Windows 10: Mouse pad works normally, but USB mouse causes issues

Discus and support Mouse pad works normally, but USB mouse causes issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had this issue since last weekend and I've tried many different things in order to fix it. When I boot up my computer, I can use the mouse pad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LasseKaa, Mar 28, 2017.

1. LasseKaa Win User

Mouse pad works normally, but USB mouse causes issues

I've had this issue since last weekend and I've tried many different things in order to fix it. When I boot up my computer, I can use the mouse pad normally, but as soon as I use the external mouse, I can only either interact with the taskbar or anything else but the taskbar.

I use a Steelseries Sensei RAW.

Methods I have tried so far:
    Restart computer (several times)
    Run antivirus and anti-malware scans
    Closed Sticky Notes (which seemed to solve it, but just a little while)
    Installed new graphics card driver (again, solved it temporarily)
    System Restore
    Windows Recovery
    Command Prompt and run sfc /scannow trice
    Update Steelseries driver

Sometimes, opening a program, which asked if I wanted to let it make changes to Windows helped a couple of times. It didn't matter which program it.

I hope you can help. Thank in advance.

:)

LasseKaa, Mar 28, 2017
  2. Gunfa Win User

Wacom Graphics Pad Windows 10

I have an older Wacom Graphire4 tablet that worked fine with Windows 7 but I can't get it to work with 10, in the device manager it appears under the HID Tab as HID complient digitzer also as USB input device ( a normal mouse ?)

It works as a normal mouse in the BIOS prior to loading windows, both the above entries are listed as working normally with no problems in device manager, but there is no movement at all.

If I boot up without the Graphire mouse on the Graphire Pad no power appears, but if the mouse is on the pad an orange power light appears & changes to green on clicking the mouse.

I have tried installing various Wacom drivers without success, the HID complient digitzer entry says no driver files are needed or loaded for this device, the USB input devie entry has the same 3 driver files listed as my USB mouse.

I think fresh ideas are needed, anyone have an answer?

Gunfa, Mar 28, 2017
  3. TRB_85 Win User
    Screen Flicker

I was able to solve the problem. It appears the my mouse pad is causing the problem. I disabled it with ALT F7 and the Bluetooth mouse work fine. The mouse pad is stuck which was causing the problem. Looks like I will have to replace or repair the mouse
    pad which does not seem to be an easy task based on a video that I watched. If you can recommend a video on repair a mouse pad on an Acer V3-575T that would be great. The mouse pad appears to be hard to get to.

TRB_85, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Many Notebooks/Laptops have a feature to turn off the Touchpad, usually a switch or an Fn+Fx key combination to do it, it's a hardware thing separate from the Operating System. The question would then be, does turning off the Touchpad while using the External mouse allow it to work normally?

Berton, Mar 28, 2017
  5. LasseKaa Win User
    Just tried it. The issue persists. Even if I enable the mouse pad again, it can only interact with what the external mouse can.

LasseKaa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse pad works normally, but USB mouse causes issues - Similar Threads - Mouse pad works

2. not work mouse pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not work mouse pad: not work mouse pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-work-mouse-pad/1817cee6-5597-4f52-92e3-81b0549eaba2
  3. not work mouse pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not work mouse pad: not work mouse pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-work-mouse-pad/1817cee6-5597-4f52-92e3-81b0549eaba2
  4. not work mouse pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pad: Hi,I've just got a new laptop and I'm having trouble with my pointer. It does things all on it's own, without me clicking on anything. Also, when I'm typing, I will suddenly be typing in the middle of a previous sentence, it's very frustrating and I can't find how to stop it....
  6. mouse pad issue.

mouse pad issue.: I have a logitech g502 lightspeed mouse. it has suddenly stopped working on several mouse pad surfaces. it works on other surfaces but not my mouse pad. can anyone help me out?...
  7. Mouse Pad Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pad Issues: My mouse pad worked fine up until last week. I haven't installed any new updates or touched any of my settings. When I am using the mouse, I can no longer use the two-finger scroll supported by my Synoptic mouse pad. Sometimes my mouse pad doesn't register my finger at all...
  8. Mouse and touch pad Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and touch pad Issue: My wife and I have identical laptops (I am running Windows 10 Home and she has Windows 10 Pro) and are experiencing the same problem. Periodically the mouse and touch pad stop functioning. The pointer can be moved around the screen but the "click" function does not work. The...
  9. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pad: I have a Toshiba laptop, and my mouse on my computer is not working, what can i do to get it to work again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad/60e3d4cf-131d-4b43-817f-be08457ccdd9
  10. mouse pad

mouse pad: How do reverse disabling the mouse pad on an asus touchscreen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-pad/33b07987-2d8c-4743-9b2c-35077e9ac08e