Windows 10: Mount Image Files

Discus and support Mount Image Files in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Am I mistaken, or didn't Windows 10 come with an built in application for mounting image files? I have a .bin file that I am not able to mount... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by sparker781, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Mount Image Files

Am I mistaken, or didn't Windows 10 come with an built in application for mounting image files? I have a .bin file that I am not able to mount automatically.

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Sep 22, 2015
  2. colinobj Win User

Mount ISO image that persists or mount at start-up

I think you may be misinterpreting my query - please read again.

I mounted the ISO file using file explorer - it allocated the drive letter E:. I then changed it to U: using diskmgmt. The reason is that I have a family history program that needs a CD to be available when I use it, and Ive told it that the CD is in drive
    U:

This works fine until I re-boot, so I then have to repeat the process.

So, I need a way of either making the mount and drive letter persist after a restart (like network drives) or to mount and assign a drive letter at start-up.

colinobj, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Mount ISO image that persists or mount at start-up

This was easy peasy to do in windows 7 I mistakenly done it and seen the use for it I will look into it for ya. Mount Image Files :p

Eric in IT, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Mount Image Files

Windows 10 definitely can mount iso files. For bin files I am not sure; maybe you need an external tool to mount them...

Joergi, Sep 22, 2015
  5. sml156 Win User
    You have to convert it to an ISO with a program like Magic ISO,

sml156, Sep 22, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    Or you use an external tool to mount them.

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mount Image Files

1. Mount Image Files - Similar Threads - Mount Image Files

2. Slow mounting of ISO Image Files on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Slow mounting of ISO Image Files on Windows 11/10: [IMG]You may notice that when you want to mount an ISO image natively or use third-party ISO Mounter Software on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, the process may be slow for you. In this post, we explain the reason why this could happen as well as proffer what you can...
  3. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  4. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  5. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. mounting multiple disc images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mounting multiple disc images: I have over 100 dvd disc images I want to mount- I can do that natively in windows 10 pro, by assigning a drive letter to each one. Is there a more elegant way to do this? I want to preserve the original files, so combining them into some sort of mega image is out of the...
  7. Couldn’t Mount file, Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file

in Windows 10 News
    Couldn’t Mount file, Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file: [ATTACH]The transition from an older version of Windows to a newer version should be […] This article Couldn’t Mount file, Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Mounting file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mounting file: I bought a new desktop pc--Yeah! As instructed I downloaded all my old pc files to an external hard drive-- Fat32. When I try to open the files on my new pc, I am told "Couldn't mount file" and to use Disk Mgt snap-in---whatever that is. I am just trying to access my old...
  9. facing problem while mounting disc image file

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    facing problem while mounting disc image file: I have a disc image file of Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus. When I try to mount it I get this error. Please help me..! [img] 57940
  10. Virtual Hard disk Files can't be mounted from image files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Virtual Hard disk Files can't be mounted from image files: Please allow me to explain my problem for it to be better understood. Approx. three weeks ago my computer just suddenly shut down. Within a few seconds I was receiving a display that said Windows will repair your computer and reinstall Windows. I did a lot of reading and...