Windows 10: Mouse drag loses focus since Windows 10 v1607 update

Discus and support Mouse drag loses focus since Windows 10 v1607 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all, I have this issue that has been driving me nuts ever since I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro x64 to v1607 (from 1507) recently. It's a desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Meszes, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Meszes Win User

Mouse drag loses focus since Windows 10 v1607 update

Dear all,

I have this issue that has been driving me nuts ever since I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro x64 to v1607 (from 1507) recently. It's a desktop PC with a trusty old Logitech MX518 plugged into a back panel USB 2.0 slot. Same symptom with or without Logitech Gaming Software installed. Tried it with another (noname) mouse but same story. PC is free of malware, no sign of anything out of ordinary other than this. Needless to say that everything was working fine prior to update.

[youtube]KvObbfHBiVU[/youtube]

So what happens in the video is that when I click and hold an item and make a fast movement with the mouse, it loses focus of said object and drops it right there when it happens. This rendered drag&drop an infuriating trial and error process.

Another strange behavior I noticed is that 'shaking' a window will minimize another magically. What is happening?!

I'm not sure if the two symptoms are related to one another, I'd just like the mouse to work normal again, just as before the Anniversary Update. Is it because of some new mouse gesture or tablet oriented feature? I'm left puzzled here.

Thank you for any response, highly appreciated!

:)

Meszes, Aug 9, 2016
  2. GEFrey Win User

new Microsoft Jigsaw problem.

Can you explain why I lose my mouse clicks (and drag) in Microsoft Jigsaw. Has only happened since the Windows 10 update installed on 14 August 2017. The mouse click still works outside the Jigsay screen. i.e. on the taskbar.

GEFrey, Aug 9, 2016
  3. SDACloud Win User
    Losing Mouse / Cursor Focus - Windows 10

Windows 10, 64bit Dell Laptop

A month ago I gave in and did the Windows Fall Creator update. I immediately noticed an issue with my mouse / cursor losing focus like every 10 seconds. As I design If I left click and drag and it would lose connection and I would lose the selection. Frustrating!

I read many others had this issue and rolled back to a restore point before Fall Creator update to solve the issue. So I did do that and it did work. But all the sudden it has started again. Perhaps Windows ran an update that brought the problem back, although
    I have my updates set to manual.

Reading there are many people with this issue. It's not their mouse, reinstalling windows doesn't fix it for them.

So what do I do? Just suffer with the issue? Any hacks or solutions?

Thanks.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

SDACloud, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

Mouse drag loses focus since Windows 10 v1607 update

1. Mouse drag loses focus since Windows 10 v1607 update - Similar Threads - Mouse drag loses

2. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  3. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  4. Mouse keeps losing focus of active window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse keeps losing focus of active window: Getting super annoying, so what's happening for example is if I'm playing league of legends, or browsing the internet, watching youtube etc the window will become unfocused, requiring me to click inside the window again. This is especially annoying while gaming. I've tried...
  5. Mouseclick loses focus of current window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouseclick loses focus of current window: Since a couple of days, whenever I use the mouse and make a mouseclick (left, right or middle) Windows loses focus of its current window - there's no program in focus. When a window is focused (using alt-tab or by opening a new window) using the keyboard works flawlessly...
  6. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  7. Active Window Loses Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Window Loses Focus: Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've...
  8. Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse: Intermittently, Win10 windows would lose focus about every 5 seconds. Sometimes this was fixed by restarting. I looked at my mouse driver configuration. I use a Kensington Mouse-in-a-Box. I think this is only slightly relevant. I found that two mice were listed under...
  9. Active window randomly loses focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active window randomly loses focus: On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it will stop accepting my input and make a sound, or I could be scrolling and suddenly it would stop. I can't even play Minecraft...
  10. Losing focus on top window

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus on top window: Strange thing has been happening since, I believe last Patch Tuesday (6/09). Context menus and message boxes don't stay "focused" (on top) if I move the cursor out of the window. Can hover/click on taskbar icon to get back on screen, but as soon as I move the cursor, it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 mouse loses focus when dragging

2. windows 10 mouse looses drag

3. mouse left click drag and drop loses focus win 10

4. mouse loses focus,
  5. trackman wheel loses focus,
  6. left click drag loses focus win 10