Windows 10: Motherboard post without bleep sound

Discus and support Motherboard post without bleep sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My new mobo gigabyte Z370 d3h it boots normal but does not bleep or make any sound during the start and I know there is speaker and is working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gremar, Mar 7, 2018.

1. gremar Win User

Motherboard post without bleep sound

Hi,
    My new mobo gigabyte Z370 d3h it boots normal but does not bleep or make any sound during the start and I know there is speaker and is working.
    The question now: how important to have the bleep sound?
    The mobo is brand new you think I should return it?
    Thank you

:)

gremar, Mar 7, 2018
  2. bitflung Win User

playlists on a macintosh?

really? i got bleeped? and i worked so hard to find a way to express frustration without sounding a) to unprofessional, or b) to 1920's.

well, looks like i have to say, "gosh darn it all to heck" in the future. or will heck get bleeped?

bitflung, Mar 7, 2018
  3. rufao Win User
    unlocking legally via a cable ?

sounds right for 3, they dont know their **bleep** from their elbow.

other posts seem to show they take a very long time in getting the code generated.

rufao, Mar 7, 2018
  4. AS185 Win User

Well, I don't think you need to return the motherboard. If it fire's up and everything is working fine, no need. From what I know, the speaker option is usually for testing purpose's, to insure the mobo is working properly. The motherboard make's a sound when there are error's upon initializing it. Check your manual because each beep is specific to each error.

AS185, Mar 7, 2018
  5. gremar Win User
    So the bleeping sound have a purpose then, maybe it bleeps only when there is error,
    I am going to remove the rams and see if it bleeps.

gremar, Mar 7, 2018
  6. gremar Win User
    I have removed the ram sticks, but there is no bleeping error code.
    I am going to send it back

gremar, Mar 7, 2018
  7. BRKKAB Win User
    Most motherboards haven't made a beep sound at pc startup for atleast 4 or 5 year's now.
    They only time you'll hear a beep sound is if their's a serious problem, otherwise you hear nothing until you're in Windows.
    Nothing at all to be concerned about.
    Your pc started up, correct? It work's correct, right.
    No problems then and no company will do a RMA for a non-existant problem and if they or the store do you'll get a restocking charge for a non-issue.
    To me that would be a dumb waste of your money.

BRKKAB, Mar 7, 2018
  8. BRKKAB Win User

Removing the r.a.m., s.s.d./h.d.d. mouse, keyboard or monitor cable won't produce a beep. Your p.c. just won't work as all of those need to be installed and plugged in for the motherboard to work.
    Same for the p.s.u./power supply unit.
    P.S. Did you set the Settings in the mobo's UEFI ?
    Did you install Windows ?
    If yes, did you update the UEFI, install drivers, update Windows and if using Windows 10 the Store app's.
    If not to updates and driver's do that and stop worrying about your working motherboard.
    Removing r.a.m, etc. and not putting in a differnt set of the same sort of hardware does nothing, but make a perfectly fine working device a non-working device.

BRKKAB, Mar 7, 2018
  9. CountMike New Member
    That "bleep" is supposed to come of your MB and it's speaker/beeper and is a part of POST code. If it doesn't have it mounted on the MB it might have a connector for it at Front controls connectors and you can connect a small speaker to it.
    Something like this: Motherboard System Speaker NEW | eBay

CountMike, Mar 7, 2018
  10. RickC Win User
    My understanding is that these days most mainboards only emit an error beep if there's a problem with video output. Otherwise, they rely on the screen to display POST errors (if set that way)... but I guess it depends on the manufacturer.

RickC, Mar 7, 2018
  11. CountMike New Member
    Don't know about "most" but all of mine do but no beeper/speker is on MBs.

CountMike, Mar 7, 2018
  12. clam1952 Win User
    Wire to speaker the wrong way round? or not connected to the correct pins on the motherboard check and then double check.

