Windows 10: mouse/keyboard wont wake pc

Discus and support mouse/keyboard wont wake pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last Windows updates at the beginning of the month, my mouse and keyboard will not wake pc from sleep mode. I am having to do a shutdown and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonnaP, Nov 4, 2017.

1. DonnaP Win User

mouse/keyboard wont wake pc

Since the last Windows updates at the beginning of the month, my mouse and keyboard will not wake pc from sleep mode. I am having to do a shutdown and startup again to use pc.
    I am not particularly savvy on how to fix, but any plain english ideas to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

DonnaP, Nov 4, 2017
  2. Danny_00 Win User

PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

I already did a reset (reinstall) of Windows. The problem was still there even after reinstalling, but after messing around and to see if disabling keyboard would do anything (which I wouldn't of thought) It did how in fact made PC not wake up again.

So could say problem is fixed which is purpose of this thread but all isn't perfect. The PC wont go into sleep mode on its own I would have to do it myself. I was to curious to see if my keyboard was cause of it so instead of having my PC waking up by power
    button I chose to use my mouse to wake up PC. Once I made the changes the PC wont go into sleep mode again.

Danny_00, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Installed But Computer Won’t Resume Sleep/Wake

More information for Microsoft if they give a S---

My PC works ok as long as there is no application running when the PC and screen goes to sleep.

Then it can wake ok with mouse or keyboard.

Again, if I have an application running (for example xLights running a thousand RGB pixels) when PC goes to sleep it will not wake with mouse or Keyboard.

yikes,

JerryWolferZH, Nov 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, different users receive different updates at different times, so I don't know to which updates you are referring.

Could you post a screenshot of your Update History please?
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Then Browse to your image, select it and upload it. E.g. png, jpg. Thanks.

For more guidance
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    Windows 10 Forums

Open a command prompt and use this command to list all devices potentially capable of waking your PC:
    powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any
    Please post a screenshot.

Then use this command to list devices presently enabled to wake from sleep:
    powercfg /devicequery wake_armed
    Please post a screenshot.

See if your mouse and keyboard are listed.

Also please specify whether your mouse and keyboard are USB or wireless devices - how are they connected?

dalchina, Nov 4, 2017
  5. DonnaP Win User
    Hi Dalchina My mouse (logitech) and Keyboard (dell) are both wireless. I have a Dell desktop all in one (no box) I have checked to see that the mouse and keyboard are checked to wake up the pc. It wont come off the black sleep screen. I hope I have followed instructions properly.
    mouse/keyboard wont wake pc [​IMG]

DonnaP, Nov 5, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, those seem to show the devices should be capable.

Could you post a screenshot of your Update History please?
    If the update to which you refer was the new build 1709, you will also have received a new set of drivers, quite possibly different versions.

As these devices could wake your PC before that but don't now, you could find
    - some setting has changed
    - the driver version has changed

There are numerous possible settings which might affect this, even (in general) in the BIOS. However, the BIOS settings won;t have change of course!

Look for a setting like this:

(I don't have a wireless mouse attached, so yours will appear different).

See solution 7 (second part).
    Fix: Windows wont wake up from sleep after the Fall Creators Update

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. mouse/keyboard wont wake pc - Similar Threads - mouse keyboard wont

2. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  3. Pc keyboard and mouse wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keyboard and mouse wont work: So basically I’ve had this pc for a while now I clean it here and there no problems until recently where my keyboard would stop working randomly and I’d have to press certain keys to get it to work again, but now it’s come to the point where whenever I turn on my pc my...
  4. Pc keyboard and mouse wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keyboard and mouse wont work: So basically I’ve had this pc for a while now I clean it here and there no problems until recently where my keyboard would stop working randomly and I’d have to press certain keys to get it to work again, but now it’s come to the point where whenever I turn on my pc my...
  5. Pc keyboard and mouse wont work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse: OS: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made: -Under device manager i made sure...
  7. Waking up the PC with mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Waking up the PC with mouse or keyboard: Help me to set up waking the pc with a mouse or keyboard. Normally when my laptop goes to sleep, I have to press the power button to wake it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-the-pc-with-mouse-or-keyboard/951b0a7c-36ee-4242-8eff-9a9d3fe59be0
  8. Keyboard and mouse will not wake my PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse will not wake my PC: I have the option clicked on to have the mouse and keyboard to wake the pc up on sleep mode, but it will not work. Any suggestions? I have went to device manager and made sure the option is clicked on both to wake up pc not working. I have also checked for updates on...
  9. Mouse/Keyboard won't wake PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse/Keyboard won't wake PC: Hi there, I edited the BIOS settings to try and enable my keyboard and mouse and wake my computer from sleep, however now I am having the problem that moving the mouse/using keyboard also turns on my computer when it is powered off. Is there a way to get my computer to...
  10. PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard: Hi all. I've been struggling for weeks in finding a solution to this very annoying behavior of my new desktop pc running W10 Pro x64. I have successfully activated hibernate mode (S4), yet whenever the PC is hibernated a shake of the mouse or the press of any key on the...