Windows 10: Mouse cursor has randomly enlarged and has lines going through it

Discus and support Mouse cursor has randomly enlarged and has lines going through it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says, my mouse cursor is behaving strangley, it has lines going through it and has enlarged itself. I've not modified anything in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oseph, Jul 14, 2015.

1. oseph Win User

Mouse cursor has randomly enlarged and has lines going through it

As the title says, my mouse cursor is behaving strangley, it has lines going through it and has enlarged itself. I've not modified anything in the cursor options, I've even click on default settings, restarted my PC ect and it's still not reverting. The strange thing is, if I log out of Windows, the cursor goes back to normal, but as soon as I log back in it goes weird again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It used to look like this:

Mouse cursor has randomly enlarged and has lines going through it [​IMG]

Whereas it now looks like this:

:)

oseph, Jul 14, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

White square on lock screen

Can you get any clues from these type of posts? Perhaps you can update your Graphics Driver, or even Rollback to the previous Driver? Search your OEM's web site for your make and model Graphics Card to ensure that you have the latest Driver.

Mouse cursor has randomly enlarged and has lines going through it - Windows 10 Forums

Corrupt Mouse Cursor Icon

Corrupt Mouse Cursor Icon

big white distorted square as my mouse cursor - Recherche Google

Any Driver Rollback can be done via Device Manager.

Where is Device Manager?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/where-is-device-manager

Device Manager Information for Windows 8 or 10

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=au&lc=en&docname=c03540049

Personally I would not bother with Hibernation, I prefer to Shutdown correctly. Your machine will need to restart occasionally to finish installing all the Windows Updates thrown at it. Nowadays machines start so fast that there is not a lot to be gained
    from using Hibernation. Hibernating overnight might even be a slight risk?

Hibernation, good or bad?

Hibernation, good or bad? - Forums

Linney, Jul 14, 2015
  3. Mouse cursor not shown on the Asus laptop.

Original title: mouse troubles

on my asus touch screen laptop with windows 10 ( updated from windows 8 ) the mouse cursor has diasppeared for an unknown reason.

i tried pressing FN + F9 and just F9 ( F9 is the button with a mouse on with a line through it ) and nothing happened and i do not know who to fix it. I've tried everything.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

Soph B 101010, Jul 14, 2015
  4. Rexz Win User

I noticed this today. Seems to have happened in the last few hours. First I had some scrolling lines when I had a web browser open which showed the desktop. Looked like the lines from an old CRT but wider. Now those have stopped and I'm stuck with an enlarged typing cursor and weird cross hair on my charting software. Also noticed some other software that uses the mouse seems to have stretched the cursor. No idea what is going on...

5. BunnyJ New Member
    It would help if you guys filled in system specs so others can start to help out., But at first blush I would say.. graphic driver issue. But I need more system information.

BunnyJ, Jul 14, 2015
  6. Gramps Win User
    I'm getting the tall, thin cursor whenever I'm over something that can be selected, or in an area where I am typing, like here in the reply section. Win update did push out a new Nvidia driver yesterday. No other issues with the cursor so far...

Gramps, Jul 14, 2015
  7. savesheep Win User
    I'm glad this thread is new - it must be an update that just got pushed. I have all my system specs put in for help. The regular pointer cursor looks just fine but the text editing cursor and the hand are stretched out like the photos referenced above.

As far as video driver goes, I've installed the nvidia driver that came with my card. It all looked fine before but I've only had windows 10 since Monday so I may not have noticed until now.

Look at my Windows 10 Update History I have this at the very top: NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Successfully installed 7/15/2015. I am currently using Nvdia GeForce driver version 10.18.13.5350 published 7/8/15.

Could it be related?

savesheep, Jul 14, 2015
  8. Rexz Win User

I have that same update installed today. Seems something broke. How or where do we report this to MS? or is this an nvidia problem?

