Windows 10: mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

Discus and support mouse freezes and then right click wont respond in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stor, May 27, 2017.

1. stor Win User

mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click.
    I called dell and they came and changed the entire mouse pad but still no success.
    I downloaded the shellexview as was proposed in another thread and followed the steps to disable the pink ones, still no result.
    Today I did format in the laptop and reinstalled windows 10. a few hours later the problem was back. After the format I installed again shellexview and repeated the steps. still no result
    I am running out of options. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

2. Ed Draper Win User

Windows Explorer locks up

When I right click on a filer or folder in Explorer, the screen freezes, mouse blue wheel turns without stopping, then I get a "Not Responding" indication when I attempt to exit.

Ed Draper, May 27, 2017
  3. Right mouse click on Start Button, then left mouse click doesn't work

If I right mouse click on the Windows 10 start button and then attempt to left mouse click on the displayed items, only the bottom 4 launch. Desktop, Shutdown or sign up, Run, Search all will launch. From File Explorer up to Programs and Features will
    not. Nothing happens!

I have contacted MS Support and we've created a new profile (problem remains in new profile), did an in-place upgrade (problem remained afterwards), nothing has resolved it.

Not sure what else to try at this point. Haven't come across any other anomalies using my mouse. It's a Microsoft wireless 2 button scroll wheel mouse. Seems to work fine everywhere else I've tried.

Thoughts? Things to try?

Thanks!!!

mekelly999, May 27, 2017
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

I have to assume that Dell had you reinstall the driver for the touchpad before they sent a tech out to replace it.

If you have tried both newest and an old driver, replaced the touchpad, AND reinstalled Windows and it still does not work then you have to assume there is a fault on the motherboard.
    If this laptop is still under warranty then insist that they replace it.

5. stor Win User
    thank you for the reply. i did all that you said. I only have the laptop for five months. I do not think dell will replace it, probably they will change the motherboard or something. When am i entitled to replacement?

6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    You are entitled to a working laptop. If that means you need a new motherboard you are entitled to that right now.

You would only get a replacement laptop when you demand it.
    They are within their rights to replace the parts until they get it right. But that process does not factor in your down time. You paid good money for a working PC. How many attempts do you wish to give them to do that?
    You respectfully and firmly ask, knowing full well that they can respectfully and firmly refuse to do so.

7. stor Win User
    Hi again. Today the technician came and changed the keyboard. It seems that was the problem cause the right click started working again. Hopefully it will last. Thank you

stor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. mouse freezes and then right click wont respond - Similar Threads - mouse freezes right

2. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  3. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  4. Right click not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Right click not responding: Dear Support team, Need help below 1. Right click of any file, folder, application, software is not working, it keep on scrolling round? 2. Windows defender scan is suspending continuously while full scan or custom scan or quick scan? 3. Inadvertently I installed one...
  5. Right click not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click not responding: C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  6. Right mouse click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...
  7. right click not responding

right click not responding: recently ,I reset my laptop and after the installation I face an issue whenever I try to right click on the desktop window the cursor goes to loading state and doesn't responds or open the context menu. Is there any solution ?? please help!!...
  8. Mouse clicks not responding

Mouse clicks not responding: Today, I opened the computer. On the lock screen, everything worked as normal, but once it started, no mouse clicks would respond. If I hover over something in the taskbar, it lights up as it should, but clicking on anything does nothing. If I use the touchscreen, the clicks...
  9. Right click not responding......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not responding......: Yesterday i reset my windows 10 and after the fresh startup , when i click the right mouse button (right click) on desktop .....then it did not respond infact only the blue circle was just loading , loading and still loading.......How to resolve this problem please tell if...
  10. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...