Windows 10: Mouse and Windows Key Not Working after Reboot

Discus and support Mouse and Windows Key Not Working after Reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For a week or so now, every time I reboot my computer, the following things don't work: Left-Click start menu - nothing happens (right-click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by seldenm, Oct 30, 2017.

1. seldenm Win User

Mouse and Windows Key Not Working after Reboot

For a week or so now, every time I reboot my computer, the following things don't work:
    • Left-Click start menu - nothing happens
    • (right-click on the start menu works - go figure)
    • Right-Click task bar icons - nothing happens
    • Click the windows start button - nothing happens

Strangely, left and right clicking inside applications works fine, so obviously the mouse is working.

Sometimes these all start working after 30 minutes or so, but not always.

I'm running windows 10 pro version 10.0.16299 build 16299

The problem *seems* to have started after the last windows creator update.

sfc/scannow shows no errors.

Any advice for troubleshooting this?

:)

seldenm, Oct 30, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

Mouse and keyboard not working after reboot on Windows 10

To properly get answers to your post you should include some minimum information.

1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface. Make

2. OS type, Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc

3. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build XXXXXX.XXXX

4. For Insiders also include the rs3_release or the rs_prerelease.

5. Where is this happening on the computer, Boot, Screen, App, etc

6. What error are you getting if any?

lacrumb, Oct 30, 2017
  3. Wasseb Win User
    Mouse and keyboard not working after reboot on Windows 10

Hi I've just restarted my computer and now my mouse and keyboard are not working.....

I've turned it on and off again several times nothing. I've changed the USB ports around as well nothing..

**Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Devices and drivers / PC **

Wasseb, Oct 30, 2017
Thema:

Mouse and Windows Key Not Working after Reboot

1. Mouse and Windows Key Not Working after Reboot - Similar Threads - Mouse Key Working

2. Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys: As said in the title, my number pad on the right of my laptop has stopped working properly ever since I reset it.Whenever I turn my laptop on and have to login using my PIN it works just fine, however once I am logged my Numpad just works as arrow keys no matter what I do.The...
  3. keyboard and mouse don't work after first reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse don't work after first reboot: Did a USB install Windows 10. When it restarts the keyboard and trackpad DON"T work. They work fine in BIOS. UGH! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work-after-first-reboot/fd71e1ae-00be-4195-a9b2-d7d3c38d9946
  4. keyboard and mouse don't work after first reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard and mouse don't work after first reboot: Did a USB install Windows 10. When it restarts the keyboard and trackpad DON"T work. They work fine in BIOS. UGH! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work-after-first-reboot/fd71e1ae-00be-4195-a9b2-d7d3c38d9946
  5. keyboard and mouse don't work after first reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Mouse Keys not working in Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Keys not working in Minecraft: I am using Mouse Keys to use my keyboard as a mouse, but in first-person games such as Minecraft, I can't look around.Is there a way to make Minecraft detect mouse movement with Mouse Keys?Thanks in advance!...
  7. Mouse Keys not working in Minecraft

Mouse Keys not working in Minecraft: I am using Mouse Keys to use my keyboard as a mouse, but in first-person games such as Minecraft, I can't look around.Is there a way to make Minecraft detect mouse movement with Mouse Keys?Thanks in advance!...
  8. "Mouse keys" behavior started after Windows auto-rebooted and promoted Win11. Mouse keys...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Mouse keys" behavior started after Windows auto-rebooted and promoted Win11. Mouse keys...: This is why so many of us have trust issues with Windows updates. My computer rebooted overnight without warning, and against my wishes. Then I was faced with "encouragement" to upgrade to Win11, which I declined. Then VSCode appeared to have self-uninstalled. This remedied...
  9. "Mouse keys" behavior started after Windows auto-rebooted and promoted Win11. Mouse keys...

"Mouse keys" behavior started after Windows auto-rebooted and promoted Win11. Mouse keys...: This is why so many of us have trust issues with Windows updates. My computer rebooted overnight without warning, and against my wishes. Then I was faced with "encouragement" to upgrade to Win11, which I declined. Then VSCode appeared to have self-uninstalled. This remedied...
  10. Mouse not working +some hardware listed as unknown after system reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working +some hardware listed as unknown after system reboot: Hello, After a system reboot I faced with the situation that No USB mouse is working on system. My wireless driver and some other did not work properly but after a uninstall and install it worked but listed as unknown... Is there any hope ? [img] [img] 112065

Users found this page by searching for:

1. left click works ater rebot 2019