Windows 10: Mouse do not work in desktop and start menu

Discus and support Mouse do not work in desktop and start menu in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a Logitech Mx 518 mouse and it was working fine since this morning when it become unresponsive. I restarted window and was not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pushkar1989, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Mouse do not work in desktop and start menu

Hi

I have a Logitech Mx 518 mouse and it was working fine since this morning when it become unresponsive. I restarted window and was not able to click on my image (password) then I removed the mouse and plugged in another mouse which I use in my laptop and I was able to login and use this new mouse.

Now the issue is when I use my Mx 518 on my other system the mouse works well and without any issue.

Now when I plugged in my Mx 518 then again same thing happen I was unable to click but what I found is I can easily click on any desktop icons , double click and can open my folder/files.

It only does not work in windows login/start menu and sometimes in internet browsers.

I have tried to reinstall drivers and nothing worked.

Another case I see, when I have my other mouse plugged in and everything works fine and then I plug in Mx518 both mouse become bad and I cannot use the start menu etc. And then If I remove the Mx518 the other mouse does not work until I restart my PC.

So something is with this desktop and the mouse.

When I see this? When I was playing the game and I hit Alt + Tab 2-3 times and I found later my mouse is not working.

How can I fix this?

:)

pushkar1989, Aug 26, 2016

2. Issues with the start button in Windows 10

It's not the mouse, it's the start button on the desktop. I right click with the mouse and the start menu doesn't come up. the mouse works fine with everything else.

dickwright, Aug 26, 2016
  3. RenatawK Win User
    start menu, taskbar and sound do not work in Windows 10 after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Hello Niranjan,

Thank you for advice. Unfortunately it does not work in my case. Not for long anyway, two days was okay but the problem reappeared again. I would like to get back to my old Windows 8.1 but I have a question. On Microsoft support page I found information
    that in order not to get locked I need to know password to Windows 8.1. I know this password but I used the same password to Windows 10. Is it still okay to get back?

Regards

Renata

RenatawK, Aug 26, 2016
Thema:

Mouse do not work in desktop and start menu

1. Mouse do not work in desktop and start menu - Similar Threads - Mouse desktop start

2. Keyboard & Mouse along with all usb connections do not work in the windows start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard & Mouse along with all usb connections do not work in the windows start menu.: Hi, so everything was fine until this morning when i turned my pc on and my keyboard, mouse, microphone, and headset all turned off when the windows start/log-in page opened up. All these USB connections work fine in the BIOs settings though. Someone please help!!!...
  3. Keyboard & Mouse along with all usb connections do not work in the windows start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard & Mouse along with all usb connections do not work in the windows start menu.: Hi, so everything was fine until this morning when i turned my pc on and my keyboard, mouse, microphone, and headset all turned off when the windows start/log-in page opened up. All these USB connections work fine in the BIOs settings though. Someone please help!!!...
  4. Keyboard & Mouse along with all usb connections do not work in the windows start menu.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. desktop start menu and search button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop start menu and search button not working: desktop start menu and search button not working i have done dsm and sfc and reinstalled windows none of it works i use desktop daily i noticed that when turning on pc and first thing i need to open is start buton after that it will work and start and search functions are...
  6. Using Start Menu as a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Start Menu as a desktop?: Hi all Does anyone know if it's possible, within Windows 10 or using a third party program, to make the Start menu full-screen and to have it permanently replace the desktop as the thing that shows when you minimise all windows/hit the Start button/hit the Desktop button?...
  7. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.: Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc scans and nothing...
  8. start menu pinned to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned to desktop: my start menu is always on top of the desktop making me unable to access the desktop directly, how can i resolve that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-to-desktop/1d188809-d239-418c-942b-d5e4455693a5
  9. Taskbar buttons and start menu do not work

in Cortana
    Taskbar buttons and start menu do not work: I try to go into my battery life, but it doesn't open the tab. This is the same for: - Network - Windows Defender - "type here to search" - microphone - cortana I recently just reset my surface pro 4 on windows. This only occurred after resetting my laptop they don't...
  10. Mouse Offset on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Offset on Start Menu: A while ago my mouse started offsetting while in the Start Menu. Everywhere it is fine and points exactly where it should. Click on the start button and open up the start menu then it is offset. Not all the time though. Most times it is normal but when it does offset the only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse only works on taskbar and start menu