Windows 10: Mouse driver install

Discus and support Mouse driver install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed a Logitech M510 wireless mouse driver, which works fine. However, every time I start my PC in the morning, Win 10 installs an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by esebm, Oct 28, 2016.

1. esebm Win User

Mouse driver install

Hi,
    I have installed a Logitech M510 wireless mouse driver, which works fine.
    However, every time I start my PC in the morning, Win 10 installs an additional HID compliant driver, which is totally redundant. How can I verify which driver is used and how can I prevent that unneeded driver to be installed in the first place?
    Thanks,
    Ed

:)

esebm, Oct 28, 2016

2. right mouse button on laptop stopped working on Windows 10 after June update

I downloaded and installed the latest mouse driver from Dell. I was afraid to uninstall the driver, because I need the left mouse button to do selection of items on the computer. I was afraid that my mouse would be totally disabled if I uninstalled the
    mouse driver, and I wouldn't be able to select install for the downloaded version of the driver.

The replacement of the driver using this method was unsuccessful in fixing the broken right select button. If I try to uninstall my mouse driver and install a fresh copy, will my mouse work well enough to do that?

EAdler_AUS, Oct 28, 2016
  3. I have some issues related to the Mouse after i upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Please help.

After trying a different mouse (Remote mouse app on a phone) and noticing that the pointer does not freeze I've been lead to believe it is a driver issue for the mouse and not an application. However I cannot roll back the driver for the mouse. When I
    plug the mouse into a new USB port the installing driver application shows up on the task bar and when opened says it installing a driver for "USB Optical Mouse" with a keyboard icon. Once the driver install has completed I begin getting the freezing issue
    again, it works fine before the installation completes but I can't use the mouse after uninstalling the driver and when plugging it back into the computer it starts the download and installation automatically with no way to cancel.

nickth2009, Oct 28, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Mouse driver install

Rather than uninstall the Win10 driver have you tried to Disable it in Device Manager? Unless the user is a hard-core gamer I don't install the software that comes with a mouse, Windows tends to do pretty good.

Berton, Oct 28, 2016
  5. esebm Win User
    Well, I did uninstall in Device Manager.
    When I see the additional driver installed the next time I just disable it.
    I have installed the Logitech driver because with the win driver, the mouse ran kind of jagged and sometimes moved the pointer only after several mouse movements.
    Thanks for the quick response.
    Ed

esebm, Oct 28, 2016
  6. esebm Win User
    OK, I disabled it in Device Manager and it seems to stay disabled after re-boot.
    Is there any way to verify which driver is actually used?

esebm, Oct 28, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    If you had 2 entries for the Mouse in Device Manager then the one you Disabled should not be loading.

Berton, Oct 29, 2016
  8. esebm Win User

Mouse driver install

OK, got that.
    Thanks,
    Ed

esebm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse driver install

1. Mouse driver install - Similar Threads - Mouse driver install

2. Mouse and Drivers:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Drivers:: I only have one mouse and keyboard, Logitech Y-R0053 wireless and it freezes up. Under the Hardware tab it lists two 2 and the top one says "HID-compliant mouse" and the bottom one says "HID-compliant Unifying Mouse". When I look at the driver details under the bottom one it...
  3. Mouse and Drivers:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Drivers:: I only have one mouse and keyboard, Logitech Y-R0053 wireless and it freezes up. Under the Hardware tab it lists two 2 and the top one says "HID-compliant mouse" and the bottom one says "HID-compliant Unifying Mouse". When I look at the driver details under the bottom one it...
  4. HID Compliant Mouse/Keyboard Driver installing instead of Razer Mouse/Keyboard Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID Compliant Mouse/Keyboard Driver installing instead of Razer Mouse/Keyboard Driver: Hello,For some time now I have been struggling to install the required drivers for my Razer DeathAdder Elite and Cynosa mouse and keyboard. They worked fine when I got my PC but a while after that I was having trouble with Java when trying to install shaders to use on...
  5. HID Compliant Mouse/Keyboard Driver installing instead of Razer Mouse/Keyboard Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Compliant Mouse/Keyboard Driver installing instead of Razer Mouse/Keyboard Driver: Hello,For some time now I have been struggling to install the required drivers for my Razer DeathAdder Elite and Cynosa mouse and keyboard. They worked fine when I got my PC but a while after that I was having trouble with Java when trying to install shaders to use on...
  6. HID Compliant Mouse/Keyboard Driver installing instead of Razer Mouse/Keyboard Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot install mouse drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install mouse drivers: Synapse isn’t detecting a Razer Mamba Te. I think it is the driver issue so I tried to update the drivers but got an error that "Access is denied". My system runs Windows 10 HOME 1809. I don’t know how to install drivers using CMD. I also face the issue when installing...
  8. Installing mouse drivers access denied

Installing mouse drivers access denied: I have a razer mamba te, and Synapse isn't detecting it because of a driver issue. However, when I try to update the drivers, i get an "Access is denied" error. I have windows 10 home 1809. I have tried running device manager as SYSTEM and it still wont install, and I have...
  9. Mouse Drivers

Mouse Drivers: I have a Microsoft Laser mouse 8000 with Windows 10 pro They do not have drivers for Windows 10 So of the ones shown what should I use [img] 19789
  10. Windows installing random mouse driver??

Windows installing random mouse driver??: Hey guys, I hope this is the right section. Anyway I've basically just done a clean install of Windows 10 on my new PC and I noticed after It was done setting up and everything, that there's something called pximouse or (TiltWheelMouse.exe when I click open file location)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install dummy mouse driver