t know how to proceed.
    Here is what was happening:

Running window 10, 2 ssd drives 1st one is just C and system reserve
    2nd drive is divided into 3 D-E F
    on E I store 2 Macrium images

I turned on my PC and it booted fine, as far as I could tell, I did my E-Mail and then clicked on IE. No problem, but when I clicked on a link, the system froze and then rebooted, but never got back to windows. It started, on its own, to do a repair and diagnose and at the end tells me it could not repair windows.
    I tried all kinds of other options like booting into save mode and also go back to pervious OS it did not work.
    So I got out my macrium CD and booted with that. I found my images and tried to restore 1 of them.
    When I looked at the screen closer, I notice that macrium wanted to restore the image from the 2nd drive partition E to the 2nddrive and gave me a warning that the drive will be overridden. I stopped there. For some reason my first drive, c and windows reserved are missing. I looked at the bios setup and both drives are there.
    Now when I want to boot, it is stuck on Verifying DMA data and will not move unless I boot from my DVD drive.
    I think I either have a bad drive or a bad motherboard.
    Is there a way to test if the MB is bad?
    I am thinking of getting a new drive to find out if the oldone is bad.
    Any advice?
    Sven

:)

Sven1458, Jul 2, 2017

2. 5800 motherboard is messed up

As your phone is 4months old, take it to nokia care. You still have the warranty and they might fix for you. We here are not expert nokia engineers but only users like you.

blueheartz, Jul 2, 2017
  3. dcarbon Win User
    5800 motherboard is messed up

about 4 months after i bought my nokia 5800 it just stopped working...i turned it off and it never came on again..when i press the power button it just vibrated..the lights did not even come now..now its not even vibratin..i brought it to b repaired and
    i was told that the motherboard of the phones is messed up...can anybody give me some advice?????

dcarbon, Jul 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Motherboard is dying?

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2017
  5. Sven1458 Win User
    Thanks for helping
    I got my SSD in an external enclosure and I can access the files just fine on my laptop. also, I got a new / used spinner, and I tried to install windows on it, but can not. windows tells me can't find hard drive.
    I tried to change the plug where data cable gets plugged in, but that was no help.
    So I guess my MB is broken.
    I hope I can find one that will let me use my RAM and processor to minimize costs

Thanks
    Sven

Sven1458, Jul 2, 2017
  6. [youtube]ehbvzeU2Eh8[/youtube]

- renewing the CMOS battery may help..
    - they only last about 6 years..

BugMeister, Jul 3, 2017
  7. Sven1458 Win User
    BugMeister

I think my battery is fine, because when I get into the BIOS, the time and date is correct. if the battery is dead then it should show a wrong time and date or none at all. Thanks anyway

Sven

Sven1458, Jul 3, 2017
  8. Sven1458 Win User

Motherboard is dying?

Update
    Now the drives will not show in the bios anymore unless I plug it in channel 2 master, channel 2 slave is my DVD drive and it shows also. if I plug anything into channel 0 or 1 master or slave it will not show in the BIOS.

I ordered a new MB, same as I have now in hopes to minimize any problems with windows an components.

Thanks to all who helped

Sven

Sven1458, Jul 3, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Channels 1 and 2 master and slave?!? I hope you are upgrading to SATA while you are getting a new motherboard! Also, in UEFI/BIOS make sure the SATA controller is set to run in AHCI mode, not IDE mode.

NavyLCDR, Jul 3, 2017
  10. Sven1458 Win User
    I will get the exact same MB as I have now.
    I don't want to buy anything new like processor or RAM or anything else. also I don't want any problems with MS

Sven1458, Jul 4, 2017
  11. Sven1458 Win User
    Hi all,
    I finally got around installing my new motherboard. All seemed fine.
    Powering it up for the first time, I went into the BIOS and looked at all the settings. My 2 SSD drives are listed as IDE channel 0 Master and Slave.
    I set SMART to enabled and got out saving the new settings.
    I got the splash screen all the way to Verifying DMI Pool Data……. And then it said saving successful. And that is where it sits. Curser is blinking, nothing is happening.
    So I take the “ C “ drive out and put it into an external hard drive enclosure and plugged it in to my Laptop and I can read what is on the drive.
    Then I plugged it in to the usb port on my desktop (instead of reinstalling it into the system) and made it boot from the USB port. Same results, it just sits there after Verifying…… , but the hard drive that I plugged into the USB plug keeps blinking like it is being accessed, but it will not boot.

