Windows 10: Mouse Cursor Stuck

Discus and support Mouse Cursor Stuck in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded from 8.1 (brand new) and I can move my mouse cursor for a couple seconds then it freezes and starts showing a loading circle every few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by udt, Aug 3, 2015.

1. UDT
    udt Win User

Mouse Cursor Stuck

I just upgraded from 8.1 (brand new) and I can move my mouse cursor for a couple seconds then it freezes and starts showing a loading circle every few seconds.

:)

2. My cursor sticks on my laptop (NO MOUSE) since I installed Windows 10

Original Thread: Cursor

My cursor sticks on my laptop (NO MOUSE) since I installed Windows 10. When I scroll, stop and research a subject, then try to move the cursor it is stuck, I have to tap very hard on the pad to move the cursor. This happens every time not just randomly.

D.K.Elkins, Aug 3, 2015
  3. MouseWithoutBorders cursor not disappearing properly

Hello,

I am using MouseWithoutBorders and it is great so far except one thing, it doesn't hide the mouse cursor properly when I leave the screen. The cursor gets stuck at the top edge. Is there any fix for this? Thanks.

EltonLaw123, Aug 3, 2015
  4. UDT
    udt Win User

Mouse Cursor Stuck

Update, plugged in usb mouse- works. Ran Asus smart touch, all looks normal, uninstalled, reinstalled mouse driver, still nothing.

5. I get this on my Sony Vaio - I found a thread of people discussing an issue with an early Synaptics driver but mine is a few versions past this. If I boot the machine with a USB mouse plugged in - no problems. If it goes to sleep and I unplug the mouse then I get stuck in a blue screen cycle.

cheeseytoastie, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Simple Win User
    Uninstall your current Synaptics driver software through Control Panel. Reboot the computer and check if it downloads the latest driver itself (use the USB mouse to perform the various operations if needed).
    Access Asus site and download the latest suitable software and install it. If the is a fault or any issue after reboot, install it again and reboot.
    You could try these drivers:
    VERSION: 18.1.42.2 REV: A PASS: 1
    L: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70001-70500/sp70197.exe (this one has inertia/momentum and touch zone resize built-in)
    VERSION: 19.0.12.95 REV: A PASS: 15
    L: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72088.exe

Simple, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Funnily enough I've just tried this Simple. I tested a hibernate and it looked like it worked.

I'll run it for a few days to see if it's truly fixed (as I've seen it work on a forced hibernate but not a "natural" deep sleep).

cheeseytoastie, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Mouse Cursor Stuck

Nope - still happens.

It seems to happen most when the laptop goes to sleep itself and then I unplug the USB mouse and wake it.

cheeseytoastie, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Latest round of updates (including a Synaptics update) seem to have resolved this issue. Very pleased!

cheeseytoastie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Cursor Stuck

1. Mouse Cursor Stuck - Similar Threads - Mouse Cursor Stuck

2. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck at black screen with mouse cursor: I was stuck at a black screen similar to when a computer is waking from sleep and could only see my cursor for a long time.Further when I restarted I just got back to this black screen ctrl alt delete, win+ctrl+shift +B did nothing eventually the computer went back to normal...
  3. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stuck at black screen with mouse cursor: I was stuck at a black screen similar to when a computer is waking from sleep and could only see my cursor for a long time.Further when I restarted I just got back to this black screen ctrl alt delete, win+ctrl+shift +B did nothing eventually the computer went back to normal...
  4. Blue Circle on Mouse Cursor Stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Circle on Mouse Cursor Stuck: Hello, since yesterday, the blue circle next to the mouse cursor has been stuck and flashing without breaks. It keeps jumping back and forth really quickly (video: https://imgur.com/a/oNjHj7o )Ive already tried restarting, closed Spooler through task Manager, ran Windows...
  5. Mouse cursor stuck on working in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor stuck on working in background: Hi All,For the past 2 days my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background and switches to working in background almost instantly after log in.So far I have:Reviewed task manager and top of the list is antimalware service executable at 10% CPU.Checked for and updated...
  6. Mouse cursor stuck on working in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor stuck on working in background: Hi All,For the past 2 days my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background and switches to working in background almost instantly after log in.So far I have:Reviewed task manager and top of the list is antimalware service executable at 10% CPU.Checked for and updated...
  7. Mouse cursor stuck on working in background

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Mouse cursor is stuck on one point

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor is stuck on one point: To pretty much sum it up my cursor is stuck on my main monitor and when i try to move it, it just snaps back to where it was at before. I've tried many different fixes and none have worked. I havent a clue what to do....
  9. mouse cursor stucking

mouse cursor stucking: added a wireless mouse thinking it's my touchpad, but either way the arrow cursor seems stuck in the middle surrounded by a halo of two crop circles I have checked and updated drivers... is it a coincidence that this issue started after the win 10 upgrade?...
  10. Mouse cursor stuck in center of screen

Mouse cursor stuck in center of screen: My mouse cursor suddenly froze in the corner of my screen after closing a game, i restarted my computer and ive also googled alot and reinstalled drivers and so far nothing has worked im using a m65 pro corsair mouse and i cant buy a new one so thats a no go, also im on a...