Windows 10: Mouse Buttons and Trackpad Problems

Discus and support Mouse Buttons and Trackpad Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse buttons and trackpad stop working randomly. I can move my pointer, but I cannot click or tap anything. Sometimes it only takes a few seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Katie Watson, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mouse Buttons and Trackpad Problems

My mouse buttons and trackpad stop working randomly. I can move my pointer, but I cannot click or tap anything. Sometimes it only takes a few seconds to work again and other times it doesn't so I have to shut down my computer. I've tried updating my trackpad as support suggested, but it didn't work. Also, my computer will randomly right click and I won't even be touching the computer.

:)

Katie Watson, Jul 6, 2018

2. Mouse in USB and trackpad not working

Hi Jonathan,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why trackpad or mouse in USB freezes when playing Minecraft. For us to properly assist you, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Windows Store. To proceed, you may click the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Jul 6, 2018
  3. BrickShye Win User
    mouse or trackpad buttons swap on computers linked w/microsoft acct.

An interesting occurrence on each of my computers is that the select button reverses on each computer when changed on only one of them. If I change the select to 'left' on the laptop trackpad the mouse button on the desktop swaps to 'right'.

This began after upgrading to Windows 10 and setting up each computer to logon w/Microsoft acct.

Any suggestions for fixing this annoyance?

BrickShye, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Mouse Buttons and Trackpad Problems

Trackpad and mouse issue in Windows 10

Original title: Trackpad and mouse

I have a problem with my laptop (Windows 10) that whenever i set the primary button to left for the trackpad in Settings, my USB wireless mouse sets it primary button to right click. My laptop is a 2740p HP Elitebook. If you have any tips to fix this issue
    please post.

AsianGamer, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Buttons and Trackpad Problems

1. Mouse Buttons and Trackpad Problems - Similar Threads - Mouse Buttons Trackpad

2. Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?: Apparently after a recent update, I don't seem to be able to keep separate profiles for mouse and trackpad on my HP Spectre 360. Even though I'm a lefty, I've always scrolled the trackpad with my right hand and used my left on the button. This is opposite of how I use the...
  3. Trackpad not working when mouse not connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad not working when mouse not connected: So basically I just got this Logitech g302 and it's working smoothly on my Asus laptop. The problem occurs when I try to use the touchpad when the Logitech mouse app is turned off and the mouse is unplugged. Even though my choice of "Leave touch pad on when a mouse is...
  4. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons: Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred Problem: - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard...
  5. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons: Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred Problem: - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard...
  6. Mouse side button problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse side button problems?: When I press the side button of my mouse, all it does is basically render my mouse useless while I press it, my cursor is unable to move, I cannot click, however, when I press left click, it shows all my tab (Including apps), in which I can select which tab to go to by using...
  7. laptop mouse trackpad

laptop mouse trackpad: my left and right mouse button on my trackpad isn't working anymore it was working just fine a couple of hours ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-mouse-trackpad/65250aa7-c094-49e7-9e68-a1e1940c2a43
  8. Mouse Right Button Click Problem

Mouse Right Button Click Problem: Hi there, In the last couple of weeks I have a problem with my mouse right button (doesn't matter which mouse I use - Pad, USB, etc). When clicking on certain files, such as images, pdf, text files or ms-office files, instead of firing the menu, windows explorer resets...
  9. Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad): Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with using my Cube Mix Plus tablet in laptop mode. With the keyboard connected, doesn't matter if I use the trackpad or mouse, when I click on certain things they just flash up momentarily then disappear. Including the mouse settings window,...
  10. Mouse Problem: Right Hand Button Problem ?

Mouse Problem: Right Hand Button Problem ?: Hello, Have a Logitech Wireless Optical Mouse M/N M-R0006 Works just fine; no problems. Have a new radio program that controls a sw radio. It uses the right-hand button to change frequencies. Cannot get it to work. Apparently nobody else using the program has any...