Windows 10: mouse buttons

Discus and support mouse buttons in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi all, i have bought a new Chinese mouse, a nice mouse with good properties but with no special driver. the mouse has 9 buttons (home and dpi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blueblaze, Jun 11, 2016.

1. blueblaze Win User

mouse buttons

hi all,
    i have bought a new Chinese mouse, a nice mouse with good properties but with no special driver.
    the mouse has 9 buttons (home and dpi included), the 6st and 7st buttons are internet and multimedia by default, and i want to change them.
    all the software i found is for 5 buttons max, please help me find a way.
    my knowledge is average, i can work with registry or cmd, and other stuff.

some info:
    driver : windows driver - Hid compliant mouse
    OS - windows 10
    wireless mouse with a usb port.

i am searching the web for answers for a couple of days with no success so i will appreciate any help you can give me.

thank you in advance

:)

blueblaze, Jun 11, 2016

2. Mouse buttons

Hello Matthoefler,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Regrets the inconvenience you have experienced.

Let us know few things to get better understanding in this issue.

What is the make and model of the device?

Is it wired or wireless Mouse?

Does the Manufacturer of the device claims the compatibility with windows 10?

Help us clear information to assist you in this regard.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Mouse buttons

How about a real answer?

it's not like the simple task of pointing out where in the computer the computer finds what to do when a mouse button is pressed would in any way harm Microsoft corp or the Windows brand, in fact keeping that info from the interested consumer with Your product
    installed might just do the opposite.

StumboHemphill, Jun 11, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

mouse buttons

You'll need drivers specific to that mouse. Good known makes like Logitech come with drivers and programs to remap buttons.

CountMike, Jun 12, 2016
  5. blueblaze Win User
    i did not got any driver and i really dont know who the manufacturer is cause i bought it on ebay. any other ideas? there is have to be a way.. maybe moding the windows driver?

blueblaze, Jun 12, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    I'm in similar pickle and tried drivers from other makes (had Logitech before) and none really worked.

CountMike, Jun 12, 2016
  7. blueblaze Win User
    ok, so ill write all the info i have after some reaserch,

the german company perixx has a similar product (MX-3200) but with small difference (3 buttons above the wheel instead of two, they have a driver but it wont detect my mouse.

i think i found the manufacturer, its a chinese or korean compny names, szkodz.
    the only thing written in english is "JS-K8", and they have a product with this name that look the same.
    they have some drivers for other devices but not for this one (i didnt found one).

this is what i have got until now, there is any way to force the driver to detect my mouse?

blueblaze, Jun 13, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

mouse buttons

There are hardware IDs in device manager. Many, specially lesser manufacturers use same PnP chips in their mice so there's a chance to find driver from some other make that way. I got used to buttons on my mouse so I stopped looking further. You may have better luck.

CountMike, Jun 13, 2016
  9. blueblaze Win User
    the mouse is 100% szkodz js-k8, this is a big company in china, they have like 10 drivers in their site none of them working for me.
    i mailed them asking for help, lets see what they say, but i am pretty sure that if i can make the other drivers recognize my mouse i could remap the buttons. is there a way to change the mouse id?

or any other ideas?

blueblaze, Jun 13, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    HW ID is in the firmware, don't think it can be changed.

CountMike, Jun 13, 2016
  11. RWOne Win User
    CM is correct, one could change it if you could rewrite to the Firmware, assuming that is is re-writable, which likely on a mouse it is not.

Sorry, but you are stuck - either you get the proper drivers, or you try others in hope it might see more functions.

You could set an eggroll in front of it to see if you get a response, but I doubt it,

RWOne, Jun 13, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
  13. mouse buttons

http://www.szkodz.com/page391?product_id=25
    I could not find a driver for JS-K8 on the driver download page: - translation only works so well *Wink

szkodz support should be able to direct you to the correct driver.

Best of luck

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

mouse buttons

1. mouse buttons - Similar Threads - mouse buttons

2. My mouse stops working and doesn’t work until I press the physical power button on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse stops working and doesn’t work until I press the physical power button on the...: So I use my computer for gaming on and off from 2:30 to 8:00. the computer doesn’t get overheated too much I make sure it doesn’t. I run windows 11 and I have tried using 3 different mice and they all have the same problem. I even checked drivers for all of them everything is...
  3. My mouse stops working and doesn’t work until I press the physical power button on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse stops working and doesn’t work until I press the physical power button on the...: So I use my computer for gaming on and off from 2:30 to 8:00. the computer doesn’t get overheated too much I make sure it doesn’t. I run windows 11 and I have tried using 3 different mice and they all have the same problem. I even checked drivers for all of them everything is...
  4. My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...: Today my keyboard randomly started registering Q as mouse 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-q-button-on-my-keyboard-is-registering-as-my/2140f828-dcb7-43d4-b398-f55707302975
  5. My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...: Today my keyboard randomly started registering Q as mouse 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-q-button-on-my-keyboard-is-registering-as-my/2140f828-dcb7-43d4-b398-f55707302975
  6. My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...

7. Remote Desktop for iPad & Modern Mobile Mouse - Middle mouse button does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop for iPad & Modern Mobile Mouse - Middle mouse button does not work: I'm using an iPad Pro 5. Gen. & iPadOS 17.3.1 and Microsoft Remote Desktop for working on a Windows 10 system. The mouse device is a Microsoft Modern Mobile Mouse. All is running fine, but the middle mouse button does not work. With another Remote Desktop system Jump Desktop...
  8. Remote Desktop for iPad & Modern Mobile Mouse - Middle mouse button does not work

Remote Desktop for iPad & Modern Mobile Mouse - Middle mouse button does not work: I'm using an iPad Pro 5. Gen. & iPadOS 17.3.1 and Microsoft Remote Desktop for working on a Windows 10 system. The mouse device is a Microsoft Modern Mobile Mouse. All is running fine, but the middle mouse button does not work. With another Remote Desktop system Jump Desktop...
  9. My mouse back button opens a Microsoft teams tab on my browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse back button opens a Microsoft teams tab on my browser: I have a PRO-M9 WIRELESS mouse, I did not assign it to do that and it started after I rebooted my laptop today, I used programs like x-mouse to reassign it back to it's default function but it didn't work, & my forward button is not working at all....
  10. My mouse back button opens a Microsoft teams tab on my browser

My mouse back button opens a Microsoft teams tab on my browser: I have a PRO-M9 WIRELESS mouse, I did not assign it to do that and it started after I rebooted my laptop today, I used programs like x-mouse to reassign it back to it's default function but it didn't work, & my forward button is not working at all....