9. oseph Win User
    PC specs, 2 gtx 760's in SLI, 4770k, Maximus Gene VI, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Your correct there was a Nvidia driver update via Windows update which was installed today. Strange thing is there is no sign of this Nvidia driver update on geforce.com, and my driver still shows as 353.50

Hopefully they fix this promptly because I won't be able to bear with this for the next 2 weeks.

oseph, Jul 14, 2015
  10. Gramps Win User
    Okay, I've checked in Windows Live Mail, Photoshop, QImage (photo printing software) and I'm now seeing the other messed up cursors. Could be an NVidia issue. I also looked around on the web for 353.50 and it is not available at any of the sites. If Nvidia is aware, and it is a driver issue, I'm sure they will address it.

Gramps, Jul 14, 2015
  11. oseph Win User
    353.50 was released a while ago.

GeForce Windows 10 Driver

Version 353.30 - WHQL Release Date Mon Jun 22, 2015 Operating System Windows 10 64-bit

On my system this issue isn't specific to certain applications, it's everywhere, desktop etc.

Edit:: sorry my mistake, 353.30 was released ages ago. I'm going to downgrade back to 353.30 and disable automatic Windows updates

oseph, Jul 14, 2015
  12. savesheep Win User
    Spoke with Nvidia support - they are now aware of this issue thanks in part to this thread. I'll update here as soon as I get an update from them.

savesheep, Jul 14, 2015
  13. oseph Win User

I don't think this is related to Nvidia, this seems to be something related to Windows. I've just downgraded my driver back to 353.30 and the problem is still present, infact even worse - I've got a trail of artifacts surrounding my cursor now.

Edit:: I did downgrade my driver, but it appears to I'm forced me back onto 353.50

oseph, Jul 14, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I've never had that issue with any build of Win10 to date. Must be a driver issue not Windows.,

BunnyJ, Jul 14, 2015
  15. oseph Win User
    This is silly how Windows has forced a Nvidia driver update and we now have no way to remove it. Nvidia updates should be a seperate update as they were in Windows 8.1.

oseph, Jul 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Mouse cursor has randomly enlarged and has lines going through it - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor has

2. screen has lines through it then goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen has lines through it then goes black: I built this computer a few months ago for a friend. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, but then this issue occurred while he was using it with Windows 11. Eventually, the screen would just go black every time this happened, and it would occur anytime it went out of the...
  3. screen has lines through it then goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen has lines through it then goes black: I built this computer a few months ago for a friend. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, but then this issue occurred while he was using it with Windows 11. Eventually, the screen would just go black every time this happened, and it would occur anytime it went out of the...
  4. screen has lines through it then goes black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Laptop Screen has these lines that won’t go

My Laptop Screen has these lines that won’t go: My laptop screen has these lines on them that won’t go away and i don’t know what to do i’ve already tried methods and it’s not working ignore the cracks...
  6. cursor enlargement

cursor enlargement: Text cursor has suddenly become a large, capitalized letter. no changes made. I NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-enlargement/192c0638-1f80-49b6-8721-c86dc8562470
  7. cursor enlargement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor enlargement: Text cursor has suddenly become a large, capitalized letter. no changes made. I NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-enlargement/192c0638-1f80-49b6-8721-c86dc8562470
  8. my microphone has a line through it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my microphone has a line through it: my microphone has a line through why an can it be fix so i can use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-has-a-line-through-it/fbc40b43-d852-4ec0-ac79-ea68a5259874
  9. Enlarge Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Enlarge Cursor: My eyesight is getting worse and I wold like to enlarge my CURSOR so Ican see where it is going and is. Can anyone tell me how to achieve this please? Regards, 144699
  10. Mouse driver issue, cursor has vanished

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse driver issue, cursor has vanished: Hello all, first time posting here, was hoping you could help me with a bizarre problem that I've encountered today. My newly built PC told me there was a problem with my PS/2 mouse driver (mouse is a Razer Naga 2014 with wired USB connection and had been working perfectly...