Since I installed the same MB that I had, I did not think that I have to reinstall windows again. I am not sure now, do I have to install windows again?

I booted from my CD drive with Bart PE and it works fine. SoI could reinstall windows.

Sven1458, Jul 29, 2017
  12. Sven1458 Win User
    Update
    I got a little farther after about 15 reboots. it now tells me that it ran into a problem and then needs to restart and tries to repair itself
    but can not. Im getting "Your PC did not start Correctly"

Do I have a corrupt file system? if that is the case,
    I will have to reinstall windows.

Sven1458, Jul 29, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Motherboard is dying?

If it were my computer, I would back up what I want to save and start with a fresh install, completely wiping the SSD before installing Windows. When you get to the first Windows setup screen (after booting from a Windows installation USB flash drive or DVD), press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt. Run:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <- replace the # with the actual disk number of the SSD you are going to install Windows on
    clean <- this will completely erase the disk selected above, make sure it was the right one!
    exit
    exit

Then when you get to the choice, select the custom install option, on the next screen highlight the unallocated space on the drive you want to install to and click next to let Windows set it up.

NavyLCDR, Jul 29, 2017
  14. You have bought a new motherboard without properly see what is the problem.
    For me in a similar situation the failure was not the motherboard but the psu +5 volt that has a failure so the hard drives and ssds have problems to work properly.

boombastik, Jul 29, 2017
  15. Sven1458 Win User
    So, you agree that the install is corrupted?

Thanks

Sven1458, Jul 29, 2017
Thema:

Motherboard is dying?

1. Motherboard is dying? - Similar Threads - Motherboard dying

2. I had a subscription to a MSAP, I was using Windows 10 Pro N and my motherboard died. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a subscription to a MSAP, I was using Windows 10 Pro N and my motherboard died. I...: I had a subscription to a MSAP, I was using Windows 10 Pro N and my motherboard died. I need a new Windows 10 Pro N license. I stopped my subscription as I was not getting the benefit and it was expensive. A system that I had Windows 10 Pro N installed on had a motherboard...
  3. I had a subscription to a MSAP, I was using Windows 10 Pro N and my motherboard died. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a subscription to a MSAP, I was using Windows 10 Pro N and my motherboard died. I...: I had a subscription to a MSAP, I was using Windows 10 Pro N and my motherboard died. I need a new Windows 10 Pro N license. I stopped my subscription as I was not getting the benefit and it was expensive. A system that I had Windows 10 Pro N installed on had a motherboard...
  4. I had a subscription to a MSAP, I was using Windows 10 Pro N and my motherboard died. I...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key: My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-motherboard-died-i-replaced-the-motherboard-how/67f1cb11-ee4a-4239-964f-cbd2726f50a0
  6. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key: My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-motherboard-died-i-replaced-the-motherboard-how/67f1cb11-ee4a-4239-964f-cbd2726f50a0
  7. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

8. I need to reactivate my GENUINE copy of windows 10 home after my motherboard died. I need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to reactivate my GENUINE copy of windows 10 home after my motherboard died. I need...: I have been SEARCHING all day to find a way to talk to an actual human in live chat and I haven't been able to find the link. I am signed in to Microsoft and everything. I've looked at other peoples questions that ask how to talk to a live person and those methods do not work...
  9. I need to reactivate my GENUINE copy of windows 10 home after my motherboard died. I need...

I need to reactivate my GENUINE copy of windows 10 home after my motherboard died. I need...: I have been SEARCHING all day to find a way to talk to an actual human in live chat and I haven't been able to find the link. I am signed in to Microsoft and everything. I've looked at other peoples questions that ask how to talk to a live person and those methods do not work...
  10. I need to reactivate my GENUINE copy of windows 10 home after my motherboard died. I need...