clam1952, Mar 7, 2018
  13. gremar Win User

Thanks guys for reply, you convinced me to keep it.
    Concerning the speaker I have used 4 speaker one of them I took it from working desktop and I wired it correctly as shown in the manual. I read the manual doesn't talk about bleeping sound.
    As BRKKAB said "Most motherboards haven't made a beep sound at pc startup for atleast 4 or 5 year's now " my wife's laptop which she purchase few weeks back doesn't bleep either

gremar, Mar 7, 2018
  14. BRKKAB Win User
    I just thought of something I missed in my previous post's.
    Doesn't your Z370 take a Intel i9 cpu?
    Either way, it's a Gigabyte and probably a higher-end one like my older Z170 Asus ROG mobo.
    My Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero has a QLED panel on it that reads out codes on it for any error's.
    Your's probably does, too. Check for that in your manual and if it does it should have 2-3 pages that list Q-Codes or whatevever Gigabyte call them. Those are error codes.
    Like my mobo always says A0, which means my pc is A-OK.
    My older Asus Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0 wasn't a ROG mobo, so it didn't have the QLED thing.
    I've heard both make a single beep 1 time each since owning both.
    On the Maximus VIII Hero, I put a new video card in and the video cards manual had the 2 hdmi & display port's locations swapped with each other.
    My eyeglasses had gone bad and the lenses themselves wer constant foggy due to the lens coatings going bad.
    I went by what the manual said and plugged my monitors hdmi cable into the video cards display port (note- they fit in their, but are slightly loose and won't work).
    I then resorted to hitting the reset button and after a few times, just turned my psu switch to off for 1 minute.
    That caused a single beep and has been fine for a little over 2 year's now.
    The 990FX one was about 4 or 5 years ago right after Windows 8 came out and Windows 8 locked up to where I had to turn it's psu switch off for 1 minute.
    Same 1 beep, booted fine just like the other mobo and still occasionally used to theis day as a backup pc.
    By this time next year this mobo, cpu & ram will be in the older pc and this one's gonna be updated to a AM4 mobo, Ryzen cpu and G-Skill Flare X ram (specifically for AM4 & Ryzen).

BRKKAB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Motherboard post without bleep sound - Similar Threads - Motherboard post without

2. Bleep Sound is always playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bleep Sound is always playing: The bleep sound is always playing when a video comes onto the screen. In twitter its always on because of the amount of videos. for example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bleep-sound-is-always-playing/86699310-cc72-43f1-ae2c-fad301db87c3
  3. Bleep Sound is always playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bleep Sound is always playing: The bleep sound is always playing when a video comes onto the screen. In twitter its always on because of the amount of videos. for example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bleep-sound-is-always-playing/86699310-cc72-43f1-ae2c-fad301db87c3
  4. Motherboard no power or POST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard no power or POST: I recently built an retro gaming pc with MSI ms-7596 760GM-E51. when I plug in the 24-pin power and 4 pin power, it didn't post, I have already checked things like switch on the PSU and plugged in the front panel POWER SW to its right orientation, and even tried a different...
  5. Motherboard no power or POST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard no power or POST: I recently built an retro gaming pc with MSI ms-7596 760GM-E51. when I plug in the 24-pin power and 4 pin power, it didn't post, I have already checked things like switch on the PSU and plugged in the front panel POWER SW to its right orientation, and even tried a different...
  6. No post and beep sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No post and beep sound: So I have a asus motherboard and zotac GeForce graphic card so here is my problem. When I started my pc it's booted all fine and my Home screen came after that there is a beep code like 1 long and 3 short after that I searched for What that means so I find that is no vga...
  7. Why does my laptop make bleeping sounds at sporadic intervals?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my laptop make bleeping sounds at sporadic intervals?: Why does my laptop make bleeping sounds at sporadic intervals? It's just one bleep at a time. Is that a BIOS error code? I'm using Windows 10 21H1 180275
  8. Blackground bleeping sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blackground bleeping sound: I just got a laptop that runs windows 10 and there is a constant bleeping sound that goes off seemingly random in the background. I do not know how to find the cause of this nor how to stop it as it is quite annoying. help submitted by /u/Jojo21902 [link] [comments]...
  9. McAfee aand Bleep sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    McAfee aand Bleep sounds: Hello Can someone please help Question 1: Brand new computer McAfee already installed on a trial basis. I CANNOT UNISTALL I HAVE GONE YO CONTROLL PANEL BUT IT WONT UNISTAL Question " Computer keeps bleeping every few seconds. HOW DO I STOP IT Thank you...
  10. Replacing motherboard with same motherboard as sound failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing motherboard with same motherboard as sound failed.: Hello, I'm just wondering if I will have to get a new Windows Product Key after replacing my current motherboard with the same Model. Rather not pay for Windows again as the only reason I need to replace the motherboard is because I've lost sound. I have the exact model of...