Windows 10: Motherboard sensor no longer working with windows 10

Discus and support Motherboard sensor no longer working with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Do I really need to re-install 8.1 to see if it's a software issue? Because before I went to 10, it worked fine. But now in speccy and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Heretikos, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Heretikos Win User

Motherboard sensor no longer working with windows 10

Do I really need to re-install 8.1 to see if it's a software issue? Because before I went to 10, it worked fine. But now in speccy and OpenHardwareMonitor, I am unable to get a reading. Obviously, if you can't tell, I'm a bit of a noob. Any thoughts or help?

:)

Heretikos, Sep 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 , New motherboard , Activation no longer working...Help please running 1511 , how to update to 1607 for troubleshooting.

If your original win 7 came pre-installed it is/was tied to the original motherboard. When you upgraded to win 10 it was still tied to the original motherboard. You are going to have to purchase a key

new mobo=new computer=new license

In order to determine the actual state Windows is in, run this command in an elevated command prompt and then paste the contents of report.txt in your reply: report.txt should be on your desktop.

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 , New motherboard , Activation no longer working...Help please running 1511 , how to update to 1607 for troubleshooting.

Hi , I had Windows 10 working perfectly , it was via a free upgrade from windows 7 , BUT my motherboard went faulty , I had to send the motherboard back , They refunded me and I had to make a new choice of board.....new motherboard fitted , all put back
    together...hardware all working great !

Anyway , Windows 10 now says Windows is not activated.

I know this is because I have changed my motherboard , my current version of Windows is 1511 , I have read that I need 1607 to be able to access the troubleshooting option , which I assume will re-activate my Windows key ?

I did take a copy of the windows 10 key , by using a keyfinder and saved it to my computer in txt , but even when I re-enter the original Windows 10 activation key via cut and paste, it checks the key , then fails the key .

My version of Windows says I am upto date.....but its running 1511 and not 1607 .

Help Please how do I fix my situation

Justwondering25, Sep 5, 2015
  4. stormy13 Win User

stormy13, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Heretikos Win User
    Hmmm... thanks. I mean, I did. But I wonder if the windows ten version is what's doing it. The ATK package for 8.1 works fine with ten.

Heretikos, Sep 5, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    It may be that Asus pushed the newer driver out too soon. If the Windows 8.1 driver works, use it. What does Core Temp show if you run it?

bro67, Sep 5, 2015
  7. Heretikos Win User
    Nah, the 8.1 version isn't making it work. I could have sworn it was fine with 8.1 and not 10. So, I guess the only way to see if this is software related is to install 8.1. I can always just go back to a system image of ten. But if it's physically not working, is that an issue? Can it affect the fan and when it turns on or anything like that?

Heretikos, Sep 5, 2015
  8. Heretikos Win User

I am confused... I'm talking to people and they're telling me there is no "motherboard" sensor. The CPU, GPU, HDD's, sure... But why even have a motherboard sensor? The things that would make the motherboard hot are already monitored. I've gone through several high end laptops and have always had a reading of a motherboard temp, but now I'm confused. Is this just something speccy removed? Do these laptops even have a motherboard temp? What the heck? Because I'm talking to someone who knows a lot more about computers than me and he's saying there's no reason to have a motherboard sensor or monitor it's temp and how that makes no sense.

Heretikos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Motherboard sensor no longer working with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Motherboard sensor longer

2. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  3. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  4. Fingerprint sensor no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint sensor no longer working: Hello,I recently bought an ASUS Vivobook Pro with a fingerprint sensor. It worked perfectly for a few weeks and then after a Windows Update, the sensor no longer works. The device looks like it is still there, but when I try to set up "Windows Hello" it tells me to touch the...
  5. Fingerprint sensor no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor no longer working: Hello,I recently bought an ASUS Vivobook Pro with a fingerprint sensor. It worked perfectly for a few weeks and then after a Windows Update, the sensor no longer works. The device looks like it is still there, but when I try to set up "Windows Hello" it tells me to touch the...
  6. Finger Sensor not Working On Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger Sensor not Working On Windows 10: I have HP G3 840 Core i7 6TH Gen, On Windows 7 Finger sensor working perfectly but when I installed Windows 10 finger sensor stop working. I have updated all drivers online via HP support assistant but the problem still exsits. I don't understand what is the problem...
  7. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint sensor not working: Recently I noticed my fingerprint sign in option no longer existed. Went into device manager and clicked on my fingerprint sensor's properties. It says: This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. Anyone know how to fix...
  8. Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available: Hello, I have an HP Envy 13' computer with a finger print sensor. For the past six months or so, since I got my computer, the fingerprint sensor worked for me. Now that I updated it, it says the fingerprint option is not available and that my device doesn't have a scanner...
  9. Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated: So I decided to get an upgrade on my pc so I got a new motherboard, CPU, and power supply. Now my windows 10 is not activated. I tried troubleshooting and tried to get it re-activated but Microsoft said I cant....
  10. Can't see motherboard temperature [broken sensor ?]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't see motherboard temperature [broken sensor ?]: I was rendering video when I noticed that in Speccy my Motherboard (CPUSocket) temperature was ridiculously high (90C), I turned my pc off to check those temps in UEFI and there it was only ~30C so Speccy was probably showing wrong temps. But when I turned my pc back on to...