Windows 10: Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts

Discus and support Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have mouse and keyboard PS/2 yellow alerts on Device Manager, but they aren't plugged. Tried to unistall, but they come back on next reboot. 44005 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Be4stElectrjc, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts

I have mouse and keyboard PS/2 yellow alerts on Device Manager, but they aren't plugged. Tried to unistall, but they come back on next reboot.

:)

Be4stElectrjc, Mar 13, 2016

2. Multiple BSOD Problems (maybe caused by Hardware, Driver)

No yellow questionmarks. Only the Standard PS/2 Keyboard and mouse devices have yellow exclamation marks.

They both have error code 24. I currently do not have (and never had) any PS/2 Devices connected to my computer.

I uninstalled both devices, but after a reboot they both reappeared.

I also checked for ghosted devices, but the change did not reveal any additional devices.

Abaddon287, Mar 13, 2016
  3. PS/2 drivers windows 10

We were rebuilding a series of older desktops with a Windows 10 image and installing the Creators update (Build 1703) on to it. This was done on the bench with a USB keyboard and mouse. When we redeployed the machines to their users the PS/2 keyboard and
    mouse no longer worked. They worked in the BIOS but once Windows started they stopped - I still had the NumLock light and the mouse LED was lit so they had power but nothing moved.

Resetting the registry key did not work for us and the devices did not appear in device manager to be able to do anything with drivers. It wasn't even possible to find the PS/2 drivers using add legacy device / show all. Out of interest, the PS/2 keyboard
    and mouse drivers do appear if you show hidden devices - but they have the yellow warning triangle and the hardware can't start.

Anyway - hopefully of more use, we managed to fix it! Using a USB keyboard and mouse, with the PS/2 items also attached, I restarted Windows in safe mode (start windows 10 in safe mode - Bing).
    While rebooting, I removed the USB pair and Windows worked perfectly in Safe Mode using just the PS/2 devices. I rebooted back to normal mode and they still work. I tried this on another machine WITHOUT first doing the registry change and it also worked
    perfectly.

For future builds, we will build with PS/2 in the first place, but for fixing those machines already built, this is the answer.

Hope it helps someone else.

Steve

StephenCripps, Mar 13, 2016
  4. GAS
    Gas Win User

Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts

Disable PS/2 from BIOS

5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Slightly OT but a PS/2-->USB connector works a treat -- I have an old decent (IBM) keyboard with proper keys and White with Black letters and it works really well. I'm not a fan of these modern Black keyboards that have almost no feel on the keys when you type and are quite difficult to see the letters sometimes in poorer light.

(My laptop has Silver on Black -- looks nice too) but I really like the old fashioned keyboard with the PS/2 connector. I don't bother with the mouse -- the USB connector has both keyboard and mouse connectors).

If you have to do any typing then I prefer a keyboard with "Positive feel". I'm used to an electric Piano with positive keys as well -- I.e the note plays like a "Real" Piano - press harder and it's louder --a lot of modern electric piano's play at the same volume however hard or lightly you press the keys.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 13, 2016
  6. If i disable PS/2 Devices Support i lose MSI Fast Boot. What should i do?

I don't use them of course. Gaming keyboard and mouse here. Just want to remove that useless alert.

7. GAS
    Gas Win User
    How much faster is the fastboot than the "not-fastboot"; with an SSD you shouldn't notice the difference.

8. Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts

For now i leave normal fast boot and disable MSI Fast Boot with PS2 Devices Support Enabled (it disables the PS2 ports). But it's not a solution because the error is solved but i can't use MSI Fast Boot.

9. Solved changing regedit i8042prt entry start value to 5.

Be4stElectrjc, Mar 14, 2016
  10. GAS
    Gas Win User
    I am glad at last you found the solution.

Thema:

Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts

1. Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard Device

2. standard ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    standard ps/2 keyboard: What will happen if I uninstall the original keyboard on my laptop? Is it safe to uninstall it will the power button still work if I press it after the restart? My original keyboard keys didn't work because its connector is loose and I still don't have time to fix this so I...
  3. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

Standard Ps/2 keyboard: Hello sir,I have recently update my windows version 1709 to 21H2. My windows gone corrupted.As soon as I updated my windows , only the windows shortcuts of Standard PS/2 Keyboard inbuilt of laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API are not working. I have done these following steps....
  4. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Ps/2 keyboard: Hello sir,I have recently update my windows version 1709 to 21H2. My windows gone corrupted.As soon as I updated my windows , only the windows shortcuts of Standard PS/2 Keyboard inbuilt of laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API are not working. I have done these following steps....
  5. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PS/2 Mouse Shows Plugged In But No PS/2 Mouse Being Used

in Windows 10 Customization
    PS/2 Mouse Shows Plugged In But No PS/2 Mouse Being Used: I have an HP Envy laptop, using the newest version of Windows 10. Having mouse problems, so I tried to uninstall and re-install the mouse. Device Manager shows 2 mice...a PS/2 version, and on that just says HID Compliant. When I unplug the USB dongle, the HID Compliant...
  7. Standard PS/2 Keyboard is not showing in Device manager..help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard is not showing in Device manager..help: My keyboard is not working after I installed Virtual box..Standard PS/2 Keyboard is not showing in Device manager..when I reconnect keyboard it shows device connected popup ..but keyboard not working keyboard is getting power num lock light is on..but no response..pls help...
  8. PS/2 Mouse

PS/2 Mouse: Hello, I have 2 PS/2 mouses. A Logitech TrackMan Vista and a Logitech TrackMan Marble FX. But they just won't work on my desktop (My desktop has a PS/2 port, so i just plug them in my PS/2 port). I tried al the sulutions that i found on the internet but none will work....
  9. Internal Keyboard showing as Standard PS/2 Keyboard in Device Manager

Internal Keyboard showing as Standard PS/2 Keyboard in Device Manager: Sr, I am using Windows 10 on my Lenovo Laptop. My PC was OK till I connected a PS/2 keyboard on it. After I disconnected that PS/2 keyboard, My internal Keyboard is badly working i.e it is autotyping a particular key randomly and whenever I go on Device Manager, The keyboard...
  10. Exlamation Point next to ps/2 mouse and keyboard

Exlamation Point next to ps/2 mouse and keyboard: In device manager, when going to the view tab and clicking show hidden devices I have exclamation points next to Standard PS/2 Keyboard and Microsoft PS/2 Mouse. I can uninstall, but after reboot they appear again. My motherboard does not even have PS/2 outlets, only USB....