Windows 10: Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account

Discus and support Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Win10 desktop for which I use a mouse with the right button set as primary, and a Win10 laptop for which I use the trackpad and use the left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THOMASGLASSEN, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account

I have a Win10 desktop for which I use a mouse with the right button set as primary, and a Win10 laptop for which I use the trackpad and use the left button as primary. These keep switching and it seems to have to do with the machines being logged into my MS account.

For example, yesterday I had been working on the desktop and the right mouse button was (correctly) primary. Later, I was working on the laptop and the trackpad had switched to the right button being primary, even though I'd previously set the left as primary. While working on the laptop, I changed the left mouse button to be primary. Then, the next day, when working on the desktop, it's primary mouse button had switched to the left button. I have observed this on several occasions now so it seems as if my MS account is maintaining the same, most recently specified primary mouse button regardless of which machine I'm using.

How can I force each machine to maintain the last primary mouse specified on that machine?

:)

THOMASGLASSEN, Jul 8, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Func Announces MS-3 Gaming Mouse

Func breaks new ground by introducing an ergonomic gaming mouse which features 10 fully programmable buttons. With a clean black rubber coated body a sophisticated and detailed ergonomic design coupled with multiple setting capabilities, the Func MS-3 delivers a tool suitable for hours and hours of gaming.

The Func MS-3 is equipped with an accurate and reliable Avago 9500 laser sensor offering adjustable lift off distance, an instant dpi step switch, excellent tracking capabilities and a configurable report rate. The onboard memory holds up to 3 fully programmable profiles as well as recorded macros. Each button has its specific designed mechanical switch with individually adjusted pressure force.

Mouse  buttons keep switching via MS account 210a_thm.jpg

Mouse  buttons keep switching via MS account 210b_thm.jpg

A discrete LED indicator sits right under the notch over the thumb buttons, telling you which profile and dpi step is active. The LEDs can be customized or turned off to match up with your other computer equipment.

Technical Specifications
    • MCU/Processor: WT6573
    • Switches: OMRON
    • Sensor: Avago UGS 9500
    • Memory: Onboard, 512KB
    • Resolution: 90-5670 DPI
    • Frames per second: 12 000
    • Tracking speed: 5.1 m/sec (150ips)
    • Max Acceleration: 30g
    • Image processing: 10.6 megapixels/sec
    • Report rate: Adjustable, up to 1000Hz
    • Lift-off distance: Adjustable
    • Upgradable firmware: Yes
    • Connection: USB. Goldplated
    It took us nearly 1.5 years to bring the Func MS-3 to perfection, which speaks to the spirit and dedication we put into this product. What we have been trying to accomplish during the project is simple and can be summarized in one word, Advantage.

We anatomically studied the hand to create a deeper understanding of how we can develop an ergonomic shape to keep your hand strain and stress-free while optimizing the button positioning. The MS-3 is indeed equipped with many buttons but they can all be reached without taking your eyes off the screen. We evaluated and re-worked the mouse several times before we were satisfied with the shape and button positioning but I have to admit that the result is fantastic. Another important piece in this puzzle, which has been a focus for us, is quality. We have a reputation to uphold, everybody knows how good our other products are. The MS-3 is equipped with the best components we could get our hands on to meet the requirement of a long product lifetime" says Arvid Pålsson, responsible product developer for the MS-3 project.
    • Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse MSRP 79.95$
    • Available in February 2013

btarunr, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Shmu26 Win User
    Switch mouse buttons globally

I went into control panel and switched mouse buttons, I did this for all my user accounts.

But when I go to the lock screen, the mouse often reverts to default settings, and this is very confusing.

How can I switch mouse buttons for the whole local machine? There must be a registry hack for this.

And after I do this, will I have to undo the setting I made for the individual user accounts?

Shmu26, Jul 8, 2018
  4. shmu26 Win User

Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account

Switch mouse buttons -- also for lock screen

I switched mouse buttons to left-handed, I did this for all user accounts.
    But when I go to lock screen, it often behaves at default settings.
    How can I switch mouse buttons for the whole local machine, even lock screen?

shmu26, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account

1. Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account - Similar Threads - Mouse buttons keep

2. Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows: Three different devices; one brand-new PC with Windows 11; one two-year-old PC with Windows 10; and one one-year-old laptop with Windows 11. For the last few days, inexplicably, the primary mouse button keeps changing from left to right. This is happening DURING use - not...
  3. Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows: Three different devices; one brand-new PC with Windows 11; one two-year-old PC with Windows 10; and one one-year-old laptop with Windows 11. For the last few days, inexplicably, the primary mouse button keeps changing from left to right. This is happening DURING use - not...
  4. Mouse buttons switched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse buttons switched: After the last Windows 10 update, the mouse buttons have switched so that the right button became the primary one. I have tried to reverse the sequence using the settings something you could normally do. It solves the problem, but only for one minute or so. After this, the...
  5. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  6. Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account

Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account: I am left handed and have a dedicated hard-wired left handed mouse on my Win10 desktop PC. Everything is fine using the default right handed settings. I also have a Lenovo laptop with the Lenovo wireless mouse, which by default is right handed. If I enter Mouse settings on...
  7. Switching Computer's MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Computer's MS Account: I want to switch my computer's MS account. I use my second account for billing and want to abandon the account that my computer says is the primary administrator. Funny thing is when I login to the account i don't want, it says I'm logged into the account I do want....
  8. mouse buttons keep switching

mouse buttons keep switching: I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse (trackpad) buttons back to the default orientation almost every time it goes to sleep and wakes up. For whatever reason, it...
  9. mouse buttons keep switching

in Windows 10 Support
    mouse buttons keep switching: I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse (trackpad) buttons back to the default orientation almost every time it goes to sleep and wakes up. For whatever reason, it...
  10. local account unable to switch to MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...