Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 3 or so days ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChocoRolls, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 3 or so days ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This happens absolutely randomly, and after a bunch of times, both the keyboard and the mouse completely stops working. They are both connected to the USB ports on the motherboard at the back of the computer, and unplugging and replugging does not make them work again. The only solution to get the mouse and keyboard working again [temporarily], is to restart the PC using the main power button. When they stop working, the numlock light is still lit on the keyboard, but the keyboard does not respond, and I have a small indicator light on my laser mouse that just starts blinking, when it normally has never done that. Everything else is still working, such as any music playing, and the internet. And that is why I am posting, so that perhaps someone could find a solution.
    Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown [​IMG]

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown [​IMG]

:)

ChocoRolls, Jan 25, 2017

2. Keyboard/mouse stops working

My keyboard and mouse stops working. It makes a sound (like when you unplug something from USB) and then it stops working and it starts working again in a 1 minute or 2. Sometime it wont start working until i restart the computer. This is for keyboard
    and mouse both. I need help, this is annoying when i play games and stuff.

bhavikkanparia, Jan 25, 2017
  3. No USB Input Resuming From Hibernate

Hey

Thanks for your reply but unforchantly neither of the methods seemed to fix the issue

There were no issues in Hardware and Device Troubleshooter

Uninstalling the USB drivers stops my keyboard and mouse working, Therefore no proper way to shutdown (Apart from the button)

Ashley Tucker, Jan 25, 2017
  4. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

I mean the mouse is blinking a little bit with red but the red light is there and when i plug and unplug it hears the sound of device connect and still doesn't work, i don't knoe if it is a pc problem or mouse and keyboard problem or mouse problem or keyboard problem or usb ports problem i don't really know....

ChocoRolls, Jan 26, 2017
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

1. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard stop

2. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  3. Keyboard Randomly Stops Working until Unplugged and Reconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Randomly Stops Working until Unplugged and Reconnected: My Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 on my new build PC randomly stops working very sporadic, either mid typing so a key keeps repeating or just stops responding. It has happened three times now in a few days, I can't figure out any pattern as to what causes it. Unplugging the USB...
  4. Keyboard Randomly Stops Working until Unplugged and Reconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Randomly Stops Working until Unplugged and Reconnected: My Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 on my new build PC randomly stops working very sporadic, either mid typing so a key keeps repeating or just stops responding. It has happened three times now in a few days, I can't figure out any pattern as to what causes it. Unplugging the USB...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard just stopped working.: I have a Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY Laptop. It had Windows 11 on Beta Version. A few days ago I had an external USB mouse connected, when I booted up the mouse just didn't work. I thought it was some Driver Issue, So I rebooted. Didn't work. I tried deleting Mouse, USB Root Hub...
  6. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  7. Wireless Mouse stops working until I open Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Mouse stops working until I open Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: This problem started not long ago maybe a few months. My Bluetooth mouse will randomly stop working, though the touchpad still works. The only way to get it to reconnect is to open the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. As soon as the blue splash screen loads and it does...
  8. In-build keyboard stops working until restart

In-build keyboard stops working until restart: I'm on HP Pavillion laptop (HP Pavilion 15-AU030NG) with Windows10 x 64. I'm experiencing a weird behavior of the in-build keyboard since some time: Case 1 If i plug out my usb keyboard, so the in-build laptop PS/2 keyboard remains dead, until i restart the laptop. After...
  9. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown: Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 1 or 2 weeks ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This...
  10. Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown

Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown: I have read multiple threads from this website and others with no real answer on how to fix this issue, so I apologize for starting another thread about it. The web is littered with so many people still having this issue... I just recently updated. I then created a boot...