Windows 10: Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia]

Discus and support Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia] in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey guys, i recently switched to Win10 (clean install), after installing all the drivers i noticed a little mouse lag when i do certain tasks:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by unnamebyte, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia]

Hey guys,

i recently switched to Win10 (clean install), after installing all the drivers i noticed a little mouse lag when i do certain tasks:

• Plugin any USB device
    • Changing mouse settings
    • sometimes right clicking on the taskbar

I have noticed it comes from the nVidia card.

I have a MSI Laptop which has a little indicator on the power button (White light = Intel card is in use, Orange light = nVidia card is in use), and as soon as i plugin any USB device i see the indicator changes from white to orange for like 1-2 seconds and goes back to white. So this means, the nVidia card is running for a very short time and this causes the lag as it seems.

I have uninstalled the drivers and tested with the Intel Graphics drivers only - No lag!

But i can't use the Laptop without the nVidia drivers, since i sometimes like to play games.

So anyone knows about this issue? Is there a way to fix it? Because on 8.1 i don't have this issue...

Edit:

Some specs:

Intel HD Graphics 4000
    nVidia GTX 675MX

:)

unnamebyte, Jan 1, 2016
  2. RomarioP Win User

Mouse Lag on Windows, but not on apps

This has been an issue for a few weeks now. After I use my computer for a while - sometimes hours sometimes minutes - the mouse will start to lag heavily, but only on the Windows home screen. If I open any other app, open the start menu/Cortana, or simply
    scroll over the bottom ribbon, the lag will stop (sometimes the latter option will not work though). As long as I have a Window open and not minimized, there is not lag even if I scroll onto the desktop. If I minimize or close all windows, the lag resumes.
    The only way I have found to stop this issue is to restart my laptop. After a while, however, the mouse begins to lag again. I first noticed this issue the day I updated my Nvidia graphics card drivers. I don't know if this would be the cause though because
    I use an integrated graphics card from Intel to handle displaying the desktop. I have found a plethora of issues with mouse lag in Windows 10, but none that match this description. Any help would be appreciated since I have been unable to solve this issue
    on my own. Thanks in advance!

Here is some more info on my laptop:

Lenovo Y50 Touch

Intel i7-4720HQ 8 cores with 2.6 GHz

16GB RAM

Windows 10 build 14393

DirectX version 12

Display Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600 with 2GB and driver version 10.18.15.4256

Render Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M with 12GB and driver version 376.09

RomarioP, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

HP told me to disable "hybrid graphics" in the BIOS. the problem occurs when switching between the cards(drivers)

now i only use my nvidia card and not the intel.. So far no more BSOD's.

They say there are still some problems with the drivers and intel is coming with new drivers soon that prevents this problem.

svenvan Nieuwenhuizen, Jan 1, 2016
  4. awpyt Win User

Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia]

The Intel HD Graphics are being used continuously when not playing games because it is trying to save power. Try to change your Nvidia Control Panel settings to allow the GPU to be used instead of HD Graphics.

awpyt, Jan 2, 2016
  5. p04sin Win User
    I have same problems like lagging.I have used several methods like DDU.re-installing both intel & nvidia.using safe mode c++ redistributable file can't install nvidia graphics driver error coming.In my laptop the lagging issue is solved when I'm disabling nVidia graphics driver from device management. I don't know what's happening? I'm checking it in my 7 os.but problem is solved now in Windows 7 64bit.
    Laptop's configuration are as:
    nVidia 820m 2GB; intel HD 4400 2GGB.
    problematic os:Windows 10pro 64bit.
    i3 4005U ;4GB RAM

please solve this problem.

p04sin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia]

1. Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia] - Similar Threads - Mouse lag Hybrid

2. Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card: Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-nvidia-graphic-drivers-on-intel/c0fdb01a-7af1-4cb7-8bfd-2f007f9ccd26
  3. Graphic card lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card lagging: Hello, I have a problem with my computer. Every time I turn on the computer, everything slows down, the entire windows together with games, applications open for a long time and everything, the sound also breaks on YouTube. And when I turn off the graphics card, everything is...
  4. Graphic card lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic card lagging: Hello, I have a problem with my computer. Every time I turn on the computer, everything slows down, the entire windows together with games, applications open for a long time and everything, the sound also breaks on YouTube. And when I turn off the graphics card, everything is...
  5. Graphic card lagging

6. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  7. Nvidia graphic card

Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  8. Disappearing NVIDIA Graphics Card.

Disappearing NVIDIA Graphics Card.: About a month ago i purchased an HP OMEN 17" Laptop 16 GiG memory, I7 Ninth Gen processor 9750H and NVIDEA RTX-2070 Graphics card, no probs untill 3rd night, switched it off normally next night i switched it on, all icons have changed and enlarged from 100% to 125%, i had...
  9. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  10. Graphic card nvidia

Graphic card nvidia: I recently did a clean installation of windows 10 and after installing the new os windows wont detect and use my primary graphic card which is nvidia 940mx and i tried installing the latest drivers but it still uses on board graphics what shoud i do? P.S: i tried the nvidia...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse lag nvida graphics card