Windows 10: Mouse clicks acting bizarre

Discus and support Mouse clicks acting bizarre in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Logitech M510, which is only a few months old, at most, has started acting odd. A lot of times, I would click something, and the system would react... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GuyInDogSuit, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Mouse clicks acting bizarre

My Logitech M510, which is only a few months old, at most, has started acting odd. A lot of times, I would click something, and the system would react as if I clicked twice. And if I'm highlighting text, it jumps around, even though I'm holding down the button firmly but gently. This is the second mouse this has happened with. I have a wired gaming mouse that's several years old, which started doing this a while back, on an older install of Windows, and I bought this M510 thinking the contacts in the old Drakonia were wearing down. Well, the M510 was working fine, then today I noticed it was "double-clicking" on itself. I really think this is just a software or driver issue, because it works fine on other PCs and devices I've used it with, and I've run Linux as well, and I didn't have this issue at all. It seems to only happen in Windows 10, and usually after a couple months after I've freshly installed it.

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Mar 23, 2018

2. Mouse left-click is acting like a right-click.

My mouse has recently acting weird. Whenever I left-clicked the mouse, acts like a right-click however my right-click is still good. Therefore, both buttons are acting like right-clicks. Sometimes, it goes off by just leaving it a few minutes but then
    the issue returns if you used it after a few seconds. Since I'm using a laptop, both the external mouse and the touch pad had this issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse drivers but did not work. Please send a help. Thank you.

SherwinJalandoni, Mar 23, 2018
  3. How to slow down the left mouse button? It acts like a rapid fire button.

Thanks for responding, but none of these helped. The mouse and laptop are brand new, and the mouse was always like this, right out the box. Is there a way to change the speed setting for a single click? It acts like it is set to keep firing on mouse
    down. Perhaps it is preset to a mouse down event instead of mouse click event? I admit I don't know much about that, but that is my guess based on how it is acting.

Statesman63, Mar 23, 2018
  4. werby Win User

Mouse clicks acting bizarre

Hi,

This is not a driver or Windows issue. It's a (cheap) micro switch problem because of static electricity.
    Just google your problem and you'll find out a lot... You may also go to Logitech forum or support.

When I was having the same issue, I was opening the device and using a cleaning spray for micro switches, I had a nice working mouse for a couple of months or more. Then again and again...
    Unfortunately, that's Logitech...

P S: There is a very small app which had worked fine here, called "Left Mouse Button Fix"

werby, Mar 23, 2018
  5. Unfortunately that only catches half of the clicks, so it's still doing it a lot, just not all the time now.

And I don't think it's a static electricity issue. As stated, this only happens on my Windows 10 PC. It works fine on a Windows 7 PC, as well as on various other devices I've tested it on that are compatible with it.

GuyInDogSuit, Mar 24, 2018
  6. werby Win User
    Yes, but I think you knew about the reason, 7 months before.*Smile
    It took me many days of searching and testing on my two previous Logitech (MX Master) and one day I realized that I had two choices. First, buy a new one*Sad and second, the cleaning spray*Sick.

Have a nice day!

werby, Mar 24, 2018
  7. CountMike New Member
    Slowing click speed may help:

Mouse clicks acting bizarre [​IMG]

CountMike, Mar 24, 2018
  8. werby Win User

Unfortunately, it doesn't help at all.
    Actually, what makes the device useless, is the selection function. If you try to select a text, many files or drag something, having button constantly pushed, it performs many clicks, driving to a hell, loosing files and works.
    It's an "ancient" problem with those micro switches.

werby, Mar 25, 2018
  9. Well, I still don't understand what you mean by "cleaning spray." What spray? And where am I supposed to spray it?

GuyInDogSuit, Mar 28, 2018
  10. CountMike New Member
    Contact cleaning and lubricating spray, an good electronics store should have it. Something like this: Electrical Contact Cleaner Spray Lubricants | High Purity

CountMike, Mar 28, 2018
  11. Berton Win User
    Some the problems as you described with Notebooks/Laptops can be attributed to having an external mouse being used and the Touchpad still active. I help older folks in learning how to turn the Touchpad off, helps keep wandering thumbs from making unintentional moves.

Berton, Mar 28, 2018
  12. GuyInDogSuit, Mar 29, 2018
  13. CountMike New Member

It comes with thin straw for the nozzle which you insert under button where micro switch is located. I don't know how handy you are but you can also open mouse up , clean and lubricate inside. Other ways you can ix it is to change micro switch. I also fixed up few by adjusting depth of button so it pushes down om switch a bit more etc.

CountMike, Mar 29, 2018
  14. I really wish there was another way to fix it. I can't buy the cleaner til my next paycheck. I can barely even afford food right now.

GuyInDogSuit, Apr 2, 2018
  15. werby Win User
    Right bellow video there are 2 links to amazon. The second one...but if I understand, this is a price for ordering many pieces.
    Here in my country, prices (for one piece) start from 2.5 up to 15.

werby, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse clicks acting bizarre - Similar Threads - Mouse clicks acting

2. Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.: Since the latest cumulative update for Windows 11 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375, my mouse sometimes performs a double click instead of a single click.It happens with every mouse I connect to my PC ASUS TUF Dash F15...
  3. Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.: Since the latest cumulative update for Windows 11 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375, my mouse sometimes performs a double click instead of a single click.It happens with every mouse I connect to my PC ASUS TUF Dash F15...
  4. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  5. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  6. Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse: I have a Surface Pro 7 which is about 3 months old along with an Arc Touch mouse purchased at the same time. I have been experiencing an intermittent, strange problem that starts and stops on its own. Right-clicking either the mouse or the touchpad acts like a left click....
  7. Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour

Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour: In decades of using a Windows PC this is the weirdest behaviour I can ever recall. My wireless mouse cursor remains motionless when I use it in its normal position, on the right of my Logitech wireless keyboard. Regardless of surface and with fresh batteries in both the...
  8. Bizarre mouse/interface behavior

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre mouse/interface behavior: This isn't happening right now, but it's happened three times in the past few days so I'm sure it will happen again soon. Occasionally, the interface and mouse will start behaving in very unusual ways that make navigation near impossible. I'm on a desktop, but I have a...
  9. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...
  10. Enter key is acting as left mouse click

Enter key is acting as left mouse click: So I have had my wired mouse and keyboard for a while, some months, never had any issues. Last night I went to control panel, went to uninstall a program, and I repaired both X64 and X86 Microsoft visual C++ programs. I reset my PC today while getting several PC updates....