Windows 10: Mounting VMware Workstation snapshots with split vmdk files

Discus and support Mounting VMware Workstation snapshots with split vmdk files in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I recently migrated from Hyper-V to VMware Workstation. As someone that has used Parallels Desktop on OS X (now macOS) for years, I find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by KabyBlue, May 13, 2018.

1. KabyBlue Win User

Mounting VMware Workstation snapshots with split vmdk files

I recently migrated from Hyper-V to VMware Workstation. As someone that has used Parallels Desktop on OS X (now macOS) for years, I find the capabilities (such as VMware Tools integration) of VMware as well as UI superior -- just my opinion.

However, I am attempting to capture an image of a VM created in VMware Workstation to deploy on other PCs (similar to @here). My issue is with Hyper-V, mounting a snapshot image via disk-mgmt was straight forward; but with VMware, my VM disk is based on split .vdmk files and am not sure which file to mount using the "File --> Map Virtual Disk" function.

Also, out of curiosity, is there a way to mount the hard-disk of one VM inside another VM Guest OS? I would appreciate help from anyone and would also like to hear from @jimbo45 as you seem familiar with VMware as well.

Mounting VMware Workstation snapshots with split vmdk files [​IMG]

:)

KabyBlue, May 13, 2018

2. How do I convert a VHD to VMDK?

I have made a VHD using DISK2VHD and I wanted to know how to convert the VHD to a VMware VMDK file.

I have tried to download VSphere Converter, but my VMware account refused to send me my account activation emails.

If there is any other software or converters I can use, that would be great

-Dare.

DareDeveloper, May 21, 2018
  3. PKMishra Win User
    Vmware workstation 7 stoped working after upgrade from Win7SP1 to Win10

Upgrade was perfect for all applications. But VMware workstation 7.1.6 went through the upgrade process but the VMs on the machine did not restart giving memory error. Reinstalled the software, VMs still do not start saying the "Authorization Service not
    started. Tried to install latest VMware Player 12, (VMware claims it runs on Win10), even that did not start. Both VMware 7.1.6 and VMware player 12 during installation gave an apparently non-fatal error message pertaining to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_NOT_EQUAL". Running
    Win10 Pro 64-bit with latest updates. Any suggestion to make VMware 7.1.6 work is welcome - PKM

PKMishra, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Mounting VMware Workstation snapshots with split vmdk files

1. Mounting VMware Workstation snapshots with split vmdk files - Similar Threads - Mounting VMware Workstation

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. Windows 11 , mount .vmdk with File explore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 , mount .vmdk with File explore: Hello everyone I have installed windows 11 enterprise version on my workstation, and I have noticed that the option to mount .vmdk files with file explorer is missing from the right-click options.Does anyone know if there is an update from Microsoft about this? Has this...
  5. Windows 11 , mount .vmdk with File explore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 , mount .vmdk with File explore: Hello everyone I have installed windows 11 enterprise version on my workstation, and I have noticed that the option to mount .vmdk files with file explorer is missing from the right-click options.Does anyone know if there is an update from Microsoft about this? Has this...
  6. Can someone please help me with a vmware file with .vmdk extension ?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can someone please help me with a vmware file with .vmdk extension ?: I have a big file in my pc , almost 220gb .vmdk file . That is supposed to have the Windows 2003 operating system and SAP accounting software in it . But i don't know how to install that Windows 2003 and SAP accounting software from that .vmdk file . Can someone please help ?...
  7. Configure VMware Workstation

Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  8. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  9. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...
  10. VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

VMWare workstation 11 no internet.: Hi, I've done a clean install of windows 10 Pro but am now unable to get internet on a guest VM on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 . I just get a yellow ? Ethernet controller in device manager. I tried my legal copies of Windows Me and Windows 3.11 and can get...