Windows 10: Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!

Discus and support Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 10 after all that hype but it looks like I can't even play games or do any work on PS or AI. Whenever I hold down a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ned, Aug 26, 2015.

1. NED
    Ned Win User

Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!

Hello,
    I just upgraded to Windows 10 after all that hype but it looks like I can't even play games or do any work on PS or AI. Whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard, the mouse cursor freezes and I can't move it unless I let go off the key.

I have updated my drivers and everything, but I am not able to fix it. Someone help me? I am on an ASUS G75 laptop btw, using in-built keyboard and external ROG mouse that comes with it. Tried the issue with touchpad too, same problem.

:)

2. Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!

Hello,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 after all that hype but it looks like I can't even play games or do any work on PS or AI. Whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard, the mouse cursor freezes and I can't move it unless I let go off the key.

I have updated my drivers and everything, but I am not able to fix it. Someone help me? I am on an ASUS G75 laptop btw, using in-built keyboard and external ROG mouse that comes with it. Tried the issue with touchpad too, same problem.

ChiragChopra, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Jessen P Win User

Hi Chirag,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your
    computer was installed correctly.

Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
    and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows logo to open the search box.

b: Type troubleshooting, hit enter.

c: Now click Hardware and sound.

d: Now click Hardware and devices and then click Next.

Hope this information helps.

Jessen P, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key! - Similar Threads - Mouse Cursor Freezes

2. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  3. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  4. Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...: Whenever I am using a program or game like, when I play Minecraft, and I hold down the W key to move or any other key, after holding it around 2 seconds, the framerates come to 0 and windows starts to hang but when I leave the key, all comes to normal. An the problem gets...
  5. Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...: Whenever I am using a program or game like, when I play Minecraft, and I hold down the W key to move or any other key, after holding it around 2 seconds, the framerates come to 0 and windows starts to hang but when I leave the key, all comes to normal. An the problem gets...
  6. My cursor stops moving when i hold down a key on my keyboard!!!

My cursor stops moving when i hold down a key on my keyboard!!!: I was trying to do some light gaming on my laptop, when i noticed that my touchpad does not work at the same time as pressing or holding down any key on my keyboard. This would make it impossible for me to do any sort of gaming. I am using a HP Elitebook 745 G3, I have...
  7. My cursor will not move while hold down a key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor will not move while hold down a key.: My cursor will not move if I press down any key except the space bar it is really hard to do loads of stuff since it will not move once I press a key does anyone know how to fix?...
  8. Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.: For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where after holding...
  9. Mouse not working when holding down a key

Mouse not working when holding down a key: I have three mice that all have this same problem, so I think this is a fault on my laptop (this also happens with the touchpad). Whenever I hold down a key for some reason, laptop will not register any right/left clicks. I've tried restarting, updating the drivers and I'm...
  10. Shift key not working when holding down a key

Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see the cursor when holding down a button on keyboard

2. mouse pauses when holding key