Windows 10: Mouse cannot straight line anymore (picture xplains)

Discus and support Mouse cannot straight line anymore (picture xplains) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My mouse is rather fokked, but in quite a subtle way; you see, since yesterday-ish, myself/my computer just can not figure out how to mouse. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OblivionArc, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Mouse cannot straight line anymore (picture xplains)

Hello,
    My mouse is rather fokked, but in quite a subtle way; you see, since yesterday-ish, myself/my computer just can not figure out how to mouse. I like to play games, but this oh-so-subtle fokkery has got me on the ropes in terms of not losing my mind midprocess. Attached is a picture of 6 lines drawn from right to left in as straight a fashion as I could manage; from top to bottom: top is 500x:500y dpi, 1700x1700, 2700x2700, 3300x3300 dpi plus a bonus at 3300x3300, and an extra on a different surface at my typical navigation settings of 2700x2700. My mouse is a Cyber Snipa Silencer, ( Cyber Snipa - Silencer Gaming Mouse )

Now friends, my question is... Why has this fokkery occurred? I haven't changed my mouse-surface equipment for years. Why now? No updates have been installed to my knowledge. restarted my computer, still fokkery.

Couldnt find a forum post for this, but feel free to link me things.

Cheers,
    Some Asshole

P.S. here is another picture of 6 lines, same parameters, but drawn from top to bottom, left (500x500) to right (2 sets 3300x3300 then 2700x2700 different surface.)

:)

OblivionArc, Dec 4, 2015

2. Picture Passwords

Hi Candiria,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.
    I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Signing in with a picture password:

With a picture password, you can sign in to your PC with your favorite photo instead of a hard-to-remember password. You choose the picture, which gestures—circles, straight lines, or taps—you use, and where on the picture you trace them. You can draw a picture
    password directly on a touchscreen with your finger, or you can use a mouse to draw your shapes. Everyone who has a Microsoft account on your PC can set up their own picture password.

I would like to inform you that, you cannot set both picture password and typed password at the same time to login to your system.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Paint in Win 10 user manual?

You are correct that most features are the same for all current versions of MS Paint.

Some I still have to learn by trial and error. Example: Draw straight lines from points A, B, C, D, not in a straight line.

Old way. select line and width. place cursor on point A, hold down left mouse button and draw lint to point B. let up on left mouse button. without moving mouse, depress left button again and draw from point B to C, etc..

Win 10 version: select line and width. place cursor on point A and push left mouse button. draw line to point B. let up on left button, then push left button. try to draw a line to point B and it only drags the first line to point B.

it now takes extra steps to draw another line from B to C. Trial and error to figure out what steps.

VeryOldNavy, Dec 4, 2015
  4. dencal Win User

Mouse cannot straight line anymore (picture xplains)

You could try this to see if you have any options.
    Click on Settings (above power button)
    In box at top (type a setting) type mouse, this should offer you various options
    Further settings can be had by clicking on "additional mouse options" as seen in following attachment.

dencal, Dec 4, 2015
  5. KRL
    KRL Win User
    You might want to see if your original mouse driver is still on your system. In the updates recently MS installed new mouse drivers.

If it's the original gaming driver check to see if there are updates for Win 10 compatibility.

Also try turning POINTER TRAILS to ON.

Otherwise that might be a device hardware issue.

6. Hello again,

Thank you for your input, and after many minutes of messing about with system settings, reinstalling drivers & testing, including using the mouse on another computer, I have concluded that the best solution would be to get a new mouse, since this one has a few years, and several falls under it's belt. I'm thinking the laser has just had it with my tomfoolery. Assume that this is the solution if I don't post again. Should be noted that lowering the mouse speed in Windows Settings, and increasing the dpi in the silencer configuration program seemed to yield the most dramatic improvement to the smoothness with which I could navigate.

Thanks again,
    Some Asshole

OblivionArc, Dec 6, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    Also stop drinking so much coffee and get a slug of scotch, helps steady the hand !!!

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse cannot straight line anymore (picture xplains)

1. Mouse cannot straight line anymore (picture xplains) - Similar Threads - Mouse cannot straight

2. My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on: On Windows 10, hibernate is broken You close the lid and the laptop can catch fire in your backpack because Hibernate is not a reliable command anymore. Other applications or drivers on Windows 10 can now cancel your hibernate command and the computer will still work at full...
  3. My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on: On Windows 10, hibernate is broken You close the lid and the laptop can catch fire in your backpack because Hibernate is not a reliable command anymore. Other applications or drivers on Windows 10 can now cancel your hibernate command and the computer will still work at full...
  4. I can only draw straight lines

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can only draw straight lines: As the title says I can only draw straight lines. No matter where I am on paint or if I’m playing a game that involves drawing. The only way I don’t is when I move my mouse super fast. Any ideas or suggestion on how to fix this. submitted by /u/IrksomeOffensive [link]...
  5. Mouse Lines

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Lines: So you know how when you go to type a document or just anything in general there's a line at the end that sort of flashes, well that's appearing everywhere I click, even if it's not box in which I can type. I was scrolling through Youtube and when I clicked on the description...
  6. Cannot use Mouse and Keyboard with PC anymore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use Mouse and Keyboard with PC anymore.: My PC has apparently stopped reading my Keyboard and Mouse. I think this has to do with a problem with the USB ports itself and not my mouse and keyboard. Whenever I start my PC my Keyboard's RGB lights light up so it is connected, but when my PC asks for my password the...
  7. Cannot change my Lock Screen picture anymore

Cannot change my Lock Screen picture anymore: [ATTACH]Hi, I have a laptop with Win 10/64 Home pre-installed on it. I had set a picture on my Lock Screen, but now I only have a blue background. If I go to Settings/Lock Screen, I get the message shown in yellow on the attached screen capture. I used to have access, but...
  8. App to draw straight lines over Photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App to draw straight lines over Photo: Hello, I am looking for an app for windows 10 that I can draw straight lines over a photo. I would love the ability to connect lines and edit each line after created. I have an app for iPhone that does this called 6f-markup but I cannot find anything for windows 10. If anyone...
  9. Shift Key - Straight Line

Shift Key - Straight Line: Hi, What is the code in windows that allows users to draw a straight line while holding down the "Shift"key? I noticed some applications allows the users to draw a horizontal and vertical straight line while others allow straight lines at 45 degree angles as well. -...
  10. Looking For A Very Simple Program To Create A Straight Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking For A Very Simple Program To Create A Straight Line: So check this out. I want a very small and simple program that will create an on-screen (on this desktop monitor) a straight line with very simple steps. 1) I hold down a certain combo of keys (to not interfere with Microsoft Windows' intended single action keys, such as...