Windows 10: Mouse not Working

Discus and support Mouse not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I updated Windows 10 (security). After that my mouse when in the "standard" user no longer works (the keyboard works). When I used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ETobias, May 22, 2018.

1. ETobias Win User

Mouse not Working

Yesterday I updated Windows 10 (security). After that my mouse when in the "standard" user no longer works (the keyboard works). When I used the "administrator" user the mouse works. Any ideas?

:)

ETobias, May 22, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 22, 2018
  3. Mouse/touchpad not working after installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. Kindly follow the below given methods:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change mouse pointer setting and check if it works. Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Open Mouse Properties by pressing Windows key + X, and then clicking
      Control Panel. In the search box, type mouse, and then click
      Mouse.
    • Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following:
      • To change the speed at which the mouse pointer moves, under
        Motion, move the Select a pointer speed slider toward
        Slow or Fast.
      • To make the pointer work more accurately when you're moving the mouse slowly, under
        Motion, select the Enhance pointer precision check box.
      • Check the Enhance Pointer precision checkbox and click Apply and OK.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the touchpad or Synaptic Touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Mouse not Working

1. Mouse not Working - Similar Threads - Mouse Working

2. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  3. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  4. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  6. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  7. No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work: Hey I was about to play a new game I installed on my computer from Ubisoft and but it said my graphics driver was out of date I went to update it. I then went back to the game to check it but it was still saying the same thing I went over to device manger to update it...
  8. No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work

No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work: Hey I was about to play a new game I installed on my computer from Ubisoft and but it said my graphics driver was out of date I went to update it. I then went back to the game to check it but it was still saying the same thing I went over to device manger to update it...
  9. Remote Desktop mouse not working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop mouse not working [Fix]: [IMG]Is your mouse not working on the remote desktop? Many users have reported that mouse clicks just don’t work on their remote desktops, and some users have also reported that the mouse cursor disappears. If you are experiencing the same problem, we will show you how to fix...
  10. Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS: Hi,We have an old arc mouse Surface Pro era, which had not been used since we updated to Windows 11.Here is system info:Mouse blue light is on with fresh batteries, but no cursor movement is visible on screen.Any thoughts or suggestions?...