Windows 10: Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click

Discus and support Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a brand new asus laptop, and i can move the mouse, but it won't click, the button nor the sensor register a click. i am currently using a old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by udt, Aug 5, 2015.

1. UDT
    udt Win User

Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click

I have a brand new asus laptop, and i can move the mouse, but it won't click, the button nor the sensor register a click. i am currently using a old corded mouse i had. please help.

:)

2. mouse and touchpad pointer moves but can't click windows 10

Hi,

To troubleshoot your concern about the mouse/touchpad not working, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X > click M.
    • Press Tab > go to Mice and other pointing devices > press
      right arrow key.
    • Hit Enter on the item under Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Click Tab until it highlights the General tab > go to
      Driver by using the arrow key.
    • Go to Update Driver by using Tab >
      Enter
    May we also request for a screenshot of Device Manager?

Note: Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regile Reb, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Amanda1 Win User
    mouse and touchpad pointer moves but can't click windows 10

(SOLVED: SEE EDIT**)

Today the batteries in my wireless USB mouse died. After replacing them, I get a pointer that moves properly but I can't click on anything.

So I try the touchpad and it is the same.

I try a wired mouse and it is the same.

This is a Toshiba satellite laptop L455, windows 10.

I tried some troubleshooting and sometimes a click will work. But troubleshooting is difficult to impossible because i can't click, but playing around with tab and arrow keys I could try a few things.

I went into device manager and removed the touchpad driver and restarted. After restart the clicking seemed to be working. I went online, opened a few tabs. On one tab, on a page I use every day, when I would click on login, suddenly the page would change
    to my home page. After a few minutes of browsing around, the mouse quit again, no clicks would work.

I started in safe mode, it still wouldn't work. While in safe mode I managed to run a spyware scan, it found a bunch of adware I removed, but after restart still no mouse clicking.

I seem to need to go into task manager to get shutdown options, and I have noticed that once I go into task manager , clicking sometimes starts to work again, but never for long.

Sometimes the right click feature will work but most times it won't. Sometimes I can left click on a few things but not all things.

Sometimes after shut down or restart the mouse will work for a few clicks, sometimes it doesn't work from the get go.

Right now I am running a virus scan.

What more can I try?

**Edit: SOLVED:

I fixed it!

I took the wireless mouse USB out to try it in another computer. The touchpad then started to work again.

It occurred to me I had reinstalled the touchpad driver, but what about the wireless mouse driver? So I plugged the usb part of the wireless mouse back into the laptop, into another USB port. Windows popped up and said it was installing a driver. Once done,
    I re-connected the mouse to it by pressing the connect button on the back of the mouse. Now all mice work properly!!

So now I can get back to work. I will leave this question up in case it helps someone else.

Amanda1, Aug 5, 2015
  4. UDT
    udt Win User

upon enabling all mouse settings in smart gesture, and disabling a stock touch pad sensor and rebooting. it works.

Thema:

1. Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click - Similar Threads - Mouse Moves Doesn't

2. Windows 10: The program window doesn't move as I hold & move the mouse click to reposition...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: The program window doesn't move as I hold & move the mouse click to reposition...: Every other computer I've had allows me to grab a window by the top bar and move them around. You see the window move as you hold left click and move the mouse. This is not the case with my current machine . You click on the top bar and move the mouse and the window stays...
  3. Windows 10: The program window doesn't move as I hold & move the mouse click to reposition...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: The program window doesn't move as I hold & move the mouse click to reposition...: Every other computer I've had allows me to grab a window by the top bar and move them around. You see the window move as you hold left click and move the mouse. This is not the case with my current machine . You click on the top bar and move the mouse and the window stays...
  4. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  5. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  6. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Mouse will move but not click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse will move but not click?: My pc makes a noise like something is being connected after it is restarted and about 5 seconds after home screen appears then my mouse will still move but not click. When it’s booted in safe mode the mouse works fine. Nothing is being connected to my PC so I have no idea...
  8. Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks: Hi guys, my gf has a problem with her laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN) while everyday using or playing games: sometimes when she clicks somewhere on the screen, the desktop instantly shows up and she's unable to do anything with mouse aside from moving the cursor around (i...
  9. Mouse doesn't click sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse doesn't click sometimes: I have an issue with my mouse where it won't click sometimes, unless I ctrl+alt+delete+esc. But when I hop on a game if functions fine. Can anybody help me please? I also recently rebooted my pc recently and this has been happening before I did it....
  10. Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking: Okay, so first off I want to say that one of my 3.0 drives has had this problem for a while, but now it's all my drives. It only moves barely and it bothers me, I can barely do anything on here now. I'm not sure if it's my mouse or the computer. But my computer has had a lot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse and touchpad pointer moves but cant click windows 10

2. mouse moves but doesnt click windows 10

3. touchpad has cursor but doesnt do anything

4. windows freeze mouse mooves doestn click