Windows 10: Mouse Offset on Start Menu

Discus and support Mouse Offset on Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A while ago my mouse started offsetting while in the Start Menu. Everywhere it is fine and points exactly where it should. Click on the start button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by veldthui, Nov 24, 2017.

1. veldthui Win User

Mouse Offset on Start Menu

A while ago my mouse started offsetting while in the Start Menu. Everywhere it is fine and points exactly where it should. Click on the start button and open up the start menu then it is offset. Not all the time though. Most times it is normal but when it does offset the only way to correct it is to reboot.
    Have not found anything via google search that specifically mentions this or how to correct it. It is a pain though and at first I thought the start menu was not functioning

:)

veldthui, Nov 24, 2017
  2. JacobHolz Win User

Mouse offset in start menu

I don't know, but it happened to me as well.

JacobHolz, Nov 24, 2017
  3. philp234 Win User
    Mouse offset in start menu

Justine,

This is a bug with a recent windows update as it's happening with lots of people, even with the default generic microsoft mouse driver. check the forums for other posts, e.g.

Windows 10 Start Menu Mouse Pointer Issue

philp234, Nov 24, 2017
Thema:

Mouse Offset on Start Menu

1. Mouse Offset on Start Menu - Similar Threads - Mouse Offset Start

2. Mouse cursor displayed without offset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor displayed without offset: When the mouse cursor changes to one that should be displayed with an offset e.g., the hand cursor should be displayed slightly to the left so that the tip of the finger matches the mouse position it is not and instead is drawn with the same position as the default...
  3. Mouse cursor displayed without offset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor displayed without offset: When the mouse cursor changes to one that should be displayed with an offset e.g., the hand cursor should be displayed slightly to the left so that the tip of the finger matches the mouse position it is not and instead is drawn with the same position as the default...
  4. mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot: i don't know how this happenedI have 2 monitors, never had this problem appear before today. It's offset like in the image this is ms paint.Same problem under photoshop, same offset distance. I tried restarting the comptuer, i tried changing all the pointer settings, changing...
  5. mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot: i don't know how this happenedI have 2 monitors, never had this problem appear before today. It's offset like in the image this is ms paint.Same problem under photoshop, same offset distance. I tried restarting the comptuer, i tried changing all the pointer settings, changing...
  6. Monitor Resolution Offset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Resolution Offset: I dropped my 2nd monitor moving it and scratched up the right side of it making it hard to see things so I changed the resolution from 16:9 to 4:3 so it isn't in the way, but when at that resolution the image is centered so some it is still cut off so I was wondering if there...
  7. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...
  8. Mouse do not work in desktop and start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse do not work in desktop and start menu: Hi I have a Logitech Mx 518 mouse and it was working fine since this morning when it become unresponsive. I restarted window and was not able to click on my image (password) then I removed the mouse and plugged in another mouse which I use in my laptop and I was able...
  9. Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu: Following the last windows update I had an issue where my Logitech Mouse (actually Mice, I tried more than one *Wink ) would not scroll correctly in the Start menu area. The scrolling worked everywhere else that I tried and actually worked if I pointed the mouse at the...
  10. Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.: Hi. Anyone else have this issue? 33630